• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds crazy, but I need someone to explain it to me in video form. I have only played like 100 hours, so basically barely left the tutorial.

Johndoey

Banned
Hey Shadowrun Hong Kong is really great, a relatively short isometric rpg with some great character writing. Shadowrun Dragonfall is similarly fantastic and has one of the best character back-stories I've seen in a game.

Y'all should buy them if you haven't already.

Tubobutts

Hey Shadowrun Hong Kong is really great, a relatively short isometric rpg with some great character writing. Shadowrun Dragonfall is similarly fantastic and has one of the best character back-stories I've seen in a game.

I misread that as Shadowrun DragonBall and was awaiting the GbEast quick look.

Dineren

Banned
I once again have duplicate Humble Bundle monthly games to give away. If anyone wants Dragon's Dogma (key apparently won't work in the following countries, RU, KG, MD, JP, UZ, AM, GE, TM, TJ, BR, KZ, AZ, UA, BY) or Hacknet let me know and I'll PM you the Humble Bundle gift link.

Both are great games. If you're a fan of games like Uplink, Hacknet is a must play.

I once again have duplicate Humble Bundle monthly games to give away. If anyone wants Dragon's Dogma (key apparently won't work in the following countries, RU, KG, MD, JP, UZ, AM, GE, TM, TJ, BR, KZ, AZ, UA, BY) or Hacknet let me know and I'll PM you the Humble Bundle gift link.

Both are great games. If you're a fan of games like Uplink, Hacknet is a must play.

I'll take DD if you think it could run on a two year old laptop. If not, someone else can have it.

ArjanN

I don't consider watching a game being played as experiencing it. I accept that other people feel different on that.

Pretty sure Dan has at least played until Sapienza for himself. He mentioned doing the therapist opportunity on Sapienza a couple of quick looks ago.

Not that it matters much, most of the stuff they discuss for GOTY has only been played by a couple of the guys anyway, although it's true that the more people have played something the better it's chances.

But let's be real, Doom isn't going to beat Hitman for their GOTY. Hell, I'm pretty sure Jeff would push Titanfall 2 over Doom. Honestly, I think the only thing that could top it is Overwatch based on almost everyone playing and liking it, and they've actually sort of kept up with it over the year as well.

Pretty sure Dan has at least played until Sapienza for himself. He mentioned doing the therapist opportunity on Sapienza a couple of quick looks ago.

Not that it matters much, most of the stuff they discuss for GOTY has only been played by a couple of the guys anyway, although it's true that the more people have played something the better it's chances.

But let's be real, Doom isn't going to beat Hitman for their GOTY. Hell, I'm pretty sure Jeff would push Titanfall 2 over Doom. Honestly, I think the only thing that could top it is Overwatch based on almost everyone playing and liking it, and they've actually sort of kept up with it over the year as well.

Yeah I mean Mario Maker won last year and I don't think anyone on East coast gave a shit about it or played it much at all.

And remember a lot of them sacrifice top picks to get rogue picks in the 5-10 spot. I could see Dan sacrificing to get Stardew on the list for example.

How much RAM does it have and what GPU? The min specs aren't that demanding, but if it just has integrated graphics and doesn't have at least 4GB of RAM it might have trouble.

I have 8 GB of RAM.

Edit: If someone else wants it, they can have it. Checking the required CPU, I'm not sure my CPU is good enough.

In the next Bombcast, imagine how great it would be if they actually went "DotA 2 had a major update," and actually followed with, "ok, moving on."

Oh, it is nice to dream.

justjim89

I somehow have gotten way back into The Elder Scrolls Online. It's actually pretty fun now that you can go anywhere and the game scales to your level. It feels more like an Elder Scrolls game, but less buggy and with better combat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember when I knew Doom would be good. Before launch they did one of those Bethesda streams and they pulled up a map
UoOqXdd.jpg
and oh baby was it ever a Doom map

Maiorum

I somehow have gotten way back into The Elder Scrolls Online. It's actually pretty fun now that you can go anywhere and the game scales to your level. It feels more like an Elder Scrolls game, but less buggy and with better combat.

Does the combat feel more like Skyrim or like an MMO?

patapuf

These are great 25h RPG's. Just long enough to not overstay it's welcome.

Yeah. I'm getting if for Christmas, but got a head start when they did that free weekend a couple weeks ago. I felt like I was playing an Elder Scrolls game. Didn't do any online stuff. Mainly was focused on single player stuff. I created a male Nord and named him Hrothmund Wulfgard. I made sure to hike my way to Skyrim, as that is the region I am most familiar with (having only played Oblivion and Skyrim). It's interesting to see their take on Riften. It's more stoney compared to the more wooden nature of the city in Skyrim (the game). I'm glad I got it on disc because downloading the game for the free weekend took forever!

I remember when I knew Doom would be good. Before launch they did one of those Bethesda streams and they pulled up a map

and oh baby was it ever a Doom map

Speaking of Doom, I know many of you don't really hold Doom's multiplayer in the highest of regards, but I actually really want to see a spin-off or Giant Bomb Makes Super Mario Maker called Giant Bomb Makes Doom, where Brad and chat try to create a fun Doom map via SnapMap for the community to share and enjoy.

And remember a lot of them sacrifice top picks to get rogue picks in the 5-10 spot. I could see Dan sacrificing to get Stardew on the list for example.

Good point. Do we have a list of "I'm OK with 10th" picks to accompany this?

I'm getting dizzy trying to figure out how many times this snake has eaten its own tail at this point

Is that what's happening? All I learned of DOTA 2 specifics I learned from Brad 'n crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom