• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Brad play Hitman is such an infuriating experience. He'll just run up to something and then stand completely still until he gets caught instead of following through on his idea.

You are now painfully aware that all Brad ever does is take 2 steps, checks his surroundings, then moves again. He's never moved without stopping almost immediately afterward, even after doing something like knocking someone out

Salarians

wait when was this?
Monday's podcast. Danielle asked and Austin responded without even having to think.

pandas are technically a racoon...

what?
tumblr_npg1gaKIfH1s7oqubo1_500.jpg

FStop7

Banned
Does Overwatch the game contain any story sequences? I thought that stuff was all YouTube videos. Stuff external to the actual game doesn't count, does it?

Welp I haven't played much of Blood & Wine yet, so that's on me. I also refuse to believe it will be anyone from a shooter. Shooters, blah.

Shane is hard to beat, though. The duders will see this when they lose their lives to Stardew Valley in the lead-up to GotY.
The gameplay part, as in 6v6 objective-based combat with respawns, isn't part of Overwatch's lore at all. Pretty sure that's what he's getting at.

Strax

I don't think Overwatch will win for a new characters. Most of them are good but they don't have a single player to stand on.

imBask

Banned
I expect those to be in competition for best new character :

helmut kruger
Handibot
every character in DOOM
VR Will Smith

Winner : Handibot
who should win : any new character from The Witcher 3 DLCs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't Overwatch will win for a new characters. Most of them are good but they don't have a single player to stand on.

Why does that matter? Less is more with games writing. Samuel Hayden has less dialogue than any Overwatch character all together but he belongs more because he's in a single player game?

Strax

Why does that matter? Less is more with games writing. Samuel Hayden has less dialogue than any Overwatch character all together but he belongs more because he's in a single player game?

Single player gives characters to develop and grow, dialogue or not.

Overwatch does the same, part of why you hear about its characters so much. Like, it's pretty clever the way the characters in Overwatch banter between matches and have little quips based on what they're doing--plus the shorts. It's good stuff.

Best Shooter Character could be a category, I guess.

Hanzo has grown bro

Did you know each year he went to the shrine where he thought he killed his brother to mourn him

But then he found out his brother is alive and he has to think about what he's done

That's more character development then say, Geralt in witcher 3

Strax

Hanzo has grown bro

Did you know each year he went to the shrine where he thought he killed his brother to mourn him

But then he found out his brother is alive and he has to think about what he's done

No, I did not know that and I've played over 40 hours of that game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They added a new map, Reinhardt has new vocie lines in that map talking about his master and his history.
They added a new hero, several other heroes have voice interactions with that hero.

Bayonetta won character of the year before. Are you going to sit here and tell me Bayonetta is some super deep character because she's in a single player game?

and the best character will probably be some character in Tyranny but no one at GB will play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom