• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Does anyone know if Digiorno and Delissio pizzas are the same thing? I'm in Canada and we have Delissio, but I'm pretty sure it's just a branding thing and their the same product.

If they are the same, then Digiorno/Delissio are by far the best frozen pizzas.

Dan talking up Totino's party pizzas was difficult to listen to on the bbcast. Jeff's face while he was talking about the crap he would pile on and then stacking one on top of another was funny. No sane human being declares those pizzas as their favorite frozen pizza.

no joke - I bought one for the first time a few months ago after Dan hyped it up and it's just awful. those Celeste pizzas for one are better, somehow. store brand bargain frozen pizzas are better. it's one of the worst food opinions I've ever seen him share.

SomberOwl

I hope they stop to talk about food in general. It's like they only eat trash. I mean of course they don't really... but ugh.

I hope they stop in general too but that probably wont happen. It's just instead of reading 3 emails about food you could have pulled some actually interesting ones that isn't going to get someone talking about how much they love cheese

Curufinwe

no joke - I bought one for the first time a few months ago after Dan hyped it up and it's just awful. those Celeste pizzas for one are better, somehow. store brand bargain frozen pizzas are better. it's one of the worst food opinions I've ever seen him share.

Dan's taste in food is generally terrible.

TraBuch

Banned
Totino's is fine. It's not great, or even that good, but sometimes you just want to eat something and feel bad about yourself later.

The BWW being the "best wings" is worse to me than the frozen pizza, same with taco bell compared with good Tex Mex. Sometimes you just want a frozen pizza. But hey, who cares, if he likes it thats all that matters for him haha.

Mr. F

Banned
I hope they stop in general too but that probably wont happen. It's just instead of reading 3 emails about food you could have pulled some actually interesting ones that isn't going to get someone talking about how much they love cheese

Seriously. If nothing else I'm glad he's going east so the Bombcast emails are less often "try to elicit X reaction from Dan re; food"

justjim89

Where do you live and what is your degree in?

Indiana, outside of Chicago. My degree is in Creative Writing so that never really lent itself to anything practical. Combine that with the fact that I've only ever had one real job that wasn't some small under the table thing, and I end up being over-educated and under-experienced for any entry level position anywhere. Retail, fast food, etc.

Not trying to bring the thread down, though. Curious what they do about Mario Party today since it's not a very traditional one. I'd be curious if 9 and 10 being so lame makes them appreciate all the good ones that came before.

Johndoey

Banned
Indiana, outside of Chicago. My degree is in Creative Writing so that never really lent itself to anything practical. Combine that with the fact that I've only ever had one real job that wasn't some small under the table thing, and I end up being over-educated and under-experienced for any entry level position anywhere. Retail, fast food, etc.

Not trying to bring the thread down, though. Curious what they do about Mario Party today since it's not a very traditional one. I'd be curious if 9 and 10 being so lame makes them appreciate all the good ones that came before.
You ever thought about going into nursing? Especially since you already have a relationship with a nursing home.

I get a holiday break for GOTY week though so, yay~

2 weeks for me.

really cool presentation
max payne and alan wake soundtracks are goat

Yes, they are. I hope we get Alan Wake 2 soon.

So Vinny stopped by while I was gone, huh? That was some fascinating insight into the GB work process, much appreciated. Also, people in this thread are much nicer as soon as one of our parents drops by. :p

People here are always nice, it's just that when Vinny popped the atmosphere turned into an AMA since he wanted questions. We got great answers.

I grew up watching Disney so I loved it. I'm more indifferent these days.

Same here, I'm mostly in love with classic Disney starting with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs till the end of what is known as the renaissance era.

justjim89

I think its safe to say that Dan's taste in food is pretty fucking terrible and should not be ever taken seriously.

I don't know, I've been drinking Diet Mountain Dew for a few weeks now instead of regular soda, and I'm already to the point where I don't notice the aftertaste. Also, going on a long run and then ruining it with Taco Bell is a great feeling.

Mupod

You'd think I'd be used to the food horror segment of the bombcast by now but I still have no idea how Dan isn't 400 pounds and also dead.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Sucks to hear, man. If you're willing to move a few states west, you could get a job very easily in the town I live in. We have more jobs than residents.

2906049-smr.jpg

Quick Look: Super Mario Run
Collecting coins, stomping on goombas, and grabbing flagpoles—all without those pesky controls.

Catvoca

Banned
yep, I was messing around with it last night (for the first time actually) and stumbled into one that was multi-level. wish there was a better way to find good maps though because holy shit the top maps are stupid

I haven't played DOOM in months but that was always the problem with SnapMap for me. Great tools but all the top maps were always garbage.

congrats, gbgafs constant disdain for everything has finally jumped the shark.

It's more like Disney's just way better. Lion King and all that stuff. Looney Tunes is like, oh, time to change the channel, grandpa's Depression-era distraction is on.

Here's some more disdain for you: It's bizarre that Jeff's talking shit about frozen pizza and then says just order some chain delivery pizza instead. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom