• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiorum

Eh, I'm not too concerned at this point. Of course, anything can still happen, go vote and all that, but a Trump presidency seems very unlikely. The thing that troubles me now is what the nature of political discourse is going to be over the next few years. This isn't going to end with Trump.

derFeef

I just read a bit into how voting works in the USA. Really confusing. A candidate can have most votes but still do not win the election. It's all down to the electors and how many there are for each candiate per state? Confusing...

Rainmaker

Banned
I just read a bit into how voting works in the USA. Really confusing. A candidate can have most votes but still do not win the election. It's all down to the electors and how many there are for each candiate per state? Confusing...

Yeah it's a mess here

Joeku

You can vote in advance, no?
I always do so here with a voting card.

That's different on a state-by-state basis. Some make it easy to vote early (by mail or early physical voting locations) and some do the opposite, usually along racial lines. Some states have reduced the amount of early voting locations since the last election, mostly in low-income, predominantly minority areas.

Hmm...wonder why that is.

derFeef

Yeah, I like both!
It's just that in general, Giant Bomb does speak to me way more. The high-level journalism approach to gaming is not really something I am into, or seek. Not that it's bad and journalism should not improve, but it can be a bit much.

Johndoey

Banned
Oh my god.
Yep, that's how we feel. Knowing a not insignificant number of our government representatives will go to great lengths to make sure we have no power definitely makes you feel a way.

Also let me drop this not so secret secret on you, a decent few Congressman and Senators have ties with hate groups. And that's completely ignoring local officials.

strafer

holy fuck im dying here...this part :D

nK1pfLJ.png

Drew doesnt seem too amused tho

Johndoey

Banned
Waypoint got that dosh, that capital, that millennial moolah, this skrilla. Walker on that ice game, that flush life, this different rapper every day and two on Sundays life. He bout this cold clocking, this video game playing shizz.
Walker bout this institutional racism stemming from a lack of exposure life. Austin sighting that unflinching cruelty of the apathetic masses life.

Sakwoff

Happy apocalypse day, friends.

Looking forward to catch up on some Extra Life stuff I've missed. I see y'all been busy shipping Alexis/Drew as one should.

SHIT

I bought 2 more Mountain Dew bottles......I'm not proud of myself.

...I don't drink soda and ended up buying a 2liter of Dew cause it was on sale at target. grabbed the cap and dumped it and still didn't get the execution :/

Tho I do eat doritos so i got a bag and got the Target skin. Jeff is wrong btw about that skin, it unlocks for all guns and titans and looks pretty neat

Waypoint is pro Pharah/Mercy. Which Overwatch ship does Giant Bomb endorse?

wait when was this?

oti

Banned
And all of a sudden this Waifu fest Tokyo Mirage Sessions makes a social commentary on biracial people in Japan. This game is so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom