• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Playdates were like UPF where each of them picked something to play, because I'd watch anything else right now.

But they typically rotate on playdates... Like Dan with SMB2, Alex picked Red Dead awhile back, etc. I mean not always but a lot of the time. Definitely think its a good format as is.

jaina

The new HLS stream is working almost flawlessly on Chrome (auto quality, Desktop) and Safari (low q, Laptop). Jumped down to low quality for a moment once.

gXJMlA8.gif

Kaizer

Banned
For the most part, the majority of the time when they play old games, I'm bored to tears. The exception are the FMVinny streams, never get tired of seeing these janky messes.

Giganteus

I wish Playdates were like UPF where each of them picked something to play, because I'd watch anything else right now.
They did that at least once before, but it has been a while. I would like that more often, but I think it would be a mistake to make it that way every time. Sometimes most of them may not have any particular game they want to play on camera.

UPF has that problem, where one or more has to scramble to show some uninteresting thing they don't even have any enthusiasm for, because they have to fill two hours EVERY show. Well, that's my strong impression of what happens. I don't know. That's worse to me.

LiK

They should just play whatever they're really interested in for UPF. Why do they feel compelled to force themselves to find random junk on Steam?

Jebusman

Banned
I think I still have a copy of MSDOS Cyberia 1 lying around somewhere. I had no idea how to play it and I just remember endless frustration of trying to move and getting shot by someone because I wasn't moving in the exact right way.

UPF Guess Time

For Honor Beta (Jeff)
Mobile Strike + Fire Emblem (Drew)
Avatar: The Last Airbender Achievements + Geometry Wars 2 (Brad)
An Old Rhythm Game, Maybe Space Channel 5 Part 2 or Parappa (Jeff)

Wunder

UPF Guess Time

For Honor Beta (Jeff)
Mobile Strike + Fire Emblem (Drew)
Avatar: The Last Airbender Achievements + Geometry Wars 2 (Brad)
An Old Rhythm Game, Maybe Space Channel 5 Part 2 or Parappa (Jeff)

Been watching some For Honor streams, that game looks kinda fun with a party?

Meneses

After I brought up Cyberia on the Beastcast, I had to look up the old complete playthroughs of those games that I sat in on at Game Informer. I remembered that one episode featured Tim Turi getting more mad at me than I think he ever has. It's pretty much this whole tunnel sequence.

https://youtu.be/fZm99jrcTKk?list=PLlgxKjRRj9r8JRDoay3gadMnciRn-Z0iv&t=350

lol holy crap

This must have been pretty close to breaking your streak of never being punched in the face.

After I brought up Cyberia on the Beastcast, I had to look up the old complete playthroughs of those games that I sat in on at Game Informer. I remembered that one episode featured Tim Turi getting more mad at me than I think he ever has. It's pretty much this whole tunnel sequence.

I had no idea what is happening here. I was so confused I checked YT comments...

CQ0OZWc.png

This is the most in sync I have ever been with a YT comment.

Catvoca

Banned

This is so good. I gotta watch more old GI stuff.

everybody needs to watch the Blue Stinger, Illbleed, Overblood 1/2, and Cyberia 1/2 Super Replays

Nice, thanks for the reccomendations.

everybody needs to watch the Blue Stinger, Illbleed, Overblood 1/2, and Cyberia 1/2 Super Replays

and Giant Bomb needs to hire Jeff Cork

GIs recent (ongoing) Sonic 06 Super Replay is one of the best things they have done lately. That game is shocking, and they are so flabbergasted at how bad it is it gets amazing to watch

Sometimes it feels like the game is actively trolling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom