• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndi101

I really kept thinking that Last of us was spoiled for me but after watching the Part II trailer I guess not...

unless they are doing hallucinations for Ellie

Salarians

Jeff_gerstmann_vgcw.png

Jintor

Mastering the dodge is key. Almost all of my frustration from this game stems from the dodge. You have to learn to dodge early, because it activates upon release instead of on press. Once I started dodging all ranged attacks about a half second earlier compared to when I would dodge in other character action games, it was almost comical how little I got hit.

On the other hand, you're already near the end, so I'm not sure how much water this advice holds at this point.

oh fuck is that what's happening? I'm so used to platinum/bayo dodges which activate the second you hit the button. I was wondering why I felt like I would start dodging and still get hit

xuchu

oh fuck is that what's happening? I'm so used to platinum/bayo dodges which activate the second you hit the button. I was wondering why I felt like I would start dodging and still get hit

The reason this happens is because you can charge the dodge to cover more distance. If you stick with the game, you'll eventually find that samurai boss is the easiest in the game. Don't know if the game is for you though seeing how much frustration it's causing you.

Jintor

it seems like a weird game to have charge mechanics in, especially for dodging, though it's nice that the hitboxes of projectiles is pretty tight.

So far the bosses I've enjoyed the most have been melee pattern focused, so the fishboss and the knight were super great. But old man bullet hell and the last stage of the sniper were really pissing me off hardcore.

Meguro

Banned
Furi was incredibly frustrating for me as well.
I finished it but I wouldn't say I really liked most of the bosses.
The final boss especially is just....bad. bad bad bad

Jintor

I don't want to give the impression I hate it or anything, really it's super fucking dope and it's almost exactly what I want. But the thing is that 'almost'.

Oh well, that just means I gotta go create what I want to play one day. lmao.

Most of us know of Windjammers because of Giant Bomb.

I just finished the stream and it was pretty surreal when that happened. I knew the moment what it was when Gio name dropped Dave Lang and his nightmare. It was like crazy inside baseball and I bet many in the crowd was confused. Really looking forward to it.

kiguel182

I played a bit of the Titanfall trial and while it is fun it isn't fun enough to drop the multiplayer games I currently own.

I also found the maps more titan friendly than pilot friendly and since I like pilots more than titans it's an issue for sure.

If Battlefield hadn't been released this close I might have bought it but I see no reason to pick it up. I already have two online shooters to play and I'm happy with them.

Edit: also, this might seem dumb, but I didn't find the movement that much better than Blops3 that I can't just play that.

Is it me or is that FFXV Quick Look just bad? It makes it look like the whole game takes place in a dark dungeon. They should have just showed the absolute beginning of the game and more environments.

Peru

I like how Dan's reaction to Steep at E3 was that it feels like complete trash and Jeff is like "pretty good".

Reception seems more positive than early impressions all around though. This could actually be that chill game where I cruise down the mountain listening to some tunes I've wanted. But not at 60 dollars. I can wait.

Zaph

I like how Dan's reaction to Steep at E3 was that it feels like complete trash and Jeff is like "pretty good".

Reception seems more positive than early impressions all around though. This could actually be that chill game where I cruise down the mountain listening to some tunes I've wanted. But not at 60 dollars. I can wait.

Yup, it looks fine, as in $20 fine.

Is it me or is that FFXV Quick Look just bad? It makes it look like the whole game takes place in a dark dungeon. They should have just showed the absolute beginning of the game and more environments.

That quick look made me hesitant on the game... But you're right, going through a dark cave for most of the quick look didn't show what that game has been for me so far (15 hours in) Glad I took peoples advice here to try it out even though that quick look wasn't very flattering for the game.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Congratulations on your lottery win.

No lottery win. The wife and I have spent 3 years putting $3,100/month toward our student loans and cars. We're debt-free this month so we're celebrating by spoiling ourselves with VR.

I'm also a huge hypocrite because I promised myself I would not buy a Rift because of Palmer Luckey's shithead behavior.

Tubobutts

No lottery win. The wife and I have spent 3 years putting $3,100/month toward our student loans and cars. We're debt-free this month so we're celebrating by spoiling ourselves with VR.

I'm also a huge hypocrite because I promised myself I would not buy a Rift because of Palmer Luckey's shithead behavior.
Congratulations on the meme magic then.

FStop7

Banned
Someone in the Death Stranding thread theorized that the game takes place in some kind of afterlife where soldiers from all of history's wars are forced to fight each other for eternity.

Furi was incredibly frustrating for me as well.
I finished it but I wouldn't say I really liked most of the bosses.
The final boss especially is just....bad. bad bad bad

I get why some people didn't like the final boss, but I'm glad I got so much into bullet hell shooters early in the year because I ended up loving all of it. Experiencing harder patterns in other games actually made pretty much everything in Furi feel very tolerable for me.

Aerocrane

The best thing yesterday has been seeing the accounts of these Windjammers communities going nuts on Twitter. Apparently the French community is involved somehow!?

Like pretty much every rerelease of a retro game on modern consoles, DotEmu are the company working on the port. DotEmu are French, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had the French Windjammers community involved in playtesting and such.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Someone in the Death Stranding thread theorized that the game takes place in some kind of afterlife where soldiers from all of history's wars are forced to fight each other for eternity.

I'm gonna say Death Stranding is only a dream in the mind of a dying child. Cause I too can make stuff up.

BearPawB

Banned
Yeah... I don't feel great about it. :|

I'm watching the GB launch streams again to see which games I want to buy. I only have the Oculus at home--the Vive comes tomorrow. Lucky's Tale is the best one I have played so far.

"Wife and I turned our financial lives around! We are good with our money!"

"we bought two different VR headsets"

I'm so confused.
Why not just the Vive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom