• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the 100ft robot golf QL

reminds me why you shouldn't make game industry inside-joke video games. Roundabout was passable because....the live video was enjoyable. This tho..

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I run the Video Game Art Archive, a blog where I buy classic video games and extract old video game artwork at super high resolutions for people to use.

Today's art: Tetris Battle Gaiden.

tumblr_ocgpivxbF41tu022ro1_500.png
tumblr_ocgpm2hZ0Z1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpomjFzr1tu022ro1_250.png

tumblr_ocgpulvhqs1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgptjK56H1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpr36Iwe1tu022ro1_250.png
tumblr_ocgpq1ScsV1tu022ro1_250.png

Much higher resolutions at the link.

🙌
Somebody needs to do a ROM translation of this game. It seems to be ripe for a quick translation as there isn't that much text.

Lunar FC

I like how so many folks decry comparing Rocket League to soccer, and then in Danny's doc every single developer calls it "soccer with cars" over and over and over.

My issue isn't when people say Rocket League is like soccer, it's when some other game has gameplay that resembles soccer and immediately Rocket League is brought up for no reason whatsoever.

My issue isn't when people say Rocket League is like soccer, it's when some other game has gameplay that resembles soccer and immediately Rocket League is brought up for no reason whatsoever.

I have a similar issue with people bringing up Castlevania because a game has Metroid influence.

chogidogs

Rewatching Alex' stream. This is probably gonna be one of those GB classics you can rewatch forever like the 1st endurance run and that Battlefield Bad Company TNT.

Lo_Fi

watching the 100ft robot golf QL

reminds me why you shouldn't make game industry inside-joke video games. Roundabout was passable because....the live video was enjoyable. This tho..

I watched the 1st half of the quick look, and I make games, what are the game industry inside jokes? Is it just the fact that game industry people voice characters in the game?

Oof. This is literally your entire life if you make games. For some reason people do this really weird thing where people have to compare a game to other games when they see it the first time. That's not a thing people do for any other medium (that I've encountered), so I'm not really sure why people still do it. I mean, I'm guilty of doing it, too.

Maiorum

I watched the 1st half of the quick look, and I make games, what are the game industry inside jokes? Is it just the fact that game industry people voice characters in the game?

I think they're more referencing the journalist side of the industry, less the dev side. The only two I spotted were the ending song which plays over the credits (Lockdown, a GB favorite) and a statue of Ryan in the level.

hamchan

BT better make an appearance on best new character.

He's not a character. He's just a tool that is a slave to our whims, an object without sentience that is destined to be a sacrifice, a stepladder that we use and throw away so that we get all the glory in the end. Like Yoshi.

Anyways I'm watching the 100 ft Robot Golf QL again for some reason. It feels like the most awkward QL they've ever done, with Alex and Vinny not laughing at the jokes while trying to be as nice as possible, plus no background music further accentuates the feeling of a comedy routine bombing. It's kinda amazing.

Xater

He's not a character. He's just a tool that is a slave to our whims, an object without sentience that is destined to be a sacrifice, a stepladder that we use and throw away so that we get all the glory in the end. Like Yoshi.

Anyways I'm watching the 100 ft Robot Golf QL again for some reason. It feels like the most awkward QL they've ever done, with Alex and Vinny not laughing at the jokes while trying to be as nice as possible, plus no background music further accentuates the feeling of a comedy routine bombing. It's kinda amazing.

I don't know how you can do it. I'm with Keyser, I had to stop this early.

Watching Brad play Hitman is such an infuriating experience. He'll just run up to something and then stand completely still until he gets caught instead of following through on his idea.

derFeef

I'm only guessing but I fail to see why he'd ask about what DOOM songs would you want to see performed live if it wasn't for the Game Awards show in about 23 days.

Hah sorry. I meant that I just looked at his twitter profile and his header is from Routine, also has posted a video about it.

Im actually worried for America if they get Trump as president.

You should also be worried about the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom