• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You know, if you really wanted this award show (and this medium) to be taken seriously, maybe the man who made a video game about losing his child shouldn't have to follow a fucking ridiculous Schtick advertisement.

You can't be both a tactful celebration of an industry and a dog-and-pony show.

I'm trying my best not to just spam this thread with non-stop snark but yeah, jesus I had forgotten how this stuff could be

You know, if you really wanted this award show (and this medium) to be taken seriously, maybe the man who made a video game about losing his child shouldn't have to follow a fucking ridiculous Schtick advertisement.

You can't be both a tactful celebration of an industry and a dog-and-pony show.

Gotta pay the bills somehow. It's never gonna be perfect.

Catvoca

Banned
...okay I actually have a problem with this, although I guess it was voted on by the public. Still. Boogie took a turn during...events

He was the one person in the group who I think is an asshole so of course he wins

Probably too strong words, I don't actually know him too well other than the GG stuff.

Salarians

QJUEZLI.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What's wrong with Boogie? All I know about him is the guy in that .gif who flips the table.

During the throes of GamerGate he was arguing "they're just misunderstood gamers lashing out from a place of pain, we can't just condemn them" for pages and the more people tried to argue with him about what was clearly a burgeoning hate movement the further he dug in until eventually he got banned and then sort of seemed to throw his lot in with the gators

I don't think he's nessecarily a hateful person himself, but he went to bat for a bad crowd, and they welcomed him

During the throes of GamerGate he was arguing "they're just misunderstood gamers lashing out from a place of pain, we can't just condemn them" for pages and the more people tried to argue with him about what was clearly a burgeoning hate movement the further he dug in until eventually he got banned and then sort of seemed to throw his lot in with the gators

I don't think he's nessecarily a hateful person himself, but he went to bat for a bad crowd, and they welcomed him

Well that's a bummer to hear about... But at least he gave a nice speech tonight.

FluxWaveZ

Ah, I see, thanks. So the usual.

Seems he went further, but I also remember some controversy about the Gamergate stuff around Danny back then. Volatile period of time. Actually seems to not be as much of an outspoken topic, these days.

Catvoca

Banned
I know they gotta get paid or whatever, but when Geoff casually announces the winners of 3 categories in the space of a minute, but then they have 10 minutes of bullshit afterwards, the show is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom