• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play more Enter the Gungeon. I really enjoyed the hour or so that I played of it.

I advise you not to read up anything about it. It's a game that never stops giving as long as you give your time to it. I kept discovering new shit for a month and even after beating all the levels + secret ones, I still haven't found all the items & weapons in the game.

Jintor

man i'm really disappointed with furi so far. it's so close to what I want but there's these tiny design decisions everywhere that throw me off my game and make me just frustrated with it instead of thinking 'man i just gotta get gud'

Catvoca

Banned
man i'm really disappointed with furi so far. it's so close to what I want but there's these tiny design decisions everywhere that throw me off my game and make me just frustrated with it instead of thinking 'man i just gotta get gud'
That's definitely how I felt about it as well. It's worth sticking with though, I think the way the game wraps up is really cool.

jgminto

What are the issues you're having with it?

Strax

To Brighton from Kuwait sonds like Sacha Baron Cohen film.

I don't think Jeff realized that staircase was there until it was way too late. Vinny going nuts with the crowbar hahaha, was literally screaming VINNY NO

Well so much for that, that was pretty entertaining though haha

Jeff said he looked at the staircase and no one was there. To be fair I didn't see anyone but the indicator clearly was on alert so somebody must've been there.

Meguro

Banned
This Hitman segment is so great but also SO FRUSTRATING
How can Dan and Brad still be soooo in the dark about how the game works.

Wensih

Just finished FireWatch, I really enjoyed it. The dialogue was phenomenal. I don't understand the complaint about an abrupt ending. I thought it was going to cut to black abruptly, but that never happened.

jaina

Back in KW, I had 2Mbps down and 600KB up. Here though? 50Mbps down, 12Mbps up which is fucking insane to me. Usually for me downloading 5GB+ of game updates takes hours but now? it's in minutes. Still won't stop buying physical though.
You'll have to live with the proper street date now, though :)

Jintor

What are the issues you're having with it?

third boss's bullet hell elements are frustrating cos it feels like i'm just locked out of being able to do anything until I endure these long, irritating shoot the thing sections. Like, it doesn't feel like I'm really doing anything or getting anything done, just waiting out a stage.

also the thing needs a lock-on so I don't just end up swinging and hitting the air since it doesn't feel to me like I can cancel-dodge or cancel into block or anything which is pretty irritating

it may just have been that asshole of a boss since I was more interested in the diving suit boss after that.

Rainmaker

Banned
Brad was alright the last time he played on stream iirc. I don't really care either way. It's for my entertainment. I loved all of UPF this week.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Oh man, the omost recent elusive target is BS.
I had her killed while still on the old school master's roof. The guards spotted me around the corner and shot me on sight. No warning, nothing.
It was super dumb. Not good dumb either.

oti

Banned
What if they come into the studio to talk over PSX for an hour and then play Mario Party and then film a couple Demo Derbys and Game Tapes?

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F12%2F23%2Fchristmasmiracle1.gif

Zaph

Seeing Vinny in the studio makes me so happy.

East needs more energy.
West needs less Dan.

I'm with ya.

West with less Dan is Jeff talking to himself while playing old games and Brad occasionally going "mhmm".

I mean, I'm 100% on-board with that, but careful what you wish for.

jgminto

third boss's bullet hell elements are frustrating cos it feels like i'm just locked out of being able to do anything until I endure these long, irritating shoot the thing sections. Like, it doesn't feel like I'm really doing anything or getting anything done, just waiting out a stage.

also the thing needs a lock-on so I don't just end up swinging and hitting the air since it doesn't feel to me like I can cancel-dodge or cancel into block or anything which is pretty irritating

it may just have been that asshole of a boss since I was more interested in the diving suit boss after that.
There are some techniques that might help that the game doesn't really explain, the ones I remember are that you can reflect many projectiles and you can also charge your dashes which extends the range and helps a bunch for crossing through larger AoE attacks that would clip you on a short dash.

oti

Banned
West with less Dan is Jeff talking to himself while playing old games and Brad occasionally going "mhmm".

I mean, I'm 100% on-board with that, but careful what you wish for.

Oh yes, we will all miss Dan's deep and thoughtful input in discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom