• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Haven't seen Hobbit, but the best thing about Hobbit is the brutally honest BTS video on the DVD. Hopefully one day videos games will get there too, instead of publishers trying to pretend everything is always amazing.

And it's a damn shame about Vinny, but I think Alex and Dan can hold down the NY office with some production help from CNET for a while.
I feel like square had some moments like that with FFXV's development

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Huh? What does this mean?

People finally got tired about complaining about lack of content and decided to extrapolate from nothing that Vinny is leaving instead. Just another horse being beaten to death. File it away with the mean shit people say about Brad and Alex. It's wonder the GB folks rarely stop in here.

Meneses

People finally got tired about complaining about lack of content and decided to extrapolate from nothing that Vinny is leaving instead. Just another horse being beaten to death. File it away with the mean shit people say about Brad and Alex. It's wonder the GB folks rarely stop in here.

Dude it's a joke.

Zaph

Preparing resignation letters and résumés takes time.

To be fair I think Brads occasional rage post on here is more then he posts on the GB forums.

pizzacat

Banned
Because theyre scared!

Zaph

That's how this thread has always gone.

GFfSlEz.gif

Damn, no more new Vinny gifs :(

Curufinwe

Haven't seen Hobbit, but the best thing about Hobbit is the brutally honest BTS video on the DVD. Hopefully one day videos games will get there too, instead of publishers trying to pretend everything is always amazing.

The BTS videos are still incredibly good, even if the movies aren't nearly as good as the LotR movies.

The Hobbit is a bad book and the movies struggled to make something good out of it.

LOTR is the best though.

Bad is harsh, but it's a very limited book and I was happy to see some of the Hobbit-related sections of the LotR appendices end up on screen, like Gandalf meeting Thorin in Bree. Lee Pace's Thranduil was awesome, and the way Smaug gets killed is much more believable than in the book. I get why they felt they had to add the female elf but it just didn't work well, and dragged the movies out.

Remember when Dan was on the East coast and the East coast 3 man crew was still pumping out way more content then the west coast AND they managed to also secretly record a entire endurance run? That's work rate right there.

Dan cant get to NYC soon enough.

So is he really going to pay for 2 apartments instead of sucking it up and living in SF a bit longer? I guess maybe the GF might have New York work or family stuff. But man that is a real bad spot.

Somehow he will still be able to afford a Wrestlemania VIP travel package.

Ah ok. I thought I missed some announcement that Vinny is leaving for realsies.

Bacon

Remember when Dan was on the East coast and the East coast 3 man crew was still pumping out way more content then the west coast AND they managed to also secretly record a entire endurance run? That's work rate right there.

Hmm I seem to remember there being a lot of people feeling like Dan's presence in the New York office was being squandered because they weren't doing much content. And then when they announced that they had been recording an endurance run that made up for it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I seem to remember there being a lot of people feeling like Dan's presence in the New York office was being squandered because they weren't doing much content. And then when they announced that they had been recording an endurance run that made up for it.
That's exactly what happened.

popo

That's how this thread has always gone.

Yup, a spate of people being overly critical followed by a period of people being overly defensive. Thus balance is returned to the thread. It is more noticeable when there isn't much else GB related to talk about.

the bombcast and UPF are their best performing shows, almost certainly because they're consistent and scheduled. people like to know when things are happening. it's ingrained in us to want to know when to expect entertainment we consume. Game of Thrones doesn't come out "sometime this week or maybe next week." as fun of a surprise as the announcement on the panel was, I think the overwhelming majority of fans would have preferred to know that's what they were doing during that time.

also iirc, it was mostly complaining about the lack of content on the west while dan was gone.

Wunder

Do you think the people talking about the content droughts ever write strongly worded PMs to Jeff for his Jar Time or just talk about unsubbing in this thread instead

Bacon

the bombcast and UPF are their best performing shows, almost certainly because they're consistent and scheduled. people like to know when things are happening. it's ingrained in us to want to know when to expect entertainment we consume. Game of Thrones doesn't come out "sometime this week or maybe next week." as fun of a surprise as the announcement on the panel was, I think the overwhelming majority of fans would have preferred to know that's what they were doing during that time.

also iirc, it was mostly complaining about the lack of content on the west while dan was gone.

I don't disagree with that, I was just pointing out that I think he was looking at Dan's visit to the east coast with some rose colored glasses.

killroy87

Bombcast and UPF are also the ones that lean most towards prioritizing chatting and random commentary, with games coming second, and that's how I like my GB.

Do you think the people talking about the content droughts ever write strongly worded PMs to Jeff for his Jar Time or just talk about unsubbing in this thread instead

Lol they both seem equally useless. Jeff doesn't seem the type to take to strongly worded PMs.

popo

It isn't like only people in this thread talk about it. I have seen it on the GB forums - usually a mod locks it down quick and I bet Jeff's tumblr is full of it along with the rest of the crap.

I am past being bothered as I still see the sub as value and no longer have the time to watch everything that the do put out - but if Jeff and the guys got more pro-active in talking to their audience then they might alleviate some of the moaning.

I mean we all know that the recent drought happens every year when they are filming GOTY but does the casual site visitor know? As close to an explanation they get is Jeff and Vinny cracking a joke about not expecting anything on the site until after christmas. A brief blog post on the site would have offered explanation - along the lines of "it is gonna be slow for a few weeks but that is the price of enough podcasts to make your ears bleed."

hamchan

Shenmue 2 ER will probably happen shortly after Dan moves out East... Whenever that is.

I am so looking forward to this since the Shenmue ER might be my favourite thing they've done this year.

----

I wonder if they're fine with long gaps on their content because they're satisfied with the amount of people already locked in with yearly subs and know that it'll all be forgotten when they do their regular follow up of the drought with too much #content for one person to ever watch in a month.

I'm locked in for like 2-3 years so I'm helping with that...

Zaph

i send wish you were here postcards to jeff's home address with pictures of features I miss

imBask

Banned
I think they produce enough content and I don't even have time to watch every quick looks

just unsub and move on it makes you that unhappy

Strax

I've never used this GIF before but now I feel this is the right time

DnxfL.gif

Meneses

Guys, what was that stream Brad did from home quite some time ago where he played Dark Souls and had some hilarious stuff happen in Anor Londo?

Guys, what was that stream Brad did from home quite some time ago where he played Dark Souls and had some hilarious stuff happen in Anor Londo?

Either the extra life stream or when he and Jason each did a home stream instead of a UPF... can't remember when that was exactly.

EDIT: Stump got it above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom