• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend and I just bought Gears 4 a couple days back specifically for horde (which I had never played before, but knew was a survival mode) and we were disappointed with the lack of customization. Why can't you customize the guns with scopes and launchers and stat upgrades?

We gave up and went back to Resident Evil Revelations 2 raid mode.

Does anyone know if I buy Gears 4 today do they still have the promotion going that I would get the previous 3/4 Gears games? Was going to maybe play through them all with my friends if it's still going on.

the upgrades are in the class skills
with the upgrades ive become a running tank

Yeah but we're both spoiled by raid mode. :( Resi Rev has class skills AND gun skills AND gun augmentations AND inheritable skills between classes (as well as faster leveling, loot drops, and health bars on enemies).

I know we shouldn't have expected that amount of customization, but we couldn't help but be disappointed.

pizzacat

Banned
My friend and I just bought Gears 4 a couple days back specifically for horde (which I had never played before, but knew was a survival mode) and we were disappointed with the lack of customization. Why can't you customize the guns with scopes and launchers and stat upgrades?

We gave up and went back to Resident Evil Revelations 2 raid mode.
There are stat upgrades for weapons in horde, lol at scopes and launchers in a tps

Salarians

Dan's enthusiasm during the Overwatch Unfinished really helped me earlier.

oh snap
horde stream ?
Da06VGP.png

edit: jeff, brad, dan, vinny on gears right now
i forget alex gt
Good.

repeater

Dan micromanaging everyone before they even started is pretty funny :p

Vinny is a fucking hero BTW and I, too, am very happy this community exists <3

kiguel182

I just played Paris and man, HITMAN IS SO GOOD.

I tried to follow an opportunity but missed (I had stuff on minimal) so I improvised the whole time. I killed Viktor on the garden, took the shot and then escaped while being hunted. It was tense as hell. It felt so great when I escaped.

I hid on the closet to kill Dalia and when she arrived at the room I threw a scissor at her head and then punched the man she was with! SO GOOD.

I then punched the security guard near the helicopter and made it out like a bandit. Why didn't I buy the season pass when it released? WHY?

Man, the adrenaline rush I felt was something else. Loved it.

Also, I'll explore Paris a bunch more and then buy this piece meal. It's like 5 euros more expensive than buying whole but I rather do it this way to enjoy each level more and also try to avoid burn out.

SO GOOD.

Just started the beastcast. Bakalar's story about his mom hits super close to home. Hope she can make a full recovery.

Same here. My grandma had a stroke about five years ago and it was rough. She still has limited mobility and talking with her is very difficult. You can tell that she knows what she wants to say but it's hard for her to pull out the right words.

Curufinwe

If you're reading this Brad, don't let them take your wisdom teeth out while you're awake. And do it on a Friday so you have the weekend off afterwards.

I didn't have any pain after getting mine out in 2012, but it took me days before I felt comfortable eating proper food.

kiguel182

I could see Hitman being my game of the year if I had bought it when it came out and played it as the year went on.

I barely tasted the game and already love it.

Hitman is definitely my GOTY. Most fun I've had in a while in a game and I hadn't played any other game in the series until the first episode on GB. Been craving each release since and watching Hitdan. My best gaming experience, for sure, this year.

Ketch

I feel like I need to caveat this comment with a bunch of shit because I know it'll sound crazy. I've been subbing to giant bomb basically since it's a subs been offered, I've supported them in the good content seasons and the bad. I'm a huge fan. Even though I know what I'm about to say is insane, I think I have to say it and that any bomber should appreciate my whiny baby criticism because there might be some truth in there (you be the judge).

Ridiculous entitled rant as follows: I support giant bomb because I want them to have enough money to create the stuff they want to create. But, when they openly talk about the three thousand dollar television they plan on buying while simultaneously being reluctant to talk about any premium content because they don't wanna feel locked into doing some work that their audience would enjoy it pisses me off. Why sub? they obviously don't need my money. End rant.

Sorry, but thats how felt, I know it's pretty irrational but I cant change the way it made me feel.

I feel like I need to caveat this comment with a bunch of shit because I know it'll sound crazy. I've been subbing to giant bomb basically since it's a subs been offered, I've supported them in the good content seasons and the bad. I'm a huge fan. Even though I know what I'm about to say is insane, I think I have to say it and that any bomber should appreciate my whiny baby criticism because there might be some truth in there (you be the judge).

Ridiculous entitled rant as follows: I support giant bomb because I want them to have enough money to create the stuff they want to create. But, when they openly talk about the three thousand dollar television they plan on buying while simultaneously being reluctant to talk about any premium content because they don't wanna feel locked into doing some work that their audience would enjoy it pisses me off. Why sub? they obviously don't need my money. End rant.

Sorry, but thats how felt, I know it's pretty irrational but I cant change the way it made me feel.

I don't even know where to begin with this, but I will say that if you've been watching Giant Bomb content for this long, how you can even begin to think Giant Bomb is a) rolling in money or b) deliberately gloating about buying expensive things is unfathomable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom