• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yummie salt

tumblr_nf3kkuo4m11tq9q5vo1_400.gif

(you can tell 95% of the voters dont give 2 fucks about a lot of the smaller categories and just vote for whatever name the recognize first)

Catvoca

Banned
Did they put out a list of judges this year? Would be curious to see who's on it.

I remember last year's drew some flack for it being 95% white dudes

Megasoum

Banned
I feel like the game kinda runs like crap?

I'm curious to see how the Switch version will look like

Yeah, we don't need a face cam for this.

Don't you get it? Nintendo is always the most hip and cool company doing this new phenomenon called "Let's Play"

Scizzy

unlike actors or voice actors

programmers/developers are dime a dozen. It's rare that you get someone like Cliffy B or Kojima who can pull alot of weight and have really stood out.

If devs/programmers created a union, they would have to spontaneously establish a union across all companies. that's thousands of people just one day saying 'btw we're in a union now, and we won't work till you meet our terms'.

It would have to be a spontaneous thing. And I just don't think there would be an agency ready to represent thoursands of thousands of programmers straight out of college, in a way where their demands would have to be met.

This is really not how organizing works.

This is really not how organizing works.

If programmers formed a union

Who would hire them, exactly? Game companies can literally just hire and fly in people from different parts of the country who WOULD want to work on video games without a union. Being in a union doesn't guarantee they'll have a job, not when game companies close down frequently enough already.

Megasoum

Banned
So was I the only one who thought that Uncharted 4 really wasn't that amazing?

I mean...On the technical level it is a masterpiece, it looks incredible but other than that... The game got SUPER repetitive quick and the story was whatever.

I was so ready for the game to be over 3/4 in.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man they really wanted to emphasize that this is the final part of drake's story didn't they.

"Stop making us make these fucking games sony"

Catvoca

Banned

I mean...On the technical level it is a masterpiece, it looks incredible but other than that... The game got SUPER repetitive quick and the story was whatever.

A lot of people on GAF felt that way, there's been a bit of a backlash. I really liked it though.

I really liked the pirate stuff. Always one of my favorite time periods. I also felt like the husband/wife dynamic was very enjoyable and felt very real. Wish they didn't wait till the end of the game to bring her on bored and help with puzzles and stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
A lot of people on GAF felt that way, there's been a bit of a backlash. I really liked it though.

I mean.. I don't regret having played through it but it's one of those games that I really wish I would have bought on disc instead of digital cause I would have traded-in the day I finished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom