• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I'm not sure that's a fact, considering the DF video review says the opposite (they even say Tomb Raider is "night and day"). But he's definitely entitled to that opinion.

That they called night and day didn't impress me at all though. Yeah the image quality was cleaner with the supersampling, but I wouldn't call it night and day. And I really wouldn't call that a must have upgrade if all I had was a 1080p TV. Better framerates and actually more visual effects are more impressive, but few and far between as of now.

Between Robot Golf and Dangerous Golf, it's been a really grim year for golf games, huh?

For RG, it feels like the (2D) character art belongs to a different game from the rest of it.

Between Robot Golf and Dangerous Golf, it's been a really grim year for golf games, huh?

For RG, it feels like the (2D) character art belongs to a different game from the rest of it.

it'd be nice if we got that new Minna no Golf game, but basically I've just been playing Neo Turf Masters on ipad since someone told me about the port.

Xater

it'd be nice if we got that new Minna no Golf game, but basically I've just been playing Neo Turf Masters on ipad since someone told me about the port.

Yeah Minna no Golf is taking forever, but I also still fear they are going to fuck that game up by adding all that shit around the golfing itself. Neo Turf Masters is pretty much my go to as well these days because of the iOS port.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff will be on DLC podcast, whatever that is, at 11am (pacific? I dont fucking know, I'm in Europe)

daveo42

Banned
Catching up on UPFs from the past two weeks. Halloween stream was actually pretty good. Mary reppin' Gravity Rush makes up for her hatin' on Cincinnati.

Also, super excited for more Tee K.O. after the Extralife Stream.

Vinnys physio killer approach to Hitman sure in unorthodox but it works.

Also him losing it when he trows a item at someone is great. That 1 second half sentence the other person makes before being nailed really is a great touch from IO.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
100 ft Robot Golf seems like somebody made a game based around a bad, drunk joke idea for a game

"Hehe, wouldn't it be funny if there was a golf game but you played with, like, robots?"

Edit: Is there no music during in this game?
Also, if you want a legit good goofy Golfgame, check out Vertiginous Golf. I liked that very much

100 ft Robot Golf seems like somebody made a game based around a bad, drunk joke idea for a game

"Hehe, wouldn't it be funny if there was a golf game but you played with, like, robots?"

Also, if you want a legit good goofy Golfgame, check out Vertiginous Golf. I liked that very much

Vertiginous Golf looked so good that I'm surprised they gave it away for free that one time on Steam.

And re: music, it would only get in the way of the biting McElroy commentary.

neshcom

Banned

I feel like golf games don't traditionally have music during gameplay, but it does seem like the anime segments are really bare.
Hot Shots sleeping on this generation is a huge fucking shame. What have ClapHanz been doing all this time?

Fantastapotamus

I feel like golf games don't traditionally have music during gameplay, but it does seem like the anime segments are really bare.
Hot Shots sleeping on this generation is a huge fucking shame. What have ClapHanz been doing all this time?

I feel like that would make sense for an actual Golf game were you have to think about stuff like terrain and wind but this game seems more like "Just hit the ball, I dunno" so some music would have been nice. Then again, nothing about this game looks good to me anyway so music or not I wouldn't have bought it.

Edit: Man, even the multiplayer looks boring. What a shame

They're making a golf game. It was announced last year and everyone promptly forgot it exists.

Xater

Pretty sure the devs talked about this game being based on a bad joke during the Unfinished.

neshcom

Banned
They're making a golf game. It was announced last year and everyone promptly forgot it exists.
Sure, but the whole dev cycle on it feels like it started super late. I remember them putting out a call to hire new devs after the PS4 released. Probably being unreasonable and uninformed, but HSG feels like a launch-adjacent series.

The cnet talk in the PS4 Pro thread is painful.

It's further proof that review threads are 95% validation and 5% actual discussion.

Seriously, theyre the most embarrassing threads on GAF by far most of the time. The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 review threads are some of the most cringey things I've ever read.

Xater

It's further proof that review threads are 95% validation and 5% actual discussion.

Seriously, theyre the most embarrassing threads on GAF by far most of the time. The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 review threads are some of the most cringey things I've ever read.

Which is why they are mostly just good at being able to point and laugh at people.

Salarians

Mass Effect trailer

tumblr_mo9rchtlIA1svus96o1_250.gif

Sure, but the whole dev cycle on it feels like it started super late. I remember them putting out a call to hire new devs after the PS4 released. Probably being unreasonable and uninformed, but HSG feels like a launch-adjacent series.

In general, it took PS4-era Sony forever to announce games aimed at Japan. All time classics like Knack were a higher priority.

Johndoey

Banned
The reveal and info will out for Andromeda has been bizzarre so far. "Hey it exist" followed by pseudo dev diary, then two minute walking segment to show off particle effects, newsletter trailer, now a cinematic teaser.

Why make the gap between cinematic trailer and the reveal the long? Drop the trailer like two days before the full reveal, it'd be one thing if this was the first we've seen of the game but that's not the case.

killroy87

That they called night and day didn't impress me at all though. Yeah the image quality was cleaner with the supersampling, but I wouldn't call it night and day. And I really wouldn't call that a must have upgrade if all I had was a 1080p TV. Better framerates and actually more visual effects are more impressive, but few and far between as of now.

Were you just watching on YouTube? Because they mentioned numerous times that many of the benefits are incredibly difficult to see with online video compression. I agree that the video didn't wow me, but I'm going to take them at their word.

Plus, as they mentioned, it's a $399 box, so your expectations kind of need to be in check.

Fantastapotamus

Mass Effect trailer

tumblr_mo9rchtlIA1svus96o1_250.gif

Right? It's basically just "Oh [Protagonist] you are the [title]!" and then a bunch of explosions and characters saying dramatic stuff. I was hoping to see...I dunno some peaceful environments. Cities, Space Stations something. Will there even be cities and space stations anymore?

Zaph

Jeff has a PS4 Pro...

...but their 4K TV is still on order.

Which is the most Giant Bomb thing.

edit:

games so far don't seem to be a big difference at 1080p
Library scrolls faster!

dogpowerd

Banned

The PS VR thread is also pretty good. A bunch of people trying to convince themselves they haven't just dropped 500 bucks on the Eye Toy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom