• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I forgot to include you. Thanks.

I truly believe lack of content is a valid criticism. It for sure is a reason to cancel or not renew. What I am confused about is why people post about it repeatedily, every few days as if suddenly the GB crew will realize the same people that belittle them will continue to be unhappy no matter what they do so they better put out some content and oh god, how dare they offer once paid content to non-premium members.
If there is not enough value in the cost it takes, get rid of the cost and move on.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. Most of the complaints are perfectly valid reasons, but at some point it goes beyond just discussing it on a forum and becomes an actual issue that you have with the site. Posting about it here most likely won't solve it and will probably just make you more upset because you feel like you're providing feedback and nothing is changing.

I'm someone that consumes 90% of GB's output and while I would like there to be more to watch, I'm still perfectly happy when there isn't content because there's other things I can do.

I mean if there's like a demo derby every week I wouldn't complain.

Gotta get through those demo disks somehow.

even once a month

edit-what if they prepare for demo derbies

like they look at it before recording, write a script, jeff writes down stories to tell for each demo, and then they 'act it out' for the first time on camera

maybe that's why it takes them so long

Rainmaker

Banned
I don't want to get too real here, but the thing I feared kind of happened with this job. You realize that although the stress level may be lower, and it's nice having time to do stuff, it's ultimately quite unfulfilling. I definitely won't be doing this forever.

Still a billion times better than working retail, of course.

I did a job like this for four years. On top of the sitting at a computer for hours I was the only one working at my post. It was incredibly lonely. It was the worst. I could at least keep up with all of GB and other things without hinderence though. It's all that got me through it

The "jokes" bother me because they're one way. Brad isn't in on them. If he played into them or even acknowledged that they didn't bother him, it would be different.

If I constantly insulted someone I didn't know, I couldn't just play it off like a joke each time. If I know them and we mutually give each other shit, it's different. In this case, it's the former. Do you ever wonder why Brad and Vinny handle the thread different? Hint, it's because you treat one like shit.

There's so many things to joke about with GB, why resort to shitty comments about people as a major source of humor?

Edit: not you specifically.

Completely agreed, feel the same way.

justjim89

putting-gun-to-head.gif

Not yet 30, and it's been ten years of my life. A whooooole lot of going nowhere.

You know what's worse? Making $40 a month from playing music at a nursing home and not finding work anywhere else. The best part is when you go out with someone for the first time, you literally watch the attraction fade from their face when you tell them 'what you do for work.'

That's been the five years since I've graduated college.

Is there any way to listen to Jeff's Mixlr's after or is it "catch it live and if you miss it then you miss it" type of thing? I really liked listening to the Jeff and Alex stuff two weeks ago, but I only caught one of the days.

Dany

Banned
2008 Grand Theft Auto IV
2009 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2010 Mass Effect 2
2011 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2012 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2013 The Last of Us
2014 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
2015 Super Mario Maker
2016 Doom
2017 Mass Effect Andromeda
2018 Last of Us: Part II

Who you think would win

Is Mario Party Party 9 going to be Mario Party 9 and 10 or will they do it properly and save Mario Party Party 9 for Mario Party 9 and Mario Party Party 10 for Mario Party 10? These games are apparently much shorter. Would you be disappointed if the play both games tomorrow?

Is Mario Party Party 9 going to be Mario Party 9 and 10 or will they do it properly and save Mario Party Party 9 for Mario Party 9 and Mario Party Party 10 for Mario Party 10? These games are apparently much shorter. Would you be disappointed if the play both games tomorrow?

They should play both since it is so much shorter apparently!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mario Maker is probably what I'd pick personally and I'm not even that huge of a fan of the game it self.

But I loved the stuff around it when it came out, seeing Mario Maker stages made for speedruns, the Mario Maker Monday stuff, the Nintendo League stuff. Felt like a real event for a game release.

oti

Banned
Mario Maker is probably what I'd pick personally and I'm not even that huge of a fan of the game it self.

But I loved the stuff around it when it came out, seeing Mario Maker stages made for speedruns, the Mario Maker Monday stuff, the Nintendo League stuff. Felt like a real event for a game release.

The weird thing for me is that Mario Maker is like a dream coming true, but how are you going to compare that with other games? What Mario Maker does is amazing but when it comes to something like this list I'd be ok with picking something like Mass Effect 2, that pushed the genre to new hights for me.

Also it seems like this will be the first MPP that I can watch live in full!

Tagyhag

if only the internet told them to like it some more

It's just a shame that it lost on stuff like music based on outright ignorance.

Jeff (Who hasn't beaten the game): "I just don't like 8-bit music anymore"

Everyone else who beat it: "Oh ok boss"

Never mind the fact of how thematic the music is in the game (More than Splatoon that's for sure), but that assuming that's all the game is, is outright false.

I mean, Undertale's community has severely ruined the game's appeal, I won't disagree.

But just dismissing it due to outside factors outside of the game's control, is nonsense.

It's just a shame that it lost on stuff like music based on outright ignorance.

Jeff (Who hasn't beaten the game): "I just don't like 8-bit music anymore"

Everyone else who beat it: "Oh ok boss"

Never mind the fact of how thematic the music is in the game (More than Splatoon that's for sure), but that assuming that's all the game is, is outright false.

I mean, Undertale's community has severely ruined the game's appeal, I won't disagree.

But just dismissing it due to outside factors outside of the game's control, is nonsense.

but also hotline miami 2 had better music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom