• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously name one good thing about that game. Just one thing.

DEERFEST

7ITK0WD.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh during the last Beastcast Jeff said having an office in SF helps with GDC. But...didn't they skip that for two years now? I don't think they had anyone over for a while.

LiK

Oh during the last Beastcast Jeff said having an office in SF helps with GDC. But...didn't they skip that for two years now? I don't think they had anyone over for a while.

GDC is pretty boring unless you're a dev and it's not games media friendly so no point in sending anyone to the panels.

robotrock

Banned

They had a couple devs come in to demo their games. There was the PSVR thing with the Halo composer and they did an Unfinished.

They haven't done the crazy GDC show in a couple of years now though. the last time they did it, dave lang said windjammers will never come back.

I miss the Giant Bomb GDC Show so much

I didn't know there was a cheat menu. Maybe I'll finish it someday. I don't even remember where I was when the terrible combat, story, and camera system became too much for me to bear. I can't believe this is the same studio behind Max Payne.

cheat codes are literally the only reason I finished it. at least I could relieve my boredom by playing it like rambo

oti

Banned
Around what chapter did you get the flying car? I want to see how close I am but don't want to Google it for fear of spoilers (even though the story is somewhat silly at this point)

I finished the game without it. It's the reward of a side quest. You can totally miss it.

Wish I had it sooner. 🤔

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
GDC is pretty boring unless you're a dev and it's not games media friendly so no point in sending anyone to the panels.
Their GDC streams have been legendary and some of the best they've ever done!?

Like this beautiful mess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRoOOwwJQaU
(Make sure to watch the last bit)

They had a couple devs come in to demo their games. There was the PSVR thing with the Halo composer and they did an Unfinished.

They haven't done the crazy GDC show in a couple of years now though. the last time they did it, dave lang said windjammers will never come back.

I miss the Giant Bomb GDC Show so much
Yeah, there have been demos, you are right.

And yes!

ev0

The only time I will excuse Giant Bomb's content droughts: the time they record and edit GOTY content, PAX thursdays-mondays, GDC parties, and E3 travel.

I was being a bit facetious (heh), but realistically I've always felt the same as you about GOTY, E3, GDC.

I've grown to loathe the PAX droughts as the site just completely dies and we get a panel with cringe Q&A and this years shared panel was just the worst. PAX is a thing for the smallest audience (they have fun going, which is good)

GOTY drought this year is just compounded by the general drought thats been going on for months and while some may argue that the Nidhogg re-use isn't a big deal- it's just more to add on top of the pile

robotrock

Banned
Around what chapter did you get the flying car? I want to see how close I am but don't want to Google it for fear of spoilers (even though the story is somewhat silly at this point)

Do Cindy's side quests for car parts and you'll eventually get it
edit: I'm probably wrong on this actually

oti

Banned
Do Cindy's side quests for car parts and you'll eventually get it
Interestingly enough I didn't get it that way. I did her quest line until the very last but that was too hard so I decided to randomly infiltrate another enemy base. The reward of that was the last missing car part. Weird. And fun.

Johndoey

Banned
I mean you have to infiltrate the base to get the part, I'm fairly certain there's no other way to get it.
Also the flying is pretty fucking bad, which is unfortunate.

robotrock

Banned
Interestingly enough I didn't get it that way. I did her quest line until the very last but that was too hard so I decided to randomly infiltrate another enemy base. The reward of that was the last missing car part. Weird. And fun.
This might be the case. I cashed in the headlights I found in the Crestholm Channels to her and thought that made my car a plane, but I might have actually just cashed in the enemy base quest.
I mean you have to infiltrate the base to get the part, I'm fairly certain there's no other way to get it.
It's a lot better than the driving IMO. Offers much more control.

I will still just use fast travel though

FStop7

Banned
I'm gonna give it a couple of months into next year and if things don't change I'll ask for a refund of my sub. I think I'm paid up until sometime in 2018.

Like someone else mentioned they're releasing a third of what they did a year ago and I'm pretty tired of shrill fanboys, too.

oti

Banned
Oh, didn't know that.

Finally I don't have to care about fuel anymore. Just wish the car would be twice as fast now. Not like much is happening while driving anyway.

I'm gonna give it a couple of months into next year and if things don't change I'll ask for a refund of my sub. I think I'm paid up until sometime in 2018.

Like someone else mentioned they're releasing a third of what they did a year ago and I'm pretty tired of shrill fanboys, too.
To me it hinges on the new hire. Since Jeff has made it clear he doesn't care about a somewhat reliable schedule the new hire will be the only thing that could motivate me to keep my subscription. I mean, I've paid for a year via PayPal during their last sale and I won't cancel that, but I will stop the auto renewal.

robotrock

Banned

Why did you order that much giant bomb

LowRoller

They're busy with goty . Of course they'll start putting out stuff next month.

Meneses

I still think Myggen is actually Jeff.

Regarding this Nidhogg stuff, I see valid points from both sides of the argument.

The timing of it, though, is kinda funny.

skynidas

Banned

i cancelled my sub 2 months ago. feeling good and don't miss it too much.

oti

Banned
How many times do we have to go through Dan's way of looking at food on the podcast again? We get it. Why do people still ask those questions?

robotrock

Banned
How many times do we have to go through Dan's way of looking at food on the podcast again? We get it. Why do people still ask those questions?

They always will! The question is when will Brad stop taking those questions?

I love Brad as a podcast host otherwise. I just wish the email section was better.

Meneses

The best period of the email section was when it was actually questions from Tumblr.

edit:
I still like the emails most of the time

Probably better as an OT question, but is there anything worth flying too?

I think VIII was the best about having out of the way locations on the world map. I remember just flying around and randomly finding the giant cactuar and the island.

robotrock

Banned

I think VIII was the best about having out of the way locations on the world map. I remember just flying around and randomly finding the giant cactuar and the island.

Have you finished the game? There's something in the post game you're gonna need to fly to if you wanna see it.

Johndoey

Banned

Yeah there's a piece of post game content you need the flying car to reach, it's easily the best part of the game.
Minor Spoilers
It's a lengthy puzzle dungeon that's out of the normal map boundary

robotrock

Banned
Yeah there's a piece of post game content you need the flying car to reach, it's easily the best part of the game.

Does the game ever tell you about it?

I've finished the game (got the Platinum even), and I have the flying car, but I was never once told about this bit.

Minor Spoilers
It's a lengthy puzzle dungeon that's out of the normal map boundary

FFVIII had that too

and then had you fight Ultima Weapon

Man FFVIII really is the best Final Fantasy

Johndoey

Banned
Does the game ever tell you about it?

I've finished the game (got the Platinum even), and I have the flying car, but I was never once told about this bit.
There's no direct reference to it in game as far as I know. Which is kinda crazy considering how expansive that thing is.

oti

Banned
Worse the repurposing UPF segments for their YouTube is actually the fact that Brad wanted to play OG Nidhogg on UPF. Really? Is there nothing else you could have come up with than the game you've played like 10 times on UPF already?

Really?

Kingdom Hearts 2 and I'm with you
I haven't played it since it came out. All I remember is feeling like that's when the story went off the deep end. Still, excited to replay it!
That's way too much KH at once. Those games should be taken a month or two at a time.
I will most assuredly fall short of my goal. I replayed the first game a couple of years ago, and have played DDD since then, so I might just play the others starting with KHII.

Worse the repurposing UPF segments for their YouTube is actually the fact that Brad wanted to play OG Nidhogg on UPF. Really? Is there nothing else you could have come up with than the game you've played like 10 times on UPF already?

Really?
Better than Gang Beasts again.

robotrock

Banned
I haven't played it since it came out. All I remember is feeling like that's when the story went off the deep end. Still, excited to replay it!

I will most assuredly fall short of my goal. I replayed the first game a couple of years ago, and have played DDD since then, so I might just play the others starting with KHII.

I'm trying to get a headstart on the collection by playing KH1 on my PS3 right now. I really hate the platforming.

I think KH2 kind of got away from that?

I just looked up what you have to do to get the flying car
You have to beat the game first
... Bummer, thought I was close but I'm like almost 30 hours in and only on like chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom