• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Best wishes to Jeff's mum and all of his family.

That was rough to hear, I'm glad he felt he could share. I feel like it just recently clicked for me that my parents are slowly getting up there, which in turn has made me more aware of all the stuff that can come along with that. Hope his mom has a speedy recovery.

Meneses

Yeah, best wishes to Jeff's mum.

Owlboy seems pretty great but that kinda washed out look is bumming me out, I expected a bit more vibrant colors.

Mupod

I really liked Bloodlines when I played through it for the first time last year. It seemed really weird to me that Vinnyvania was playing it up as some unfairly difficult game when I blew through it no problem. Granted Eric is way better than Morris.

Anyone of you played Castlevania The Adventure back then on the Game Boy? I loved that game.

I played the Wiiware remake a few days ago as my yearly Castlevania playthrough. It was way better than I expected, but I don't remember enough of the GB original to compare it. In fact the only thing I remembered was giant rolling eyeballs.

It was pretty easy for a 2D Castlevania and would make a good Vinnyvania if they go for it. Lots of key doors and branching paths would be interesting - I know I ended up bypassing one problematic sub-boss by taking an alternate route.

Zaph

Owlboy seems pretty great but that kinda washed out look is bumming me out, I expected a bit more vibrant colors.

I wanted to play something out of my comfort zone. 45 minutes later:

3tST62t.png

Turns out comfort zones are pretty good. Can't wait for indie devs to get over this hollow nostalgia kick.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to play something out of my comfort zone. 45 minutes later:

3tST62t.png

Turns out comfort zones are pretty good. Can't wait for indie devs to get over this hollow nostalgia kick.
Well, they started making this game in 2007.

Megasoum

Banned
Well, what is it then?? I like myself some gossip, but I will not watch a Gamespot Call of Duty video.

You can see things in the background of that video that shouldn't be seen publicly and Respawn could potentially get in a lot of trouble because of it.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Loving Alex's drum face, he's real good, I don't normally donate to these things but something about Alex actually participating in a physical activity (that he's clearly really good at) makes me think he deserves some of my money.

Alex says Hitman is super good. Vinny will (maybe?) enjoy it on his extra life stream.

Definitely will be high on the GOTY list with GBEAST support.

imBask

Banned
keep those Brad tweets around, they'll be useful in this thread during GOTY talk when he turns on all of us and votes for DOOM

KingKong

what is bad about it?

I wouldn't say it's bad but for me (2 hours in) it's just not that engaging. The puzzles, level design, combat, bosses are all very simple and easy and the controls are just awkward enough to not feel good, especially when you're trying to pick up objects

You can see things in the background of that video that shouldn't be seen publicly and Respawn could potentially get in a lot of trouble because of it.

First off, I assume you mean Infinity Ward? Second, I'll bite. What is it? Because I watched and didn't see anything that would get them in trouble. Though maybe I just don't know what I was supposed to be looking for.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think he's talking about a dev unit in one shot. Like...well it's a box with USB-ports...

FStop7

Banned
Season 1 Hitman unlocks will carry over?

Pack up yer suitcase, Explosive Rubber Duck. You and I are on our way to Season 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom