• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

Starting to get frustrated with Titanfall 2 MP. I know I suck, but also I'm kinda questioning the design choice of allowing an invisibility cloak as an upgrade in a game with such a low TTK.

I like how so many folks decry comparing Rocket League to soccer, and then in Danny's doc every single developer calls it "soccer with cars" over and over and over.

Also, the guy who made the .gif pronounces it like the peanut butter

0mw1I8e.gif

Finally listening to the recent Beastcast, and I was kind of hoping they'd talk about the Rimworld debacle. Moreso for their thoughts on game "fair game" analysis than the meltdown parts.

Kind of makes me want to shoot them an email. But eh.
I like how so many folks decry comparing Rocket League to soccer, and then in Danny's doc every single developer calls it "soccer with cars" over and over and over.

But... it is soccer with cars.

It's only Lucioball that is a completely unique and unheard-of sport.

Man, 100ft Robot Golf is trying so hard to be funny and so little to be actually fun you'd think it was a Suda51 game.

I thought you guys said the McElroys were funny.

Starting to get frustrated with Titanfall 2 MP. I know I suck, but also I'm kinda questioning the design choice of allowing an invisibility cloak as an upgrade in a game with such a low TTK.

The cloak only works against electronics. If your on foot you stick out like a mother fucker.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Austin said they would archive everything. But their site isn't really build for something like that. Maybe they're going to start a youtube channel or something like that.

tonka

No. And if Twitch failed to archive it AND Waypoint didn't do their own local back-up, it may be lost to history. I didn't get a chance to watch it.

I don't think that it was twitch's fault (at least not 100%) you do have to enable the automatic archiving since the whole 2 weeks of archive hubbub from a while ago just before/after the ps4 launch I think.

Austin was saying they'd archive it, so there is hope, but the videos so far have been region locked for me, so there's also that.

I too did not get to see it live because time zones

I don't think that it was twitch's fault (at least not 100%) you do have to enable the automatic archiving since the whole 2 weeks of archive hubbub from a while ago just before/after the ps4 launch I think.

Austin was saying they'd archive it, so there is hope, but the videos so far have been region locked for me, so there's also that.

I too did not get to see it live because time zones

Earlier the same week of the Waypoint stream, Kinda Funny lost one of their Colin and Greg Live episodes that week because Twitch inexplicably did not archive the show (every other episode that week archived properly). I thought that was an odd coincidence to have both channels not archive something within days of each other.

Salarians

Ok I really don't like this golf game. I didn't like playing Roundabout but it was funny and weird in a way I enjoyed. I like some of the art but everything else about this looks aggressively anti-fun to me.

Edit:
oh it's MAC-uhl-roy

I thought it was mick-EL-roy

Edit again:
this Wash_Doegz Too ad with short clips of famous (?) youtubers playing the game sure is making me not want to play it

SomberOwl

I wonder what Jeff has planned for his stream. Do you think he will Skype in people to banter / play with like Vinny did with Austin or go completely solo the whole time?

When Brad agrees to voice them

Only if he does it in this accent.

Well, Austin said they would archive everything. But their site isn't really build for something like that. Maybe they're going to start a youtube channel or something like that.

giant bomb at this waypoint site thing
https://youtu.be/LMWN_UfFlms?t=5873

Yess. Austin mentioned it in Vinny's EL that it'll be up by Monday.

So I run the Video Game Art Archive, a blog where I buy classic video games and extract old video game artwork at super high resolutions for people to use.

Today's art: Tetris Battle Gaiden.

tumblr_ocgpivxbF41tu022ro1_500.png
tumblr_ocgpm2hZ0Z1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpomjFzr1tu022ro1_250.png

tumblr_ocgpulvhqs1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgptjK56H1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpr36Iwe1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpq1ScsV1tu022ro1_250.png

Much higher resolutions at the link.

Beautiful stuff!

So I run the Video Game Art Archive, a blog where I buy classic video games and extract old video game artwork at super high resolutions for people to use.

Much higher resolutions at the link.

Nice! I've been following the blog for a while. Really appreciate the work.

The game moves so fast, I rarely if ever see them coming on foot either. :/

Really? I can spot those jelly blobs from across the map. Only time its difficult is if they are still, which is hard to do when you have the abillity to move any where on the map in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom