• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There is nothing- NOTHING- more infuriating in the GOTY podcasts than a soundtrack category being lost because the person going up to bat for the soundtrack didn't set aside a few minutes to pick their tracks and make their case.

Between Austin getting the wrong Undertale tracks and Dan relying on some random IGN article to make his Donkey Kong argument, that shit's MADDENING.
What track should he have played from that soundtrack that would've convinced the others?

There is nothing- NOTHING- more infuriating in the GOTY podcasts than a soundtrack category being lost because the person going up to bat for the soundtrack didn't set aside a few minutes to pick their tracks and make their case.

Between Austin getting the wrong Undertale tracks and Dan relying on some random IGN article to make his Donkey Kong argument, that shit's MADDENING.

DK wouldn't have won anyway because none of its tracks are electrobangers or have hooks that sounds good in 20 second clips.

Meneses

Overwatch characters are all cheesy as hell and if they had been from Battleborn instead everyone would be calling them out for being so try-hard.

StoveOven

Banned

I don't even think it was an actual IGN article. I'm pretty sure it was just a user blog.

To be fair to Dan though, I don't think he realized that it would resort to playing tracks on the podcast. Austin knew, he just chose the wrong ones.

FStop7

Banned
That Jackbox t-shirt game is really good. Not just the concept, but the art and the music, too. The music is so... cheerful!

Strax

I'm 100% with Dan in the breakfast cereal discussion and I've never seen or heard of people drinking the leftover milk like Brad, Jeff and Drew.

I don't remember the exact tracks, but I remember it putting me off the Undertale soundtrack for a while. When I finally decided to give the whole thing a listen, I ended up loving it.

I vaguely recall that he played ASGORE, but he kept skipping ahead in the track for some bizarre reason. That's a good song because it builds on itself, so I'm not sure what he was thinking.

I still haven't played Undertale.

It's really good. I hope it gets a console port so more people can play it/I can justify playing it again.

Which songs did Austin pick again?

He played ASGORE, a bit, and he played Core thinking that it was what played when you fought Mettaton. It was all really disjointed, and he didn't let any of the tracks play.

He also said that the soundtrack had 70-some-odd tracks, meaning he only had the truncated version without the good shit like SAVE The World and Megalovania on it.

Austin put in yeoman's work in GOTY last year, but he missed the mark on that soundtrack.

daveo42

Banned
Cereal milk is the best. Add another thing to Dan's pile of garbage human qualities.

I still haven't played Undertale.

While irrational, I haven't played more than about an hour of Undertale due to portions of the fanbase I have interacted with on GAF. I might get to it next year, but those interactions have soured me on the game as a whole.

AngryMoth

I love that Brad says he's finally figured out all the intricacies of Hitman's mechanics right after they finished the last video lol (for this season at least)

Tubobutts

ice cream is gross
image.php

Teddified

I think one of the most boring conversations is the yearly Call of Duty talks.

Zombie mode complaints, COD playerbase "falling" and so on, it's like the same conversation every year during the casts and QL's.

Tagyhag

Like, even not minding that, Jeff stating that Undertale shouldn't be on the list "Because he's tired of 8-bit music" should have been called out.

It's understandable that he assumes that because he probably only played like 1-2 hours. But anyone who has beaten the game, even just the normal ending, knows that the game isn't just 8-bit chiptunes.

Why they didn't call him out and played music for him to show that baffles me.

I think there was a Bombcast where Ryan talked about the idea of selling bottled milk that had been pressed through different kinds of cereal.

Personally I would drink the hell out of some Honey Nut Cheerios milk.

I think there was a Bombcast where Ryan talked about the idea of selling bottled milk that had been pressed through different kinds of cereal.

Personally I would drink the hell out of some Honey Nut Cheerios milk.

Already a thing, though it'd be better with branded cereals:

20111208-cereal-milk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom