• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

They added a new map, Reinhardt has new vocie lines in that map talking about his master and his history.
They added a new hero, several other heroes have voice interactions with that hero.

Bayonetta won character of the year before. Are you going to sit here and tell me Bayonetta is some super deep character because she's in a single player game?

I think you are misunderstanding me or something.

I'm not saying a character needs to be in a single player game for it to be good, I'm saying it helps.

I didn't play Bayonetta but don't they only have best new character? How did Bayonetta win that?

StoveOven

Banned
Dan really liked Rafe from Uncharted 4, and I could see Alex going to bat for someone from Mafia.

That being said, it will probably be Helmut, Poplio, and something else dumb like the sweaty guy from Yo-Kai Watch

I didn't play Bayonetta but don't they only have best new character? How did Bayonetta win that?

Bayonetta won it in 2010 when she was a new character

FStop7

Banned
If the Overwatch lore comes from outside of the actual game then they're not going to consider it. They went through that on some previous GOTY deliberations. No extended universe stuff, their scope is what is contained within the game.

Hopefully more of them will actually play Stardew Valley, otherwise it isn't going to stand a chance beyond a 10th place like Invisible Inc

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You people are advocating for a Dota character to be character of the year. I just want you to all know you're opening that door, because Dota characters have backgrounds and histories and they talk to other characters involved in their backstory during the game depending on whether they're on the same team or the opposing team.

So long as you're okay with saying that's an acceptable thing to do and letting Brad get the double hell guy into the discussion, then continue with your ridiculous assertion that something in Overwatch can be character of the year.

You people are advocating for a Dota character to be character of the year. I just want you to all know you're opening that door, because Dota characters have backgrounds and histories and they talk to other characters involved in their backstory during the game depending on whether they're on the same team or the opposing team.

So long as you're okay with saying that's an acceptable thing to do and letting Brad get the double hell guy into the discussion, then continue with your ridiculous assertion that something in Overwatch can be character of the year.

Dota didnt come out this year

Checkmate Bradtheists

oti

Banned

Dota sucks.
Overwatch doesn't.
Case closed.

Salarians

tumblr_oejx4csJZ41r2nw93o1_500.jpg

(source)

pizzacat

Banned
Hanzo has grown bro

Did you know each year he went to the shrine where he thought he killed his brother to mourn him

But then he found out his brother is alive and he has to think about what he's done

That's more character development then say, Geralt in witcher 3
Hey man brooding tough guy with a heart of gold that everyone wants to fuck is a cool guy

Zaph

Bombcast: Jeff planning on doing a full 24hr - most likely this coming weekend

edit: old games and titanfall2 confirmed

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Austin's ripping off Jeff's gimmick and streaming the old games but his old games aren't quite three full decades old so he's doing it wrong.

edit: Nevermind, this stream is doing everything right.

Vlaphor

I wish they had the Demo Derby on earlier tonight. They're one of my favorite things on the site, but I want to enjoy the Trump/Conservative meltdown live as well.

DD will have to wait, since these opportunities don't come along too often.

There is nothing- NOTHING- more infuriating in the GOTY podcasts than a soundtrack category being lost because the person going up to bat for the soundtrack didn't set aside a few minutes to pick their tracks and make their case.

Between Austin getting the wrong Undertale tracks and Dan relying on some random IGN article to make his Donkey Kong argument, that shit's MADDENING.

There is nothing- NOTHING- more infuriating in the GOTY podcasts than a soundtrack category being lost because the person going up to bat for the soundtrack didn't set aside a few minutes to pick their tracks and make their case.

Between Austin getting the wrong Undertale tracks and Dan relying on some random IGN article to make his Donkey Kong argument, that shit's MADDENING.

Hey, at least Splatoon won and not some dumb garbage Brad likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom