• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
photo_global_rickdyer.jpg

7ZNGz36.jpg

Escape From NY is so good and LA is incredibly and laughably cheesy. I'm wearing this shirt today at work.

That's a sweet ass shirt.

Is it just me or was the Titanfall 2 thing way overblown. I mean it's not really as cool as people were making it out to be. People were like "Theres this one level where you hit a button and wowwww omg soo gooooooood like mmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmm good"

It really wasn't anything that special.

It's cool because it kept building on the moment and it never overstayed it's welcome.

I think this year has been pretty amazing but I've always preferred big AAA games than indie games that "speak" to me.

It is pretty amazing, indeed.

DOOM
Gravity Rush Remastered
Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Far Cry Primal
Fire Emblem Fates
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Overcooked
Owlboy
Obduction
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
Event 0
Clustertruck
Shadow Complex Remastered
Pony Island
Amplitude
The Witness
Dying Light: The Following
Firewatch
Virginia
Yo-kai Watch 2
Playstation VR, Rift, Vive
Oxenfree
Unravel
Stardew Valley
Superhot
Tom Clancy's The Division
Hitman
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Trackmania Turbo
Slain!
Enter the Gungeon
Quantum Break
Salt and Sanctuary
That Dragon, Cancer
Dark Souls 3
Ratchet & Clank
Severed
UC4
Overwatch
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Recore
Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator-
Furi
Inside
Attack on Titan
Steins;Gate 0
Valley
The Turing Test
Kentucky Route Zero Act 4
Headlander
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
Abzû
Bound
No Man's Sky
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The King of Fighters XIV
Grow Up
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Forza Horizon 3
Final Fantasy XV
Mafia III
Gears of War 4
Rez Infinite
Dragon Quest Builders
Let it Die
World of Final Fantasy
Battlefield 1
Civilization VI
The Last Guardian
Titanfall 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remaster
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Dishonored 2
Dead Rising 4

.etc

Wild Guns: Reloaded is releasing in Japan tomorrow.

The Fate of the Furious trailer

I want Jeff's thoughts on this on the next bombcast. It looks fucking amazing.

The last movie needs to have the gang going into orbital reentry. With Tom Cruise trying to murder them.

edit: haha, I see I'm not the only one.

It'll turn out by the end that Dominic was just protecting his family from the patriots.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_KgKLcb50tA
Everyone on the staff eventually grew on me

If I was Drew, I would be all about the moms all the time

oti

Banned
I'm telling you...Brad. Dota 2 7.00. 24h.

I don't care about MOBA or DOTA but I'd love to see this happening. I have no idea what 7.0 does or why it's important so seeing Brad geeking out over it would be quite entertaining.

oti

Banned
22 hours into FFXV, only just now finished chapter 3. The slowest of burns.

25h and I just finished chapter 13. Since one can continue after the story wraps up I'm ok with doing story quests mainly. I also hope they'll streamline the side quests down the road.

25h and I just finished chapter 13. Since one can continue after the story wraps up I'm ok with doing story quests mainly. I also hope they'll streamline the side quests down the road.

if you could go to an area and just say "give me all the hunts up to my current level" or literally any option other than 1 at a time, it becomes 10x better

That's alright, I'm like 27 hours in and haven't been to Lestallum yet. Level 34 or so.

Why? Like, what do you do? I made it 10 hours into it before I just was so bored I had to stop. Going back and forth between quest givers and the meaningless fetch quests or mundane hunts wore very thin, very quick.

I'm just kind of amazed that GAF loves to shit on DA:I but FFXV is like that but worse. I'm glad people like the game they got I guess. Maybe the backlash will start later.

There's a backlash in places. JJ from 8-4 has a good aul rant about the game on last weeks show.

I think the difference might be largely based off the fact FF fans are fairly desperate for a good game, especially one that has been in development for so long.
And the knowledge, from demos etc, of what the game was really going to be (having not played it, it, or at least the open world bit, is exactly what I expected it to be, going by the chatter).

hamchan

Why? Like, what do you do? I made it 10 hours into it before I just was so bored I had to stop. Going back and forth between quest givers and the meaningless fetch quests or mundane hunts wore very thin, very quick.

I'm just kind of amazed that GAF loves to shit on DA:I but FFXV is like that but worse. I'm glad people like the game they got I guess. Maybe the backlash will start later.

Nah the FFXV honeymoon only lasted a few days before the backlash started.

Johndoey

Banned

Woah now, FFXV is pretty bad about the quests, but it sure as hell ain't worse than Inquisition.

Woah now, FFXV is pretty bad about the quests, but it sure as hell ain't worse than Inquisition.

Maybe not on paper, but I think the actual combat and world-building in DA:I are miles above FFXV's. If the combat was good I could overlook those things, but I really don't like it at all. I think it's bad.

Meguro

Banned
The new DOTA 2 patch is nuts until you realize that most heroes won't ever get to level 25 and thus the talent trees are just glorified stat points anyway.
Map changes are cool though.

How the fuck does this happen? I feel like I did everything that was doable and I just hit chapter 4 about six hours in (unless I imagined a chapter change where one wasn't).

Almost 40 side quests done with no fast travelling. The game is so damn relaxing with its world, characters, music, etc that I enjoy just talking to different characters for their quests, then relaxing with the drive, listening to the FF1+4 soundtracks while seeing the different environments I go by. Also helps with using the perks for gaining AP and EXP for long drives.

Also recently unlocked the portable MP3 player. Just wandering around the open world in places I haven't thoroughly explored yet with the FF1 or FF4 overworld music playing is connecting with me in a weirdly cool way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom