• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
The FFXV lead dude looks like the grown up version of the singer of this awful, awful, awful german teeny band that was popular like 7 years ago.

Time travelling cosplayer.

bill-kaulitz-im-wandel-der-zeit.jpg

Curufinwe

You can tell the Driver: SF people worked on the missions for Driver: SF in Watch Dogs 2. Because it's full of the same really likeable, short bite sized chunks of dialogue. Like it might be the most endearing dialogue in the game such as Marcus discussing Short Circuit with one of his passengers and the hated sequel. The dude in the car says 'we don't discuss the sequel' then when he gets out of the car, Marcus starts quoting the sequel

That was a really good game.

wait why is Alex arguing that you do Air Man first instead of Metal Man first in megaman 2 on twitter

does he know how wrong he is? Metal Man's weapon breaks the game

silentg

Though the Pro chat on the bombcast had some big issues by your accounts, I was still convinced not to even think about buying one.

There is a certain pleasant peace of mind that used to come with console ownership. I'd plug the HDMI cable in, plug it into power, turn it on and go. The PS4 pro sounds like too much of a quagmire for me (and thus the average consumer, probably), and I'd always wonder in the back of my mind if I'd optimized the setup. Every variable that gets added makes things even murkier. Real vs fake 4k, different types of HDMI ports, different quality HDMI cables, I don't even know if there are different levels of HDR, there's no universal standards for the labeling of games that support it (ie the nonsensical mode names in game menus).

Long story short, the details of yesterday's podcast might have been off, but none of these corrections are enough to change the feeling I get when I imagine shelling out for one, trying to set it up, and then never being sure if I fucked it up.

I couldn't agree more.

TraBuch

Banned
What the fuck at the Pringles discussion? How are they not chips? And how is eating one at a time remotely comparable to eating one piece of popcorn at a time? What the fuck kind of world am I living in?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What the fuck at the Pringles discussion? How are they not chips? And how is eating one at a time remotely comparable to eating one piece of popcorn at a time? What the fuck kind of world am I living in?

The one where Dan was the most sensible one.

KingKong

I believe his point is that they're very flavorful and because of the can most of them are intact so you should eat them differently than just a bag of chips

which is 100% correct

silentg

Nah, 3 at a time at least or there's no point...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah all the american accents in this game has been "great".

I fucking burst out laughing when the reporter opened his mouth.

Guys, I'm debating getting FF XV... I've never finished one before, but played a lot of 6,10,12, 13... Should I get this one? I'm asking as someone that's not super into JRPGs... But this looks so pretty.

Guys, I'm debating getting FF XV... I've never finished one before, but played a lot of 6,10,12, 13... Should I get this one? I'm asking as someone that's not super into JRPGs... But this looks so pretty.

I actively dislike JRPG's and I bought the $90 steelbook deluxe edition kind of impulsively because the steelbook is gorgeous and am really enjoying it, the combat was the main reason I didn't like the previous FF games but XV combat is really fun, and it looks great on my PS4 Pro, haven't played a whole lot (about 3 hours or so) but it's exceeded my expectations.

I'm usually down for a bad accent but Dino is painful.

It's not just the accent, the character design just does not match that voice at all. Close your eyes and picture the face with that accent, it's like a portly balding cab driver in his 50s, not this fabulous looking motherfucker

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Racing side missions are always the worst and least played side missions in open world games

so Watch Dogs 2 had like 8 types of them

I actively dislike JRPG's and I bought the $90 steelbook deluxe edition kind of impulsively because the steelbook is gorgeous and am really enjoying it, the combat was the main reason I didn't like the previous FF games but XV combat is really fun, and it looks great on my PS4 Pro, haven't played a whole lot (about 3 hours or so) but it's exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for the input, I bought it... Looking forward to getting started.

Bacon

Maybe the goty skits will be all the dead video series. Like ha remember this one that all you people loved so much. ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom