• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

double ql
88kz4f9.png

Plot twist: one will be Drew, the other will be Vinny, and they'll meet in-game at some point and merge the videos.

Xater

Colin is smart enough to know a vote for a third party was effectively assisting a fucking fascist to become the presidential elect. He took the greatest responsibility of an American and wasted it like a petulant child, fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

I'm not American, but I know some Americans that did also vote third party. They also say it's not a wasted vote because it's what they believe. I respect that on some level, but the way the political system is set up in the US it does seem foolish.

double ql
88kz4f9.png

Must be one hell of a game!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Colin is smart enough to know a vote for a third party was effectively assisting a fucking fascist to become the presidential elect. He took the greatest responsibility of an American and wasted it like a petulant child, fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Yup. Discussions are nice and cool but some aren't worth my time. And my time is basically worthless, so that says something.

double ql

What is it with weird car games recently?

Joeku

Or maybe you have to take some and leave some, if you think every single argument from the right is flatout wrong, then I don't know what to tell you

I lean HEAAAAAAVILY to the left, and not the american left the actual left, but I enjoy a good debate with someone from the right who can speak his mind

Certainly, a good conversation with someone who disagrees is enlightening. It always is, especially a cordial one. What I'm saying is that shunning what Colin did with his vote is not unfair. And a vote at the top of the presidential ticket for a third party is not the way to change a two-party system. That comes from the ground up, not the top down.

Hillary wasn't the perfect candidate. Nor was Bernie. Nor was even fucking Obama. America has been too split. But in a de facto two-party system, better is preferable to neither.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
GAF is an echo chamber insofar as the outright racism got banned, and the people who supported Trump in secret hid.

Colin may be able to debate, but he's wrong.

At least someone who's a complete idiot has the excuse of being uneducated; but someone who should know better and still chooses the wrong path? That's intentional.
That's a very narrow view of the world

Not surprising as Jeff didn't like BO3 multiplayer and this is close to it movement wise.

Also from listening to the podcast it seems no one on the team really knows how far the zombies mode has come since it started as round based survival mode. Dan seemed to know a little of what it entails but Zombies has been, for a while now, a pretty complex and challenging 4 player raid.

Xater

If anybody here as even a slight interest in scifi go see Arrival. What a great movie.

It's one of my most anticipated films this year. Totally my kind of sci-if but doesn't start here until the 24th. :(

Also from one of my favorite directors right now. Siccario was also incredible last year.

I'm not American, but I know some Americans that did also vote third party. They also say it's not a wasted vote because it's what they believe. I respect that on some level, but the way the political system is set up in the US it does seem foolish.

Must be one hell of a game!

I may be naive here, but I think it should be a split 2-party system (essentially a 4 party system). Have one for Conservative Democrats (they exist), one for Conservative Republicans, one for Liberal Democrats, and one for Liberal Republicans (they exist). When people talk about the two party system the ones in the middle that I listed are the dominant ones. And then still have the independent parties. It might be too unwieldy, but I think there would be a better chance for bipartisanship (or quadpartisanship?)

Joeku

I may be naive here, but I think it should be a split 2-party system (essentially a 4 party system). Have one for Conservative Democrats (they exist), one for Conservative Republicans, one for Liberal Democrats, and one for Liberal Republicans (they exist). When people talk about the two party system the ones in the middle that I listed are the dominant ones. And then still have the independent parties. It might be too unwieldy, but I think there would be a better chance for bipartisanship (or quadpartisanship?)

Theoretically that's preferable, but the way that the electoral college works, that would fuck everything up even worse than it is.

Xater

I am not informed enough about your system to really say anything about this. Your system just seems needlessly convoluted and does seem to stifle potential newcomers that are not part of the big two parties. I just now I definitely prefer how it works here in Germany.

but anyway let's be real if Giantbomb was to be shutdown, I bet Jeff would just start a new one... I think

It'd probably be funded by Patreon, though. Jeff has said in previous interviews, that they were really lucky to launch Giant Bomb when they did. He said if they were launching it today, they'd probably seriously consider the Patreon route. Thankfully they were able to join with Whisky Media and then be successful enough to be acquired by CBS.

FStop7

Banned
I don't want Giant Bomb's current form to go away, but let's be honest: if for some reason it did come to pass that Giant Bomb went away, do you realize how much money the crew would generate on Patreon? I mean, Danny is one guy and he raised a mint. Giant Bomb would probably raise 10 times as much.

The only way that "Giant Bomb" goes away, as in a website featuring that crew of people, under any name, is if they decide to end it themselves.

GAF is an echo chamber insofar as the outright racism got banned, and the people who supported Trump in secret hid.

Colin may be able to debate, but he's wrong.

At least someone who's a complete idiot has the excuse of being uneducated; but someone who should know better and still chooses the wrong path? That's intentional.

Or maybe you have to take some and leave some, if you think every single argument from the right is flatout wrong, then I don't know what to tell you

I lean HEAAAAAAVILY to the left, and not the american left the actual left, but I enjoy a good debate with someone from the right who can speak his mind

We should all strive to be more like Danny when engaging with people who share Colin's beliefs.

Johndoey

Banned
Oh are we back to the bullshit practice of pretend every viewpoint deserves equal consideration? No matter how bigoted or petty? Cool.

What Colin did was petty and vindictive protest voting.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't want Giant Bomb's current form to go away, but let's be honest: if for some reason it did come to pass that Giant Bomb went away, do you realize how much money the crew would generate on Patreon? I mean, Danny is one guy and he raised a mint. Giant Bomb would probably raise 10 times as much.

The only way that "Giant Bomb" goes away, as in a website featuring that crew of people, under any name, is if they decide to end it themselves.

You know how much money they would need to generate to keep 8 people employed? They would also need to rent two different offices.

Is Nada III any good?

It's no Nada II

Joeku

That someone who doesn't share your political view is just wrong. Always and on everything. Oh and also evil, with intent. I call that ignorant.

I didn't say evil. Mistakenly misguided is probably more accurate in Colin's case. And "always and on everything"? When it comes to top-of-the-ballot voting, you don't get to say "well, yeah, Clinton, but I don't love her." One fucking square is filled in. Option one, option two, or spoil votes.

Looking at how partisan America is lately, my view effectively must fall into one of two camps. One supports LGBT rights, minority rights, accepting and dealing with climate change, scientific proof and fact as a whole, and closing the wealth gap. The other doesn't.

That's as simple as it gets.

If you genuinely believe that I'm wrong, that's a goddamn shame, because you've been misled.

If you still believe that I'm wrong in 50 years, come back and try to say that again. Progressivism doesn't stop in 2016. We believed that the Earth was the centre of the universe some time ago. Apparently we believe that grabbing pussies isn't a disqualifying aspect of the leader of the free world today.

We should all strive to be more like Danny when engaging with people who share Colin's beliefs.

It's because he respects him as a person, even if their beliefs don't always align. We need more of that in the world. But it seems we have less.

BearPawB

Banned
Finished the new call of duty campaign.

It's a weird game. The story and world are interesting. I liked several characters despite the fact that they aren't that unique. The space fighting works, and is actually a lot of fun. I loved the simplicity.

But anytime you are on foot the game is just a complete bummer. It's just not as engaging as Titanfall 2. You hardly ever need/want to boost or wall run. It's kinda slow, you die really quickly.

And then the story just sorts of ends without much resolution to that cool world building.

I then played zombies for 5 'minutes and said "I'm good" and went to go put it in the mailbox to send it back to gamefly.

Meneses

Should I watch VinnyVania SotN when I was getting kinda bored with the series?

SotN is less compelling to watch due to the open nature of the game and slower pace
and general lack of challenge due to the ways that game can be broken
. It still had some good moments and they're usually having nice chats while playing.

FStop7

Banned
SotN is less compelling to watch due to the open nature of the game and slower pace
and general lack of challenge due to the ways that game can be broken
. It still had some good moments and they're usually having nice chats while playing.

The best thing about SotN is the inexplicable use of 1960s stock sound effects.

I bought Titanfall 2 today mostly because of retail therapy and partially because of Giant Bomb's collective glowing recommendation, and the campaign seems amazing so far.
Better than Doom's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom