• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a headstart on the collection by playing KH1 on my PS3 right now. I really hate the platforming.

I think KH2 kind of got away from that?

Hmm, did it? You're right about the platforming being not good. Those stupid floating islands at the start of Hollow Bastion were terrible.

Most of all I'm excited to finally play Birth By Sleep. I owned it on the PSP, but hated that platform so much I never played it.

robotrock

Banned
I just looked up what you have to do to get the flying car
You have to beat the game first
... Bummer, thought I was close but I'm like almost 30 hours in and only on like chapter 6

In chapter 9 you get access to this hotel that gives you 3x exp for 30k gil a night.

I hope that's not a spoiler or anything. If I had known that, I would have waited till chapter 9 to do most of my side quest grinding

vOM9EIB.png

Johndoey

Banned
So if you only do story missions you get to the end of the game very quickly. I beat the game at around an average level of 36 with minimal difficulty so that route is doable.

Mr. F

Banned
What are people hoping to dig into over the holidays (if you get time off)? I've been slowly chipping away at FFXV but I'm not sure it's really holding my attention enough to stick with. Might switch focus to Civ or other multiplayer stuff since friends will be freed up from work for a bit.

Anjin M

Jeff.Zone said:
Anonymous asked:
Should I have my popcorn ready for some Mario Party Party today?

Results of last night’s “move boxes to uncover all my Wii games” party have been a success. Or a resounding failure, depending on your perspective, I suppose.

robotrock

Banned
What are people hoping to dig into over the holidays (if you get time off)? I've been slowly chipping away at FFXV but I'm not sure it's really holding my attention enough to stick with. Might switch focus to Civ or other multiplayer stuff since friends will be freed up from work for a bit.

You're gonna love FFXV for GOTY podcasts

For multiplayer with friends we all bought each other Elder Scrolls Online and Borderlands collection... ES Online has been a non starter for us, but damn playing through Borderlands 2 with friends has been a freaking blast lately. I forgot how much fun that game is.

Catvoca

Banned

Hoping to play Infinite Warfare and the MW remaster. Pretty excited for both honestly, the multiplayer will be my GOTY podcast fluff. I might try put more time into my Witcher 3 replay as well. I started a new game to play the expansions (which I haven't played yet) but I guess I forgot how long it is. Just finished the Novigrad stuff and it was endless. I might buy Stardew Valley on consoles as well? Kinda feel like playing that game again but on PS4.

Probably will still be playing FFXV. I am getting TLG as a gift so I want to play that. Definitely want to get some more hitman in (20 mastery in Paris, 17 in Sapienza, 10 in Marrakesh, haven't played the others). Would like to get back to DQ Builders at some point too.

I'm sure there will be time for MP also, OW, BF1, Siege.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Started The Witcher 3 finally, so I got that figured out, I guess.

Also season 2 of SFV and the once a year dota session I have during the holidays with friends.

I gave up on Final Fantasy for now. I really liked my time with it, but I'm gonna wait until the game has been patched a bit.

I have a couple weeks off for the holidays, so I think I'm gonna start The Last Guardian. I might pick up Tomb Raider from the PSN sale this week, too. So, there's that. I also want to finish getting the Platinum Trophy in Watch Dogs 2.

Meneses

I haven't touched my PS4 in 2 months so i'll have some catching up to do.

Hoping to finally play the Titanfall2 campaign (I bought it the same day I left lol), then get FFXV and The Last Guardian.

Also catch up on some Hitman stuff, check out Let it Die, probably get Stardew Valley and then maybe Overcooked for some multiplayer fun with the family.

Overwatch was maaaayyyyybe in my top 3 for this year... But after seeing that Zenyata skin for the holiday update it's my clear GOTY...

That is unless I don't get it in a random loot box... If that doesn't happen then fuck that game.

I don't get time off during the holidays but I'm thinking Just Cause 3 is next on the list for me.

Are there any obvious candidates for Worst Game?

I don't recall any Afro Samurai 2-level atrocities from this year.

Mario Maker 3DS

Zaph

Danny's Doom doc is so good

I liked the Rocket League doc, but this one had a better story to tell that wasn't just mostly about what a surprise hit it was.

edit - oh shit

qOtEHnx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom