• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
I'm not sure how giving myself less of their content solves my problem of wanting more content but thanks for the protip.

i'm just saying.

As long as you realize that your viewing habits might be the problem and/or the majority of people watch less stuff than you, then sure keep complaining whatever, a lot of people just come off super entitled

i'm just saying.

As long as you realize that your viewing habits might be the problem and/or the majority of people watch less stuff than you, then sure keep complaining whatever, a lot of people just come off super entitled

except that in the same period last year they put out three times as much content as now. And fyi responding to people with criticisms with "just stop watching/following" or whatever is always shitty. You could have just said "they make enough content for me" and left it at that.

Zaph

i'm just saying.

click this

and try to remember this is a discussion thread

imBask

Banned
except that in the same period last year they put out three times as much content as now. And fyi responding to people with criticisms with "just stop watching/following" or whatever is always shitty. You could have just said "they make enough content for me" and left it at that.

click this

and try to remember this is a discussion thread

is there a contract somewhere saying they need to produce X amount of videos a month? They make videos when they make videos, you know what you're getting into when you sub to them. It's not a scam

I mean, sure you can wish for more, but if they make you mad enough to complain about it every day on here just stop watching because you have issues (not talking about you here, figurative "you")

popo

is there a contract somewhere saying they need to produce X amount of videos a month? They make videos when they make videos, you know what you're getting into when you sub to them. It's not a scam

I mean, sure you can wish for more, but if they make you mad enough to complain about it every day on here just stop watching because you have issues (not talking about you here, figurative "you")

Just let people complain if they want to - it is their right as a consumer. GB can anwser their own critics (or ignore them, lol).

As to the bolded - they (GB) advertised "a new piece of premium content every day" for over a year after it stopped being true - after the sites broke up - so they would not be in position to complain.

Dineren

Banned
Do they usually put up Jar Time as a podcast? I've always watched the video in the past and never really thought about it until I was looking for something to listen to this morning.

lmao, DOOM's tone/story inspiration.

6yseOw3.gif

So good.

e: GB name dropped in the documentary.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How could it be fan-fiction by original creator?

The post said fan fiction tier, not fan fiction. And fan fiction tier trash lines up exactly with the Bioshock Inifinite story, which was also by the creator of Bioshock Infinite.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me...we haven't seen anything yet from Levine's new project. right? And didn't he write a movie or something, too?

LiK

That reminds me...we haven't seen anything yet from Levine's new project. right? And didn't he write a movie or something, too?

Not sure if he's still writing Logan's Run but yea, nothing from his team on the game development front.

Please post your impressions once you do! That DLC ended up being very divisive. I'm very much in the "it's great" camp, but I absolutely understand why some people hated it.

Will do, probably in the new years though. Going through TLG at the moment and I'm really loving it so far despite me having a few issues with it.

I think it's a shame they made everything in Bioshock revolve around Rapture, even the unrelated Infinite characters.

I think
they connected the universes in an interesting way considering the technology that the Lutece's made.
Many people hate BI for some reason but I loved it and still do, I also enjoyed GB's stream of the game.

Nope. Last I know is that he's working on a Twilight Zone game.

Johndoey

Banned
Fits with Infinite then!
Pretty much. I remember all the lip service about tackling racism, religion, and the realities of early 1900's America and then it does jack shit with any of those topics.
And the combat is a slog through, which is like rotting icing on the cardboard cake.

Phediuk

Kid Chameleon is one of the best side-scrollers ever made imo. Fucking massive game for the time, over 100 levels, all of them unique.

Good choice Jeff.

Fits with Infinite then!

I'll go to bat for Infinite to this day, Vox Populi/Fitzroy stuff aside. I think the final 30 minutes of that game are in-fucking-credible, and the way the story is teased out throughout the game is fantastic too, with the Luteces and whatnot, and the environmental storytelling, and just the brilliant art direction of Columbia. I think all that stuff stands up, and it grinds my gears a little bit that it's so popular to dunk on that people will overlook everything it did right because it got a couple of things wrong. It's myopic as fuck, but that's in line with the internet's opinion on everything being either "best thing ever" or "worst thing ever".

Anyway, BaS episode 2 just felt completely unnecessary and only made everything feel smaller, and it sacrificed Infinite's characters for the cipher protagonist of the first game and the little sisters, which makes no sense. Neither game's story benefited from that kind of canon wankery, which is why I call it fan fiction-tier, because there's never been a subtle allusion or thematic parallel that fans haven't milked for every little bit it's worth. Infinite had exactly the right amount of connection to Bioshock - just enough to tantalize at the possibilities.

justjim89

Fuuuuck I wanna reinstall DOOM now and I don't have the space on my SSD. Great doc by Danny, and a GB shoutout!

The DOOM opening is undoubtedly winning Best moment or Sequence this year. There's no way around it.

justjim89

welp, this is all I want Danny to do now

Right? Talk about what they were going for with Absolution, what they learned from it, the decision to go episodic, returning to the classic style of Hitman, the self-aware tone. I can bet there are some great stories to tell out of that develpoment cycle.

Or, for a sad story, what the fuck went wrong with Thi4f.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
A story on Epic could be amazing. That company has been so important for gaming as a whole but it's really not that well covered. And their current projects all look a little troubled, too and I would like to know what's going on.
But I'm not sure they would open their doors in that situation.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Epic atm is a provider of an engine as a service with games that they use as advertisement for devs to show what UE4 can do.

Probably earning mad cash doing it tho, a bit like Valve but with an engine instead of a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom