• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I would be very surprised if Stardew and OW are not Dan's top 2 games. Hitman 3rd then everything else.

Yeah but I think OW takes #1. Longer tail plus he was able to play co-op with his now-fiancee, whereas Stardew they just both played it at the same time

hamchan

The CollectSHUN year and Mario Party Destroys Video Games year were great but I wasn't too into the youtube skits. Would much rather have couch segments than that. Might get some great moments like when they did Singstar.

Wunder

The CollectSHUN year and Mario Party Destroys Video Games year were great but I wasn't too into the youtube skits. Would much rather have couch segments than that. Might get some great moments like when they did Singstar.

Singstar moment was amazing, I always thought it was a UPF moment but nope!

Anjin M

The Workplace is by far my favourite skit

i would watch 4-6 episodes of that
I was actually a little disappointed that the whole week wasn't just The Workplace episodes. Thankfully what they really did was good. :)
Singstar moment was amazing, I always thought it was a UPF moment but nope!
Still proud that we had a hand in making that happen.
Welp.
Just got dumped two days before Christmas
, so I guess it's time to watch the Kirby's Epic Yarn QL and drink until I remember feelings other than crippling depression and regret.
Kirby will never do you wrong.

Meneses

Finished Titanfall's campaign. It was alright. A bit less boring than Doom, at least.

edit: shit, Jim, that sucks. Hang in there.

justjim89

Hah I just made a thread about this happening to me two weeks ago. How long was yours?

Only two months, but it was one of those where just everything clicked and was easy and feelings developed really fast. For me at least.

And thanks, y'all. Not trying to clog up the thread with my personal bullshit, but I don't get out a lot and sometimes this is the most social interaction I have.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Only two months, but it was one of those where just everything clicked and was easy and feelings developed really fast. For me at least.

And thanks, y'all. Not trying to clog up the thread with my personal bullshit, but I don't get out a lot and sometimes this is the most social interaction I have.

We're a community, friend. We're here for you.

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/812416714679824384

Brad Extra Life Steam after GOTY.

post-40082-Obama-Not-Sure-gif-Imgur-nmRo.gif

justjim89

We're a community, friend. We're here for you.

Thanks. It's just like... I understand if you're with someone who likes you more than you like them you don't wanna waste their time any more but like, she could've just put shit on auto pilot for a little bit and not ruined my fucking Christmas. New Year's is gonna be hard enough.

Really looking forward to GOTY. I foresee a lot of long, podcast-laden walks in my near future.

I remember I got dumped in the middle of exams. That shit was stone cold.

On one side I can appreciate bailing from a relationship as quick as possible but shit. Sometimes wait a week.

Volotaire

Wait... The SNES Virtual Machine on 3DS is only for the New 3DS?

This is some Grade A Nintendo Bullshit ugh

The normal 3DS is not powerful enough to run SNES games through emulation accurately or with speed in a variety of games. This has been illustrated in the homebrew scene. The New 3DS's snappier CPU helps with this. Another relevant fact is that the Nintendo Ambassador GBA games are run natively through the chipset.

It's a shame, but nothing can really be done about it.

Joeku

So I'm trying to work my way through The Last Guardian before the GotYcasts because I'm sure it's gonna get spoiled. Maybe not best story, but in best moments? Any suggestions for people to try to wrap up to not get that spoiled during the casts?

To that end, for sure play Inside if you were planning on it. Lots there. Firewatch too. Titanfall 2 has a quick campaign and I'm damn sure they'll mention that in best moment. Also they're going to talk about the Witness enough (I friggin' hope) that it will spoil what that game is if you don't know.

Megasoum

Banned
The normal 3DS is not powerful enough to run SNES games through emulation accurately or with speed in a variety of games. This has been illustrated in the homebrew scene. The New 3DS's snappier CPU helps with this.

It's a shame, but nothing can really be done about it.

Yeah that's what I guessed... I wanted to play LTTP...

It's funny how my 3DS is pretty much a Zelda machine... The only games I have are Ocarina, Majora, LBW and it's the golden LBW 3DS.

I just went through the whole EShop and there's just nothing interesting.

StoveOven

Banned
So I'm trying to work my way through The Last Guardian before the GotYcasts because I'm sure it's gonna get spoiled. Maybe not best story, but in best moments? Any suggestions for people to try to wrap up to not get that spoiled during the casts?

To that end, for sure play Inside if you were planning on it. Lots there. Firewatch too. Titanfall 2 has a quick campaign and I'm damn sure they'll mention that in best moment. Also they're going to talk about the Witness enough (I friggin' hope) that it will spoil what that game is if you don't know.

Last Guardian came out during their recording and I don't think any of them got very far before they were done. You should probably be pretty safe there.

So uh, I've got some plans for the GOTY thread

but before I commit to my insane drawings, I'll outreach here-
Do you guys have any gifs/pictures of the duders From this year that you would like to see as their picture in the OP?

kai3345

Banned
So uh, I've got some plans for the GOTY thread

but before I commit to my insane drawings, I'll outreach here-
Do you guys have any gifs/pictures of the duders From this year that you would like to see as their picture in the OP?

I can't find it but that pic of dan from hoodslam looking like a huge asshole in that gold jacket

Mass Effect 2 over RDR is a travesty. And while the game has grown on me over the years, I'm not sure how Saints Row the Third got so high in a list. I'm guessing it's mainly the influence of Jeff who I have vastly different taste in games with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom