• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

So was I the only one who thought that Uncharted 4 really wasn't that amazing?

I mean...On the technical level it is a masterpiece, it looks incredible but other than that... The game got SUPER repetitive quick and the story was whatever.

I was so ready for the game to be over 3/4 in.
I didn't think it was amazing but I really enjoyed just about every minute of it, aside from a couple sequences that could have been shorter. Story could have been better in some regards (Nadine, utter lack of Chloe and Cutter) but I thought it was a good end to the franchise.

Scizzy

If programmers formed a union

Who would hire them, exactly? Game companies can literally just hire and fly in people from different parts of the country who WOULD want to work on video games without a union. Being in a union doesn't guarantee they'll have a job, not when game companies close down frequently enough already.

There are other forms of unions than industry-wide. Programmers at, say, EA are perfectly able to unionize under the protection of the law. They won't, but workers in plenty of industries that face similar exploitation do it.

I like how they say "PlayStation store online is always open" and I've heard other companies say stuff along the lines of "our online store is open 24/7" has any online store ever had hours of operation, and not always been online?

I mean...On the technical level it is a masterpiece, it looks incredible but other than that... The game got SUPER repetitive quick and the story was whatever.

I'm lukewarm on it but thought it's a really good one of those. I just lost my taste for cover shooters.

UC4 wasn't the deepest, most fulfilling experience by any means, but no other franchise does swashbuckling, matinee-picture thrills a fraction as well as that one does.

Technically impressive doesn't quite cover it, either; I couldn't believe what I was seeing in some of those locations and setpieces.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

By far the least re-playable Uncharted. It could have used 3-4 more big set pieces. There's way too much down time for an action game.

Catvoca

Banned
Gameplay for Mass Effect...

Speaking of which... MEA is the game I am the most skeptical about... I really hope it's great but after Dragon Age: Inquisition I don't have a ton of hope

I get that but I'm thinking worst case scenario is DA:Inquisition but with ME3's combat and that sounds alright to me. Obviously hope it's better than that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom