• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they gotta get paid or whatever, but when Geoff casually announces the winners of 3 categories in the space of a minute, but then they have 10 minutes of bullshit afterwards, the show is a joke.

honestly I doubt the video game awards wouldn't exist without the advertisement bullshit

It's not like the oscars where they're bankrolled by studios

it's weird

Salarians

tumblr_ohjeetXlfn1rammdzo1_1280.jpg

oh wow

nolan north is makign this political and throwing SAGAFTRA under the bus

which I agree, more power to the programmers and developers

I feel it should be more like "maybe we should look at how we shouldn't treat developers like shit also."

yeah

He's pretty much saying that the developers/programmers are just as important if not more important than the voice actors

Which I mean, they are because they make the game. But it's also throwing the strikers under the bus in a way, because instead of using his voice to amplify their protests, he uses it to amplify the devs/programmers.

lol fuck Nolan North. He could've said "hey developers ALSO deserve better treatment/pay" but no, he straight up threw his own people under the bus. What a dick.

Devs should unionize, too.

unlike actors or voice actors

programmers/developers are dime a dozen. It's rare that you get someone like Cliffy B or Kojima who can pull alot of weight and have really stood out.

If devs/programmers created a union, they would have to spontaneously establish a union across all companies. that's thousands of people just one day saying 'btw we're in a union now, and we won't work till you meet our terms'.

It would have to be a spontaneous thing. And I just don't think there would be an agency ready to represent thoursands of thousands of programmers straight out of college, in a way where their demands would have to be met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom