• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meguro

Banned
I just finished the main story in FFXV.
That last third sure was something.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have more fish to catch and monsters to bet on.

UPF was fantastic for the first time in ages.

Anyone who still denies Vinny is the heart of GB is deluded. It's Jeff's site but it's always best when Vinny is about and might as well die the day he leaves.

Vinny 2020.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Anyone who still denies Vinny is the heart of GB is deluded. It's Jeff's site but it's always best when Vinny is about and might as well die the day he leaves.

Vinny 2020.

but Vinny puts out tons of boring content when Jeff's not there

Jeff 2020

kai3345

Banned

Vinny 2020.

It's when Vinny and Jeff are in the same room is where the gold happens

It's why the P4 ER is still to this day the best piece of giant bomb dot com content

Seeing Jeff reacting to the Windjammers announcement is the pinnacle that all of the "Talking Over" bits have led to, and we will never get the payoff. It's worse than any derailed wrestling story ever.

You can take Jeff away from the carny, but you cannot take the carny away from Jeff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garou is out on PS4 now

Science when? I mean, I already know the equations which means it will be at the very top but I want to see their research.

Tubobutts

Garou is out on PS4 now

Science when? I mean, I already know the equations which means it will be at the very top but I want to see their research.
According to my science it took them about a year to do six episodes which is about 1 every two months. As the last episode was July 25 2016, we can safely assume the next episode will be somewhere around the end of September 2016.

According to my science it took them about a year to do six episodes which is about 1 every two months. As the last episode was July 25 2016, we can safely assume the next episode will be somewhere around the end of September 2016.

Jesus

Yeah, they really need to do something about their """schedule"""

kiguel182

I take back everything bad I said about Titanfall 2, this game is incredibly fun.

Shame it launched when it did or else I would have bought it. Maybe next year in some sale.

I just finished the main story in FFXV.
That last third sure was something.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have more fish to catch and monsters to bet on.

I gave up after 15 hours. I just wasn't having any fun. The battle system is just so messy; I rarely feel that I have any agency in the combat.

And there's so many quality of life issues, along with the empty unnecessary open world, and poorly told "story", that I had no problem dropping it, especially with the Last Guardian coming out.

I guess I would say that I'm not exactly disappointed in it though, considering that I had no expectations coming in, as well as no investment in the Versus 13 drama. But I don't think I'll ever finish it.

hwy_61

Banned
I take back everything bad I said about Titanfall 2, this game is incredibly fun.

Shame it launched when it did or else I would have bought it. Maybe next year in some sale.

I got it at a Redbox and I have to agree. It is a lot of fun. Way more fun than BF1, imo.

I might pick it up on that B2G1 Best Buy is running.

I gave up after 15 hours. I just wasn't having any fun. The battle system is just so messy; I rarely feel that I have any agency in the combat.

And there's so many quality of life issues, along with the empty unnecessary open world, and poorly told "story", that I had no problem dropping it, especially with the Last Guardian coming out.

I guess I would say that I'm not exactly disappointed in it though, considering that I had no expectations coming in, as well as no investment in the Versus 13 drama. But I don't think I'll ever finish it.

Pretty much my thoughts to a tee, about 10 hours in. That game feels like a big nothing. Barely-there story (maybe it makes more sense if you watch Kingsglaive but no thx), flashy but uninteresting combat, boring fetch quests, awful voice acting, empty world... it's not the worst way to kill time but it feels like the videogame equivalent of waiting for the bus.

I'm still loving DOOM. I use the super shotgun 90% of the time, even though it's probably not the most efficient in many situations. Just unlocked the two-shot-per-reload thing and it's ridiculous, I love it.

probably to weakest part so far is some of the platforming sections. Too many spots where enemies spawn in when you land on a small platform, it's not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom