• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
So... Why is Danny getting free games from publishers?

Isn't his whole thing about being independant and choosing documentarie's subject by how interesting the story would be?

I dunno... It feels weird.

next he'll be posting crate opening vids in CS:GO ;D

A multi-target open world Hitman tied to a real world clock schedule ala Animal Crossing absolutely NEEDS to get made.. Square pls :(

Assassin's Crossing, you say?

221512454_FfcPb-2100x20000.jpg

END HIS LIFE.

MG310

The thing I'm most excited for in the GOTY podcasts is 100% Jeff's annual Most Disappointing rant.

SFV's going to get both barrels, and it's going to be fire.

Don't forget it'll also come during the discussion of the Please Stop undisputed champion "Stop releasing broken ass games"

robotrock

Banned
Doesn't it go "your drug is a heartbreaker"?

Weezer played a show at the opening of the Microsoft Store down here, probably about five years ago now. Definition of lame imo.

I probably would have wrote: "soooooooooooooooooooo" instead of "so" if i was referencing that

robotrock

Banned
I can't hear All The Small Things anymore without hearing Jeff's imitation Blink voice from that Singstar video.

When I sing it in rock band I aim for jeff's voice, not fred durst's.

I hope Jeff and Alex will stream some rock band with all of this band talk lately + with that all the small things mash up video between them.

I know it has been said time and time again, but holy shit DOOM! Played the first couple levels and it was so quickly obvious how great of a game it is. Quite a showcase for the Steam controller, too.

On the Bombcast, Jeff was talking about that art program he checked out with Oculus Touch and how the stuff created might be able to be exported. That reminded me of something that was said about Dreams, the new Media Molecule game for PS4 (hopefully a beta and/or release date is announced at PSX). It was said a while ago that anything you make in Dreams can be exported to different programs such as Unity and be used as assets in other games. The creations can also be printed via 3D printers. Also, it's all but confirmed to have PSVR support. I could see that becoming far more than a game and instead become an artist's tool.

Anjin M

The (new and improved) GBGAF GOTY Top Ten Eleven for 2016 is:

Code:
1. Doom				18 votes
2. Dark Souls III		17 votes
3. Hitman			15 votes
3. Overwatch			15 votes
5. The Witness			12 votes
6. Titanfall 2			10 votes
6. Uncharted 4			10 votes
8. Pokemon Sun			 8 votes
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided	 7 votes
9. Firewatch			 7 votes
9. XCOM 2			 7 votes

Pokemon Moon got up to 2 votes now. Stardew Valley is now in 12th place. There are 51 one vote games.

Lunar FC

Why can't we get a damn Demo Derby filter? You know, the only good premium feature we have rn.

GOTY

1. Pokemon Go
2. Doom
3. No Man's Sky
4. Overwatch
5. Inside
6. Forza Horizon 3
7. Firewatch
8. Pokemon Moon
9. Yo-Kai Watch 2
10. FIFA 17

oti

Banned
hmm... open world that's big but not too big, seeing a huge flying monster overhead and fighting it later, nighttime being very dangerous so you rest and set out at dawn, three chatty companions that just don't shut up...

FFXV is basically Dragon's Dogma

Bruh, this sounds like GOTY to me.

Peru

So... Why is Danny getting free games from publishers?

Isn't his whole thing about being independant and choosing documentarie's subject by how interesting the story would be?

I dunno... It feels weird.

Indie music zines can still get records sent to them. Not really anyone's business but the publisher what gets sent. Still your choice to cover it.

Pokemon Moon got up to 2 votes now. Stardew Valley is now in 12th place. There are 51 one vote games.

Do all games mentioned get one vote? I can probably come up with 10 best games I've played this year but not ordered.

Xater

Code:
1. Doom				18 votes
2. Dark Souls III		17 votes
3. Hitman			15 votes
3. Overwatch			15 votes
5. The Witness			12 votes
6. Titanfall 2			10 votes
6. Uncharted 4			10 votes
8. Pokemon Sun			 8 votes
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided	 7 votes
9. Firewatch			 7 votes
9. XCOM 2			 7 votes

I'll throw another vote in for Doom.

Jintor

that hitman open world discussion was some of the most fun creative spitballing i've heard come out of these guys in months

hamchan

FFXV should win soundtrack of the year since its music is pretty amazing + it has the soundtracks from every other mainline FF in it too.

My GOTY list so far:
Hitman
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Dragon Quest Builders
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Pocket Card Jockey
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
Pokemon Sun
Dragon Quest VII
Zero Time Dilemma
Bravely Second: End Layer

oti