• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Thanks. It's just like... I understand if you're with someone who likes you more than you like them you don't wanna waste their time any more but like, she could've just put shit on auto pilot for a little bit and not ruined my fucking Christmas. New Year's is gonna be hard enough.

there's no good time to end a relationship unfortunately

if it makes you feel any better i plan to murder the entire party in SprawlGAF

So I've been playing Mother 3, which has been delightful so far, except for one small issue. In the few hours I've played I have seen a single black character. His sprite looks like this:

Reggie.png

His name is Reggie. He, inexplicably, lives in a teepee. He speaks in the third person and appears to commune with nature.

I mean, maybe they redeem it later on in the game, but woof, you guys. This is on some '50s Disney cartoon shit.

I can't say I developed any sort of bond with trico as a character so for me Last Guardian was just a decent but unspectacular series of puzzles with a cool cutscene at the end. I liked the art design/atmosphere of the environment.

So I've been playing Mother 3, which has been delightful so far, except for one small issue. In the few hours I've played I have seen a single black character. His sprite looks like this:

His name is Reggie. He, inexplicably, lives in a teepee. He speaks in the third person and appears to commune with nature.

I mean, maybe they redeem it later on in the game, but woof, you guys. This is on some '50s Disney cartoon shit.

You just need to accept that people who enjoy JRPGs are probably racist homophobes friend.

Thanks. It's just like... I understand if you're with someone who likes you more than you like them you don't wanna waste their time any more but like, she could've just put shit on auto pilot for a little bit and not ruined my fucking Christmas. New Year's is gonna be hard enough.

Really looking forward to GOTY. I foresee a lot of long, podcast-laden walks in my near future.

Sorry to hear that, my man. It's weird that people seem to do such a thing before holiday related things from what I read, do they think the holidays would soften the blow? lol. Whatever man, you're better off in the end. Just be glad she decided to do so early rather than way deep into it. What you do now of course is focus on yourself, friends, loved ones, family, us.etc you know people that are here and there for you. Also, do the things that you love doing. Don't rush things and just move with the flow, don't worry about "loving" or being in a "relationship" these things come natural. You just have to have time and patience for that shit.

Beastcast this weak starting off kinda dumb with vinny doing silly kid cartoon voices, but it ended up great with all the New Jersey New York stuff.

Loved Alex's NJ impression, "heeeey, I'm talkin down your place of residence ovah herrre!"

Really looking forward to GOTY. I foresee a lot of long, podcast-laden walks in my near future.

Sorry to hear that, been there and it sucks. Try not to isolate yourself hang out with friends and family and just focus on what's important. Definitely a good time for some entertaining GB content!

justjim89

Again, I appreciate all the advice and support from y'all. I'll be ok I swear.

Not for nothing, but the orgy bit on today's Beastcast is immediately in my top five favorite Beastcast conversations of all time. That was great.

Meneses

Welp, Nier: Automata just moved right up to the top of my "must buy" lists.

Gravity Rush 2 demo is also great.

Gonna start Let it Die now.

Strax

What are your favourite Xmas movies GB GAF?

Mine are Jingle All the Way, Miracle on 34th Street (1994) and Santa Claus: The Movie.

Á Tæpasta Vaði
(Die Hard)
and Aleinn Heima 2: Týndur í Nýju Jórvík
(Home Alone 2: Lost in New York)

Volotaire

Oh, how could I forget The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Both the animation and live action. I adore the Narnia series. Shoutout to Die Hard too.

I am ready for the GOTY stuff! Working between Christmas and New years doesn't seem so bad now! Think i will sweep up the number #1'to #5 if i dont own it yet.

oti

Banned
Someone shop Brad's face in the Home Alone poster plz.

rTdbwqwO0N3SJb-q6tgSStqLbfPe-JTtXFXMDxCG-1kqiqc7BImqhNTxX5v1Xegocpk=w300

You could also add "Extra Life Stream" and change the guys in the background with DotA hats or something.

What are your favourite Xmas movies GB GAF?

Mine are Jingle All the Way, Miracle on 34th Street (1994) and Santa Claus: The Movie.

Jingle All The Way, Lethal Weapon, Trading Places, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Die Hard, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Ref, The Snowman & It's A Wonderful Life.

While I wouldn't say A Christmas Carol(2009) is one of my favorites, I do love some of it's disturbing imagery.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I finished Inside. I don't really care for Inside and don't think the ending was as carzy as I was led to believe.

Also: I hate christmas movies. Die Hard is the only good Christmas movie cause it has nothing to do with christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom