• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Telling people not to buy one based on Brad's woefully inaccurate summation of how many games look and run better on the Pro qualifies, I think.

So Brad is bias against the PS4 Pro because he says that Infamous doesn't run at 60fps on the Pro?

Per your link:
there's also the option to trade pixels for performance via a secondary mode that runs the game at a slightly unstable 60fps.

Even if you account that sometimes hitting 60fps is "running at 60fps", the most I would think you could accuse GB of being is slightly misinformed. Realistically, it sounds like people are bickering about semantics.

Jeff states fairly frequently that they do not run framerate tests and are not a website to go to for technical details.

popo

Are they in SF for two weeks or just this week? I know they don't have much time, but it's always a bit disappointing we don't get more content with the full crew when they are in town.

They didn't say but I am not sure Vinny's wife would be too chuffed to be left alone with two nippers for longer than a week.

I suspect a week is just long enough to get the podcasts done and then any video skits or roundups are done on their own coasts - along with the long edit job.

As fun as the skits are - I could strand to lose them. Those TV show parodies and the FMV ones were great but it cost them weeks of work, and nearly killed the video guys, for 20 minutes in total of entertainment.

That bit where they sit on the couch and do another quick look of the winning games. I could lose that too. Great games they may be but I have seen plenty of DOOM and Hitman thanks.

robotrock

Banned
They didn't say but I am not sure Vinny's wife would be too chuffed to be left alone with two nippers for longer than a week.

I suspect a week is just long enough to get the podcasts done and then any video skits or roundups are done on their own coasts - along with the long edit job.

As fun as the skits are - I could strand to lose them. Those TV show parodies and the FMV ones were great but it cost them weeks of work, and nearly killed the video guys, for 20 minutes in total of entertainment.

That bit where they sit on the couch and do another quick look of the winning games. I could lose that too. Great games they may be but I have seen plenty of DOOM and Hitman thanks.

They'll be on next week's bombcast as well

jaina

Yes, one vote per game. No ordering necessary.
2016 releases I've experienced and want to reward, as of today:

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
DOOM
Hitman (2016)
The Witness
Ratchet & Clank (2016)
Final Fantasy XV
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Forza Horizon 3
Hover Junkers
Ultimate Chicken Horse

Ok I made a list. They are not in any particular order.

The Witness (haven't finished)
Quantum Break (haven't finished)
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
DOOM (only just started)
Overwatch
The Division
A Chair in a Room
No Man's Sky
Out of Ammo

I can't believe I still haven't played Civ, XCOM 2, Tomb Raider... The games I haven't played are a better list!

StoveOven

Banned
If this is what all the cool kids are doing these days then I guess I'll post a list. These are in order from 1 to 10.

The Witness
Hitman
Uncharted 4
Overwatch
Furi
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Bound
The Banner Saga 2
Forza Horizon 3
Abzu

I have hope that The Last Guardian will eventually be here by the end of the year.

robotrock

Banned
Didn't Street Fighter V install a virus or something on your computer? How can it not be both hottest mess and most disappointing?

Oculus should probably be hottest mess as well though

wow, you are going hard on the fishing for criticism angle today...

I really included it to emphasize my exclusion of Firewatch. If I numbered that list it would be 10.

It's really cool, and I hope it can at least get some recognition for Best Style or Best Music.

It's also a shame that they are recording GOTY this week because Dead Rising 4 seems to be making an impressive run at Most Disappointing.

Wait is that game really coming out this year?

Tubobutts

All
The
Video
Games
Are
The
Bad
Video
Games
NBA 2k17

FStop7

Banned
I wish somebody would personally attack me. Might feel something for once.

You are a nice person and you deserve happiness.

The PS4 Pro's lack of UHD disc support is mind boggling.

"HDR" is a nebulous concept that doesn't (AFAIK) have any actual standardization attached to it so implementations are all over the place. I'm going to scrutinize the hell out of any potential 4K+HDR TV purchase before committing for both ease of HDR implementation and input lag with HDR enabled.

I don't necessarily think Brad is biased for or against any platforms but he loves to triple down on his opinions.

Miami is fucking hot and humid in a way that nowhere else is.

Salarians

Stardew Valley will launch in North America for the PS4 on December 13th, 2016.
663139-tehthumb.png

TraBuch

Banned
2016 games I've beaten or played a significant amount of.

1. Salt and Sanctuary
2. Trails of Cold Steel 2
3. Firewatch
4. Punch Club

Of those four, I only really liked two of them.

I like the entire concept of it, but if the combat system itself would have been manual, it would have been all it needed.

well, that and the constant maintenance arms race. and then the times where you think you've gotten the upper hand on all the maintenance and you get robbed on your way to the pizza shop or something. game is ruthless, but in the least possible rewarding way

TraBuch

Banned
Wow that's worse than me. Do you player older games or just no time to play much of anything?
Pretty much nothing but older games, either stuff I've been meaning to play or just games I like that I replayed. If I made a top ten of the games I've played this year, it'd look something like:

Fight Night Champion
Dragon's Dogma
FTL
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Dragon's Crown
Devil Summoner 2
Catherine
Mass Effect 1
Yakuza 4
Chrono Cross

And the micro management in Punch Club was a gigantic bitch. I was surprised I played as long as I did. Ended up just cheating and using cheat engine after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom