• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

So Vinny stopped by while I was gone, huh? That was some fascinating insight into the GB work process, much appreciated. Also, people in this thread are much nicer as soon as one of our parents drops by. :p

Zoggy

So Vinny stopped by while I was gone, huh? That was some fascinating insight into the GB work process, much appreciated. Also, people in this thread are much nicer as soon as one of our parents drops by. :p
Another page another creepy giant bomb dad fantasy post

What final fantasy game is Drew playing and is it good/available on vita?

FF6.

The PS1 version can be played on Vita but it has some load times over the SNES version. A bit annoying but its OK if you don't have a bunch of experience playing the SNES version.

There is a version on Steam too but its a port of the mobile version and has ugly as sin redrawn art

LiK

FF6.

The PS1 version can be played on Vita but it has some load times over the SNES version. A bit annoying but its OK if you don't have a bunch of experience playing the SNES version.

There is a version on Steam too but its a port of the mobile version and has ugly as sin redrawn art

There's a mod that takes out the shitty filters in Steam version, thankfully.

There's a mod that takes out the shitty filters in Steam version, thankfully.

Even then the way the character sprites have been redrawn still looks like poop.

VnmnxWU.jpg

Love that chunky SNES sprite work.

Basically ported the mobile version with the shitty graphics. No respect.

But why did they do THAT to the sprites in the first place for mobile? Was it not ugly enough to fit in with all the crappy f2p games? It just boggles the mind. Someone somewhere signed off on those sprites and I'd like to know what they were thinking when they said "this is good"

LiK

But why did they do THAT to the sprites in the first place for mobile? Was it not ugly enough to fit in with all the crappy f2p games? It just boggles the mind. Someone somewhere signed off on those sprites and I'd like to know what they were thinking when they said "this is good"

Not sure of the reason. Maybe resolution issues or maybe they think kids will like new graphics better. Dunno.

Despite all the hoopla about content right now... I just became a premium subscriber for the first time! Can't wait to catch up on stuff and start watching UPF.

Nice.

There's a lot of cool stuff in the vaults. Check out qlcrew for an easy way to find it all. And now that I think about it, the first thing I'd recommend is Backflips 'n' Bioforge. It's just amazing stuff.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They totally changed the look of Nidhogg 2 already. The characters look less Simpson-y than in the trailer.

Curufinwe

They should make the upcoming Shenmue 2 ER a premium feature. Just call it something else like they did with Metal Gear Scanlon and Bradley May Cry.

How is it bizarre admire the Looney Tunes, the first or second most important cartoons like ever?

Hell yeah as a kid growing up in the 90s, when random, unedited cartoons from the golden of age of Disney and Looney Tunes were shown I'd always gravitate to Looney Tunes. As far as Disney went I only really enjoyed the Donald Duck vignettes. Looney Tunes had a better all around cast. I'm assuming all those cartoons are too violent or racist/sexist to air these days.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The only Disney stuff I liked as a kid were the pocket books (that apparently aren't even a thing in the US) and like two movies.
What was the main Disney "product" for those who like them so much?

Kimaka

The only Disney stuff I liked as a kid were the pocket books (that apparently aren't even a thing in the US) and like two movies.
What was the main Disney "product" for those who like them so much?

The people that I know that are huge into Disney like the Princess properties. Never cared for them myself outside of Mulan. The Disney movies that I like are the ones from the late 90s which aren't as popular. I didn't care for Disney channel either. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Fox had a better selection of shows.

Megasoum

Banned
I hope they stop pulling so many emails about food.

I hope they stop to talk about food in general. It's like they only eat trash. I mean of course they don't really... but ugh.

I've had a Gastric Sleeve done last week which means that I've been on a liquid diet for almost 6 weeks now and only slowly going back to normal solid food and even then, it has to be healthy and ridiculously small portion....

So yeah... Listening to them talk about eating double-stacked frozen pizza is pretty much pure torture at this point.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Dan talking up Totino's party pizzas was difficult to listen to on the bbcast. Jeff's face while he was talking about the crap he would pile on and then stacking one on top of another was funny. No sane human being declares those pizzas as their favorite frozen pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom