• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Just a total bloodbath. The final hour of the podcast was solely dedicated to saints row 3 vs skyrim

Will Smith doesn't want the wrong game to win again.
But Overwatch would also be the wrong game

Let me repeat: Brad would make sweet love with DOOM if he could. No way, NO WAY, would he pick Hitman over DOOM.

I think collectively their GOTY doesn't really makes much sense to be anything but Hitman. They really enjoyed DOOM but at the same time it's pretty much a one and done playthrough while they played Hitman all year. Also, I think FPS-wise Jeff might actually would prefer Titanfall 2 over DOOM.

Let me repeat: Brad would make sweet love with DOOM if he could. No way, NO WAY, would he pick Hitman over DOOM.

Eh, if you told me at the beginning of last year that dan's 2015 GOTY would be anything other than mgsv, I'd think you'd be crazy. This is a very similar situation. And like mario maker, brad has way more great memories and experiences playing hitman throughout the year.

#HitmanGOTY

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad also has a lot of bad memories of Hitman

You're crazy if you think Brad is picking anything at number 1 over Doom. Dan is a MGS fanboy but he's also a Mario fanboy. Brad lives for old school FPSes and plays Doom all the time. This is the first Hitman he's even liked.

justjim89

I'm fine with Doom or Hitman, although Hitman seems like the right pick for Giant Bomb specifically. Overwatch winning would honestly frustrate me, just because I got so bored of that game and the lack of any feeling of progression.

My prediction:

1. Hitman
2. Doom
3. Overwatch
4. The Witness
5. Titanfall 2
6. Inside
7. Super Hot
8. Watch_Dogs 2
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Stardew Valley

The further down the list goes, the less confident I get. But those have to be the top three, the only question is the order.
You think Brad likes looking at all the speculation about GOTY and laughing at how off-base our predictions are?

Finished Inside! What a game, what a game...
Do it all in one sitting with headphones, if you can/if you enjoy playing that way.
Did it in one sitting, but no headphones. I have a great 5.1 system though so I think I got most of that experience.
I need to get Inside at some point.

You should get Thumper if you don't have it. It's really top tier VR.
You should definitely get Inside. It's on sale on Steam right now I believe. And yeah I fully intend to get Thumper! Those usually aren't my kind of games but it being playable in VR is enough to push me to play it.

Brad also has a lot of bad memories of Hitman

You're crazy if you think Brad is picking anything at number 1 over Doom. Dan is a MGS fanboy but he's also a Mario fanboy. Brad lives for old school FPSes and plays Doom all the time. This is the first Hitman he's even liked.

Brad has done a similar thing before in 2010 though. Brad was a huge Starcraft fan and gushed over Starcraft 2, while never really being a fan of rockstars' past stuff. And we know what happened that year.

Anyway, all of this is just speculation, and I am very exited to see his list

qe8UACAl.png

Meneses

I'm fine with Doom or Hitman, although Hitman seems like the right pick for Giant Bomb specifically. Overwatch winning would honestly frustrate me, just because I got so bored of that game and the lack of any feeling of progression.

My prediction:

1. Hitman
2. Doom
3. Overwatch
4. The Witness
5. Titanfall 2
6. Inside
7. Super Hot
8. Watch_Dogs 2
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Stardew Valley

The further down the list goes, the less confident I get. But those have to be the top three, the only question is the order.
You think Brad likes looking at all the speculation about GOTY and laughing at how off-base our predictions are?

That top 5 looks super probable, maybe switching Doom with Hitman (and then maybe Hitman with Overwatch), and Witness with Titanfall. The rest yeah, it's a bit harder to guess.

If Overwatch wins i'm cancelling my sub.

not really.

Bulby333

Neo Member
I'm gonna be a little bummed out if their Game of the Year content is the same as the last few years. They haven't been bad necessarily I just would like to see them do something a little different.

Tagyhag

I'm gonna be a little bummed out if their Game of the Year content is the same as the last few years. They haven't been bad necessarily I just would like to see them do something a little different.

They're not doing skits this year, we're getting video content with the whole gang instead.

I'll be perfectly fine with DOOM™, HITMAN™, or Overwatch being #1. Feels good to finally not have a single definitive horse to back this year.

but if the top 3 isn't some combination of those exact three imma flip my shit

Zacagawea

Why are even talking about it winning. Overwatch isn't going to win. I realized this a couple months ago when Jeff said something on the podcast along the lines of he felt like nobody was still talking about it. (lol ok)
If he doesn't like it and Brad doesn't care it has no chance.

I'll be perfectly fine with DOOM™, HITMAN™, or Overwatch being #1. Feels good to finally not have a single definitive horse to back this year.

but if the top 3 isn't some combination of those exact three imma flip my shit

It's just impressive how we could have a repeat of 2015 where the two objective best games of the year are #1 and #2.

Yeah Overwatch winning is crazy, it's not happening. Jeff and Brad have so much sway in these lists. Top 3 wouldn't surprise me, but number one is never gonna happen. My money is still on DOOM.

It's nice having a year where there are a good 4 or more games that I would be totally cool with winning their GOTY

neshcom

Banned
Hitman and Doom are definitely top 2, Overwatch in top 5.

I think there's definitely a chance for a wildcard. Google Earth VR or Oculus Medium or Superhot VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom