• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I doubt Deus Ex will appear. I don't think they've mentioned it at all since it launched. The only thing keeping Mankind Divided from being 2016's most forgetable AAA title is that Quantum Break came out

Deus Ex barely made my list and I am a big Deus Ex guy.

oti

Banned
Watch Dogs 2 has a solid chance at like 10. It's a long shot, but far from "lol, as if"

Firewatch has no chance.

Only because of Jeff though. He likes the youth culture in the game and that's cool. But the game itself is unremarkable. I don't know if that's enough.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think there will be a Gears 4 versus Uncharted 4 fight and Jeff will say some pretty dumb stuff.

Uncharted will 50/50 make the list

Gears 4 will be a lock.

i liked Gears 4 but i can't say i remember much about it, and i just played it like 2 months ago

i'm expecting Dan to fight for UC4 but Brad and Vinny will probably be indifferent, with Jeff harping on how slow it starts

oti

Banned
Alex was pretty into it as well, and Dan was enjoying what he played last time he mentioned it.

Must have missed that.

For all the talk about how amazing this year for video games was seeing Watch Dogs 2 on it would be pretty grounding.

There was a glitch on Xbox and I got the game for free. I love the style. The game seems kinda meh though.
It's more remarkable than Gears 4. Gears of Gears.
What isn't?

Probably not. I'm thinking stardew, inside, overwatch, hitman, doom, titanfall and the witness are locks.

That leaves 3 spots between Uncharted, Thumper, Gears 4, Firewatch, Watch Dogs 2, Superhot, Overcooked, Abzu, Forza Horizon 3, Ratchet & Clank, The Division and Deus Ex.

Eh maybe it will. I think it deserves the spot, just matters how hard Brad and Dan will fight for it.

Was SUPERHOT VR available when they were doing the deliberations? If so, that could be lock. Also, I don't think Stardew is necessarily a lock as only Dan really fell for it? I would love to see it on there. I don't think the last three you listed or Abzu or Thumper have a chance. To me those three spots are between Uncharted, Gears, Firewatch, Watch Dogs 2, Forza Horizon 3, and Overcooked (in that order of likeliness!)

def sim

Deadly Premonition is dope and I love it, but it's a bad video game.

Anyway, neither Gears nor Uncharted would be in my top 10. I had my fun with them, but found both largely unremarkable in a year like this one.

Salarians

I've been watching the Deadly Premonition ER during the break and man, this game sucks
tumblr_n8ikdnXPmt1tf1l41o1_500.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only Dan really played Stardew Valley but they were already recognizing the quality of it even before playing it. Jeff said he hadn't started it because he knew he'd get hooked. It's got more of a case than say Invisible Inc had.

And I'm pretty sure only one person played witcher 2 when that got on the list. Same with Witcher 3.
That IP needs a reboot.

MS: "Hey everyone! Remember Gears?"
Everyone: "I guess?"

Jeff was saying 'man I'm ready for a new Gears' before it came out. It's crazy to me that he thinks stuff like God of War, Assassin's Creed or Killzone is stale but so many of them are all on board for a new Gears

oti

Banned
Jeff was saying 'man I'm ready for a new Gears' before it came out. It's crazy to me that he thinks stuff like God of War, Assassin's Creed or Killzone is stale but so many of them are all on board for a new Gears
Another example of why Jeff makes no sense. It makes his opinions pretty surprising and fun though.

Nobody needed another Gears like this (I've played all GoW games and bought 4 recently, just to be clear). And don't get me wrong, I'd say the same thing about Uncharted 4 if it wasn't for the better writing in that game at least.

But give that guy a modern weapon and Jeff will like pretty much any shooter to some degree.

OR HE'S PAID BY MS PROVE ME WRONG.

It's kinda interesting to see Jeff get so into Let it Die but he doesn't really like any of the souls games? Maybe this will be his gateway drug into going back and playing bloodborne... One can dream

MD is a sad, pale shadow of Deus Ex. I don't think it's very good on its own merits either. That series deserves better writers. Like, a LOT better.

Yeah. I agree,

But I got to admit the current theory of
You are not the real Jensen and the real one was in a box in that vault
is real cool.

I wonder if they make a sequel. Didnt seem like MD did well. A shame because Human Revolution was mostly great outside some spots. They just took too long with the sequel then it didnt feel like it evolved all that much in the half decade since the last game.

I really enjoyed Mankind Divided but in many ways it felt like an expansion pack of Human Revolution released five years later...with a not very good arcade mode.

I'm interested to see if Brad fights for Inside. Seeing it in the top 10 lists from other sites, I might be in the minority in thinking it's of a low quality.

oti

Banned
I really enjoyed Mankind Divided but in many ways it felt like an expansion pack of Human Revolution released five years later...with a not very good arcade mode.

I'm interested to see if Brad fights for Inside. Seeing it in the top 10 lists from other sites, I might be in the minority in thinking it's of a low quality.

Of course he will.

Agent York Morgan is legitimately one of the best and most memorable MCs in video games. I could listen to that dude talk to himself about movies and punk rock for hours.

TraBuch

Banned
Is MD decent if I just want to play more HR? Like, I don't care if the gameplay is evolved at all. I'd take the same gameplay with a new setting.

Is MD decent if I just want to play more HR? Like, I don't care if the gameplay is evolved at all. I'd take the same gameplay with a new setting.

Yes the gameplay is absolutely identical. It's one of the reasons why some people were disappointed (I wasn't though). Great game.

SamNW

I sure hope he does. Best game of the year, in my opinion. Luckily, it seems like he'll have backup. Dan and Drew liked it a lot, if I remember right. Jeff as well, to a lesser degree.
Finished Doom! Bit long for my taste, but a fantastic game. Now I just need to play through (all of) Inside today!
Do it all in one sitting with headphones, if you can/if you enjoy playing that way.

A Very Ryckert Christmas 2016
On a cold December night, Papa Ryckert left the Red Balloon, got comfy in the therapy recliner, and dug up old memories of throwing turtles into the woods.
Filed Under: Slash, Sleeping, World War I, Squirrel, Reincarnation, Opossum, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bar, Hat

Gears has that horde mode that they all liked though.

yes, that is the best thing in the game
attempt for all 50 waves on thursday's vid

So Ima buy Stardew Valley

Anything I should know? I heard you could choose what kind of Farm you wanted? Also is there a mod to make the possible relationship people
cute
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom