• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Really? That's like the best one! The weird meta videogame company shit > Desmond
that stuff was fun in a dumb way but the protagonist, the setting, and all the boating did nothing for me

but I also didn't hate AC3 so maybe ignore my opinions on this series

I'd rather them drop all the musical acts (or trim it down to one or two)* so they can actually have all the awards presented properly on stage. This is an awards show after all. I understood when they had all the musical acts and celebrities when Spike had The VGA/VGX's because it had to be mainstream. The past few Game Awards haven't felt all that much different from those (there just are less non-gaming centric celebs as there used to be).

*And any music that is used, in my mind, should be related to a game that is nominated (i.e. the Doom music performance)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mass Effect, loot game with shitty shooter controls and wooden acting. I guess if you're a SciFi nerd it's exciting.

Catvoca

Banned
I want to love this game but that did nothing for me really. Bad facial animation, janky looking combat, mediocre dialogue. Ugh, I want this game to be good so bad.

Wow that mass effect combat looks worse than the last two

I just wanted more ME3 combat :( that side dash looks kinda cool I guess.

TraBuch

Banned
You know what I really like in games? Battle arenas where you can fight through various ranks and win loot and money and other shit. I think every game should have one.

FluxWaveZ

Literally nothing that has been shown of Mass Effect: Andromeda has inspired any confidence in me that it will be a good/remarkable game. It's all been very boring and by the books. Nothing stands out. Not the characters that have been shown. The story setup is somewhat interesting, but nothing that's been shown of that has made it seem like it'll pan out. The inevitable and hinted at "dark ancient evil" seems like well-worn territory. Gameplay looked serviceable and even pretty fun with new biotic abilities, but I'm not really playing ME just for the gameplay.

Series has gone off a cliff with Mass Effect 3. I am so disappointed.

Mass Effect as a franchise went off a cliff with 2, when it sacrificed everything the series was trying to be at the altar of A for Awesome. Atmosphere, worldbuilding, story... gone, in favour of spectacular action setpieces.

Don't get me wrong: ME2 is a good, fun game; but as a Mass Effect game it's awful.
that bright future where everybody is killing each other nonstop and all anybody knows is conflict

It is well known that in the grim darkness of the future, there is only war.

Chuck

Still without luck
I can't wait until the bombcast where Brad brings up the game awards, having not watch it or read anything about it, and defends it.

So I'm glad I built furniture instead of this awards, correct?

Literally nothing that has been shown of Mass Effect: Andromeda has inspired any confidence in me that it will be a good/remarkable game. It's all been very boring and by the books. Nothing stands out. Not the characters that have been shown. The story setup is somewhat interesting, but nothing that's been shown of that has made it seem like it'll pan out. The inevitable and hinted at "dark ancient evil" seems like well-worn territory. Gameplay looked serviceable and even pretty fun with new biotic abilities, but I'm not really playing ME just for the gameplay.

Series has gone off a cliff with Mass Effect 3. I am so disappointed.

FF XV gave people hope that a big JRPG series could rebound from self-inflicted doldrums. That hope died tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom