• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

pfoKZ3z.gif

hamchan

Just to counter the Deus Ex Mankind Divided negativity, while the main story itself feels disappointing, half finished and ends abruptly, the actual length of the game is quite long, the side quests are absolutely ace in terms of writing, and the game design is as good as Deus Ex has ever been.

It's a fantastic game that's only like $20 on Steam right now.

Tagyhag

How long do you think it will take Vinny to earnestly say, "Why do we have to shit on these great games? They're all good!"

I think that's what they all hate about the top 10 deliberations.

That's why they're always like "By the way, these games are all mentioned here for a reason, they're all great"

hamchan

I have a feeling Civ 6 might make it since Alex is the only one who has seemed to put a lot of time, if any, into it. So when he says it's fantastic and the rest of the internet says it's fantastic, who is everyone else to argue against that? I guess the plot sucks on Wikipedia could be an argument.

Hindl

I have a feeling Civ 6 might make it since Alex is the only one who has seemed to put a lot of time, if any, into it. So when he says it's fantastic and the rest of the internet says it's fantastic, who is everyone else to argue against that? I guess the plot sucks on Wikipedia could be an argument.

Alex won't fight for it under pressure

oti

Banned

Alex: So Civ 6. *long pause* I kinda like it?
Jeff: Whatever. Look at this shooter. It got guns.

oti

Banned
I kinda like a clicker game?
It's called Wokamon and you earn points by clicking (duh) and walking. For every step you take your ugly Pokémon clone grows stronger.

xuchu

I have a feeling GOTY is going come down to Doom vs Hitman with Hitman beating it.

Jeff is going argue that Doom's post release content has been poor but he may also say that Hitman is janky in places. Dan, Brad and Vinny will say that the jankiness adds to the charm.

I have a feeling GOTY is going come down to Doom vs Hitman with Hitman beating it.

Jeff is going argue that Doom's post release content has been poor but he may also say that Hitman is janky in places. Dan, Brad and Vinny will say that the jankiness adds to the charm.

I think it will come down to Brad.

If Hitman won him over so much it goes over Doom and his iD nostalgia then thats that.

They should save Brads top 10 list until last. He is the kingmaker. He clearly loves Doom. If he loved Hitman more that I would not want to be on the other side of that fight.

oti

Banned
Let me repeat: Brad would make sweet love with DOOM if he could. No way, NO WAY, would he pick Hitman over DOOM.

Joeku

Either Hitman or Doom, I think this is the first time I agree with a GB top two. And if Titanfall comes in at 3, that would be crazy. Probably where it is for me.

Meneses

Let me repeat: Brad would make sweet love with DOOM if he could. No way, NO WAY, would he pick Hitman over DOOM.

I agree, zero chance he or Jeff choose Hitman.

I could see something like "we all think so highly of it, while a couple of us don't really care for game A, B or C", but even then I think it's unlikely.

Tagyhag

Overwatch will be a tough sell because I think Alex was the only one that was still playing it and they will use that against it.

xuchu

On the other side (as much as I like the game) I think Vinny is going to go ham on the witness. He may even bring notes.

I have faith in the process. Overwatch will sweep it.

Though mostly, I'm hoping Dan fulfills his destiny and gets Stardew Valley in the top ten. Of any game this year, I really think it deserves some serious acclaim; it's incredible on so many levels.

I have no issue with Skyrim beating Saints Row 3.

But the way it won was fucked up. Ryan didnt even play Skyrim but he gave it to it anyway just because. Not cool Taswell. NOT COOL.

Meguro

Banned
SR3 vs Skyrim was where I was almost convinced the whole thing is staged because that backstab by Ryan at the end was way too savage to be non-scripted.

kadotsu

Banned
Were there even clean faces and sex doll models in Skyrim by the time they voted on it vs. SR3? Time has proven them right but at that point no one could see how culturally important Skyrim would become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom