• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was I the only one who thought that Uncharted 4 really wasn't that amazing?

I mean...On the technical level it is a masterpiece, it looks incredible but other than that... The game got SUPER repetitive quick and the story was whatever.

I was so ready for the game to be over 3/4 in.

Probably gonna get flamed for this but I think Uncharted is one of the most overrated series of all time. Looks great and is definitely a technical accomplishment but man, feel like I have played 100 games like it... just feels stale/boring when playing it, idk how else to describe it :\. That being said I have only played 1 and 2 (years after they came out). I probably will play 4 someday, but not really high on my priority list.

Salarians

tumblr_ohi5mz4Z3W1tpvtc4o1_1280.jpg

Hype:
Death Stranding

Not hype:
Everything else

Seriously, opening with a show ender like Death Stranding was a huge mistake. That just blew the fuck out of everything else that night.

FFXV's story had a lot of interesting ideas that were just executed on pretty badly.

Enjoyed playing it though.

I'm like 9 hours in (been doing quite a bit of side quests) and the story is whatever. But I really like the characters and the world so far. Even if the story doesn't really do anything for me, if the characterization and the world around the characters is good throughout, then I'll be glad I got this game.

Strax

Wait, Danny actually went to the awards? That means they didn't tell him whether he would win or not? Because I wouldn't bother going if I knew I wasn't going to win.

He said he'd go just to give his contact info to developers for future eps of No Clip.

LiK

Can't believe it's already GOTY month. I'm so behind on some big games. Gonna need handy time stamps for the upcoming GOTY podcasts.

Sakwoff

It's obvious why they don't do it (and absolutely rightfully so) but...

Man I kinda would have loved a "GB talks over the Game Awards" thing. Jeff's take on that shit show live would have been amazing.

derFeef

It's obvious why they don't do it (and absolutely rightfully so) but...

Man I kinda would have loved a "GB talks over the Game Awards" thing. Jeff's take on that shit show live would have been amazing.

He really would not have shit on it, though. That's not something he would do.

oti

Banned
I should probably finish DOOM at some point

I feel like I kinda have to play DOOM this year just to at least follow their GOTY arguments. Wasn't too hot on the demo tbh but seeing how much people like it there must be more to it surely.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
During the throes of GamerGate he was arguing "they're just misunderstood gamers lashing out from a place of pain, we can't just condemn them" for pages and the more people tried to argue with him about what was clearly a burgeoning hate movement the further he dug in until eventually he got banned and then sort of seemed to throw his lot in with the gators

I don't think he's nessecarily a hateful person himself, but he went to bat for a bad crowd, and they welcomed him
Didn't he ask for a ban? I think he took it very personal how harsh he was being criticized on here or something. I don't watch the guy, but Danny seems to be happy he won, so yeah.

Meneses

Brad should do a Breaking Brad where the objective is to actually do anything.

i'm just kidding, love you rudds.

strafer

brads extra life stream is not happening, he lied to us about it. nothing new here.

i just hope we get some cool goty videos

Meneses

I know (or I think / hope) the Brad thing is mostly playful ribbing, but I don't think he actually said he was gonna do it, it was more like "I'll try to see if I can do something" (I don't really remember). Sometimes stuff happens that prevents plans from taking form.

It would be great, though, if their GotY thing this year had a running theme of Brad just lazying around in the background during everything, or a "fake" Extra Life stream where it's just Brad sleeping - kinda like the "Brad's bad at games" thing from a few years ago.

oti

Banned
I never expected the Brad stream to happen anyway.

The GOTY skits themselves I don't really care about tbh. The Jeff horder thing was amazing, the rest is usually meh.

GOTY deliberations is where it's at.

In a weird way I can sense my interest in the normal podcast fading though. I used to listen to the newest episode all the time throughout the week and every time I went for sleep. This stopped all of a sudden for some reason. I'd rather have some video on my laptop playing for background noise while playing video games instead.

#justmillennialthings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom