• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

We all know that a game can't be GotY if neither Jeff nor Brad don't care about it. That's unprecedented.
If 2016 has thought me anything, it's that elections never lead to unprecedented things.

Jeff just needs to play some Competitive to throw Overwatch to the bottom of the list.

kai3345

Banned
3 of them are playing Watch Dogs 2 and I could see it placing over Uncharted 4.
I could somehow see Mafia 3 on that list even though I don't think it deserves it.

Are Brad and Jeff 'all?' Because Dan, Alex, Jason, and Vinny all still play it fairly regularly

Pretty sure I remember Dan saying he fell off of it, no?

oti

Banned
This pretty much should be Jeff vs. Brad with the rest just spectating.

All depends on El Jefe and if he wants to push for a surprise Titanfall win. If not, DOOM will win unchallenged.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty sure I remember Dan saying he fell off of it, no?

Even if he did, that's way longer than any of them spend with any game with any regularity. Vinny talked about it a few times on Vinnyvania and t hen how much his family dug it which it seems REAL rare for Vinny to play something after it's been out for a while.

kai3345

Banned
Even if he did, that's way longer than any of them spend with any game with any regularity. Vinny talked about it a few times on Vinnyvania and t hen how much his family dug it which it seems REAL rare for Vinny to play something after it's been out for a while.

I just think that Doom or especially Hitman will be the bigger contenders for GOTY. I'm betting Overwatch will fall to 3rd or 4th

def sim

Is there a stream currently going on that I'm not aware of? Vinny, Brad, Dan, and Jeff are on wave 50 of Gears right now.

Salarians

I'm not that confident honestly. >_>

But I still think it'll win!
Alex will bring it up, Vinny will mention Reinhardt, Dan will mention his fiance, Jeff will say it was good but it didn't hold him, then it'll be dropped in favor of Titanfront Infinite or Lim2o or whatever

Man, I forgot Kerbal Space Program was #4 last year.

I sincerely hope they return to Project B.E.A.S.T., especially with Dan. Man, that could be pure gold! They could even come up with a jokey reason why Dan is replacing Austin as the third Kerbalnaut.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People can talk about their Saints Row 3ds and Batmans and whatever but Invisible Inc over Cities Skylines last year is the biggest crime.

Thanks Austin.

Strimei

I'm watching the Mario Maker 3DS quick look and the music and such being slightly different is bothering me more than I would have expected.

Also it boggles me how Nintendo half-assed this thing.

As a gameplay-first kind of guy, I thought it was one of the best third person shooters of the generation. Not as good as Vanquish, but rar better than overrated garbage like Gears of War with its shockingly stupid buddy AI and unspeakably bad checkpointing.

I ran this through the Curufinwe Sony filter:

"UC2 is pretty good, so is Gears of War"

Yeah you're right

popo

Did you know there are nine ass creed tie in novels, they have gone way beyond the novilizations they started as.

The new book set in the universe of Assassin's Creed. Reliving the memories of his ancestor who fought beside Joan of Arc, high-ranking Templar Simon Hathaway slowly uncovers secrets of the past that could dangerously impact his present . . . and that of the entire Templar order.

Catvoca

Banned
It's a shame about Mario Maker 3DS, especially considering how awful and unremarkable the WiiU version already is.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok, I've thought about it and here are the likely picks for each staffer for their personal number 1 and 2 goty

Jeff, Titanfall, Doom
Brad, Doom, Hitman
Dan, Overwatch, Stardew Valley
Vinny, Overwatch, ?
Alex, Overwatch, ?
Jason, Overwatch, ?
Drew, ?, ?

How can Overwatch not win?

Strax

Brad and Vinny (and partly Jason) destroying Mario Maker in GOTY last year is so great.
How it won is still so strange.

KingKong

Ok, I've thought about it and here are the likely picks for each staffer for their personal number 1 and 2 goty

Jeff, Titanfall, Doom
Brad, Doom, Hitman
Dan, Overwatch, Stardew Valley
Vinny, Overwatch, ?
Alex, Overwatch, ?
Jason, Overwatch, ?
Drew, ?, ?

How can Overwatch not win?

because about 30% of all giant bomb content since Hitman episode 1 came out has been Hitman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom