• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

doesn't matter because doom is walking away with best soundtrack without even blinking.

someone will make an argument for thumper and will be roundly ignored. the end.

Jeff already mentioned that he doesn't like Thumper's music so that will happen unless Alex goes all in on it.

Ohnonono

if there's one genre that lends itself well to hearing 10 second clips on an iphone speaker, it's post-rock

I can already see Jeff's reaction so a single synth note for 2 mins straight while someone tries to explain how good its gonna get in a second. I love the NMS soundtrack though.

Reading a wiki is just as bad as listening to music on their phone speakers outta context for a game to determine if the OST is any good. It's all very dumb and just a quick way to fill up the picks.

undertale was robbed

doesn't matter because doom is walking away with best soundtrack without even blinking.

someone will make an argument for thumper and will be roundly ignored. the end.

Thumper isn't that great of a music track actually. I mean it's good but listening to it on its own isn't great.

Pokemon Sun and Moon should have an actual running at best music.

Rez shouldn't qualify for Best Must, just as any remaster isn't eligible regardless of how much they added.

Is there new music in Rez Infinite? That could qualify for Best Song I would say.

Megasoum

Banned
Well I'm starting a month long medical leave today and FFXV just finished downloading, Witcher 3 is already installed and I'm 3/4 done through WatchDogs 2.... All right, let's do this!

Ohnonono

undertale was robbed

Thumper isn't that great of a music track actually. I mean it's good but listening to it on its own isn't great.

Pokemon Sun and Moon should have an actual running at best music.

I feel like Pokemon Sun and Moon are super great in a ton of ways and music is just one of them. I think mainline Pokemon games will always be out of these conversations because of how slow the changes are. Sun and Moon is the first time I would say all of the improvements have added up to a WAY better game.

I also really enjoyed Yo-Kai Watch 2 and think some of them would really have enjoyed it but I also don't expect it to come up unless Dan's fiancee was to show up, lol

Jeff did good by standing his ground on Fallout 4. When a game is broken to this degree (on top of being disappointing in some of its design), it has to be called out, and it has to count against it. That it's a Bethesda game doesn't exempt it from criticism. Like Jeff said, we have to hold games to a higher standard.

Hindl

I feel like Pokemon Sun and Moon are super great in a ton of ways and music is just one of them. I think mainline Pokemon games will always be out of these conversations because of how slow the changes are. Sun and Moon is the first time I would say all of the improvements have added up to a WAY better game.

I also really enjoyed Yo-Kai Watch 2 and think some of them would really have enjoyed it but I also don't expect it to come up unless Dan's fiancee was to show up, lol

Agreed. Sun and Moon feels like a pretty sizable jump between the shakeup for badges, all the QoL improvements, and the whole region just being better than Kalos. I liked X/Y fine, but there feels like some actual challenge in Sun/Moon

Johndoey

Banned
I disagree. I think
it was a great way to have the story go. You are constantly saving Chloe in the story and over time it is causing more and more damage, and it all culminates in Max having to come to terms with her best friend dying, that she can't keep manipulating time to avoid that outcome. It didn't feel like a "basic and generic friendship story" to me. I thought it was well done.
It's incredibly obvious that was where the story was heading. It's generic as fuck.

oti

Banned
I should really watch the LiS playthrough.

Do we have a list of MGS V Scanlon must watch episodes. I don't care about the filler.

LiK

I should really watch the LiS playthrough.

Do we have a list of MGS V Scanlon must watch episodes. I don't care about the filler.

basically any parts with cutscenes. other than that, you can leave it in the background and use it as a podcast. they talk about a lot of random shit during it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
all i see when i look at that last guardian kid is those shitty tumblr photoshops of disney characters with a bunch of tattoos

Johndoey

Banned
Uhm yeah, the story ended at where the episodes led to . Does it need a crazy twist or what's your point?
It would've been interesting if the wrap was actually something interesting instead of as stated the most obvious generic shit it the world. I'm not going to praising the story for committing to it's dull conclusion.

LiK

Did Brad get the Platinum for DOOM? I think he said he was aiming for it. I think he'll be taking that to the top and I don't think there's gonna be a lot of resistance. Jeff also loves it.

How long does it take to beat Doom? I'd like to play it before the end of the year.

probably in the 7-8 hour range unless you're a wizard or just hopeless at it

e: er, HLTB says 12 hours. I've played through it twice and it didn't seem that long. but maybe that's a good sign

Jeff did good by standing his ground on Fallout 4. When a game is broken to this degree (on top of being disappointing in some of its design), it has to be called out, and it has to count against it. That it's a Bethesda game doesn't exempt it from criticism. Like Jeff said, we have to hold games to a higher standard.

I agree to a degree, but Brad's point, which I agree more strongly with, is that Bethesda's games allow for the most emergence and randomness for a game in the AAA space. His claim was that it may be impossible for you to bug fix a game made with the foundations of Fallout 3/4, simply because there are too many underlying systems running at once.

Johndoey

Banned
I don't think Jeff was arguing the games have be perfect, but that some reasonable base level of performance should be expected. Brad and Austin then basically just went naaaaaah, and made the same blanket excuses Bethesda always gets afforded.

I played on Normal.

I'd have the Platinum (my only one) if it wasn't for the Ultra Nightmare achievement. Never made it past the first fight.

daveo42

Banned
How long does it take to beat Doom? I'd like to play it before the end of the year.

I think it took me something like 12-14 hours, but I messed around in each area after clearing it looking for secrets or reloading them to complete challenges. I feel like the best way to play it was playing maybe 1-2 levels a day only because they are all quite large and varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom