• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me an hour and a half, 4 accidental kills, and a few resets, but I finished the Paris mission of Hitman for the first time.

Fuck, guys, this game is awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Danny's Doom documentary really makes me like those id guys and their philosophy on the game.

And really makes me want them to make a Quake in the same style based off Quake 1 and not Strogg bullshit.

Danny's Doom documentary really makes me like those id guys and their philosophy on the game.

And really makes me want them to make a Quake in the same style based off Quake 1 and not Strogg bullshit.

It's baffling that they only ever made one game with the best aesthetic they ever came up with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's baffling that they only ever made one game with the best aesthetic they ever came up with.

I'd love to see Hugo Martin's take on lovecraftian, time traveling, gore-infested dark fantasy

Honestly, I feel like a lot of gaming publications give too much credence to bright, colorful games when it comes to art style. Doom 2016 legit has one of the best art styles I've ever seen in a game. Blending heavily textured animated horsepower with an amazing art style. I remember when I first saw it at E3 and people thought the monsters looked like clay mosnters or whatever and I did too. And I thought that was fucking amazing. It reminded me of the claymnation models they used for the og doom.

I was kind of hoping they'd mention Space Marine because the Glory Kills system reminded me a lot of the Space Marine execution system.

Thank you very much!

giphy.gif

Quake 1 is such a weird hodge-podge, I don't know if it's possible to replicate it. It was very much of its time too, with where technology was at back then. Just like how they couldn't really replicate Doom's aesthetic, because what played as dark and subversive then would just look incredibly corny now.

Johndoey

Banned
Game Over, which is about nintendo from playing cards to the very beginning of the n64, is amazing. I hope someday someone writes a book about ninty from the n64 era to the switch.
Yeah it's got some interesting details about the changing corporate structure of the company.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
anyone else playing Super Mario Run? its suprisingly good and inventive and has that Nintedo quality
I'm playing it. Going through the levels does nothing for me, so it's the same as with all 2D Mario games after the first Super Mario Bros. Especially NSMB ones.

On the other hand, racing and collecting black coins is really enjoyable (when it's not irritating).

Quake 1 is such a weird hodge-podge, I don't know if it's possible to replicate it. It was very much of its time too, with where technology was at back then. Just like how they couldn't really replicate Doom's aesthetic, because what played as dark and subversive then would just look incredibly corny now.

If they just made a game that was half castles and half Red Falcon type shit, I'd be happy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Finished the last guardian. In basically 2 sittings. 2nd sitting was a loooooooong one. I have not had a fever to finish a game like I did in a loooooooong time. Holy fuck.

Like, it has a lot of issues, but I don't think I have any reservations in calling it one of my most loved games of 2016. Or ever. Flawed and fantastic. It's going to be something that sticks to me for a long time.

I want my own trico. ;_;

Seriosuly, what they did with cat bird dog is one of my most heartfelt experiences in gaming.

Finished the last guardian. In basically 2 sittings. 2nd sitting was a loooooooong one. I have not had a fever to finish a game like I did in a loooooooong time. Holy fuck.

Like, it has a lot of issues, but I don't think I have any reservations in calling it one of my most loved games of 2016. Or ever. Flawed and fantastic. It's going to be something that sticks to me for a long time.

I want my own trico. ;_;

Seriosuly, what they did with cat bird dog is one of my most heartfelt experiences in gaming.

I love reading posts like this from people who've just finished it. The spoiler thread is basically a support group for people who just finished it. It's such an amazing experience.

So I was rewatching parts of Mario Party 10, because that's what I do on the weekends, and I decided to go back and rewatch the first Mario Party, and boy does everyone look so much more happy and full of life. Dan is like a different person.

I want my own trico. ;_;

I'm slow to play it because that's how I want to play it. Nearly every time I played Ico was in one sitting. It's just hard to find a chunk of time to do that these days.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I thought I might have played it out in smaller chunks too, but that fever to get to the end was burning me up. Just completely entranced me as I played it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
is the deadly preminition endurance run worth checking out?

Vinny and Jeff's playthrough was mostly entertaining. Outlook on the other one depends on how much you imagine you might like watching Brad play through a game that has tedious and bad gameplay while Ryan reacts to the story
and giant dogs

Xater

Vinny and Jeff's playthrough was mostly entertaining. Outlook on the other one depends on how much you imagine you might like watching Brad play through a game that has tedious and bad gameplay while Ryan reacts to the story
and giant dogs

Ryan reacting to anything is worth seeing.

is the deadly preminition endurance run worth checking out?

and giant dogs

"There's a giant dog in that intersection, there's a giant dog in that intersection, there's a giant dog in that intersection, Brad there's a giant dog in that intersection."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom