• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
KshikPn.jpg
Only one game left to play and complete before making my list. Going to start with the film though which I feel will be a total fucking waste of time. (pls prove me wrong film)

---

I feel like the people who like stardew games are the ones who didn't grow up on a farm.

For me, I like them because they are relaxing games almost zen like. I still do think that Harvest Moon is the height of that sensation. Stardew Valley at times is too complicated to be what HM was(if you ignore most things the game throws at you then sure, it could be that).

Just finished it last night, majestic really does sum up TLG. I think it would even be on my list of 3 games I'd want to show someone who doesn't play games, but the controls and camera (and framerate, even on a Pro!) end up taking away something vital that wouldn't matter so much in any other game. I respect the choice to buck 'good' game design and deliberately make Toriko frustrating to work with, but to pull that off, the rest of the package has to be really polished. I think I would have preferred it as a fixed-camera game if it meant my immersion wasn't spoiled by clipping through Toriko or the screen going black trying to navigate another tight corridor.

I'm almost afraid to move on to the Nathan Drake Collection this holiday, because after TLoU, FFXV and now TLG, but it seems like all the Sony exclusives I'm finally getting around to, play like shit.

It's in my top 10 for sure but still I don't know where I'm going to put it(probably somewhere in the top 5). It's a shame that the game has these issues even on a pro because I do see some people not forgiving the game for such issues however to me, what the game does great overshadow whatever problems I found when I played.

I'm still thinking about the final 10 minutes. That soundtrack is so gorgeous(EPILOGUE, Apex, Escape). Almost as good as SOTC.

Oh snap, they filmed it this year? YES

Get ready for Brad's filibuster in action.

oti

Banned
How long is Extra Life going? Maybe he can do it in the new year. Would be better content schedule wise anyway.

daveo42

Banned
Only one game left to play and complete before making my list. Going to start with the film though which I feel will be a total fucking waste of time. (pls prove me wrong film)

Watch it while the game installs and download the patch. Seemed to take forever for me on the PS4.

I've got a crisp 20 for Brad if he streams a successful Elusive Target.

Totally in for $20 if he decided to stream. Unless it's Dota. Then I'll pay him $20 just to stop streaming Dota.

jaina

Dan is a good pick for the first personal list.
Relative positions of Hitman, Overwatch (and to a lesser extend DOOM and Tf2) will spark a lot of discussion.

popo

I don't really like solo streams or kids - so I am not bothered either way.

If Brad isn't going to do an EL stream though he should stop teasing it. Unless he is specifically trolling, in which case - bravo!

Tested is Anime

ComicVine is Gamespot

Giant Bomb last man standing

Yeah, I mentioned in that thread that I wondered if Giant Bomb was ever approached about being included or not. The second thing I thought, is that Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth are both $5 a month, I wonder what the difference is in the amount of content each site puts out.

Yeah, I mentioned in that thread that I wondered if Giant Bomb was ever approached about being included or not. The second thing I thought, is that Giant Bomb and Rooster Teeth are both $5 a month, I wonder what the difference is in the amount of content each site puts out.

To be fair, one site is good and one site is garbage so...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb is owned by CBS. Would be a weird deal to sign, I think

kai3345

Banned

We definitely put out more content than Giant Bomb. But we also have probably 30x the staff.

Meguro

Banned
At least Brad didn't have to yell at anyone in this thread this time.
Looking forward to all the GOTY content and the solo stream where Brad plays Dota 2 for 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom