• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also mgs4 is greatness

Yes, yes it is. It's insane, crazy, over the top, tries to tie up a series which started in 1987, flawed, dramatic, melodramatic, everything and nothing. It's life. In all seriousness though, we'll never get anything like it(or the series for that matter) and no matter how much you hate the game it's amazing to me that it's STILL being talked about. In the hands of someone else I don't know how MGS4 would have ended but I bet it would have been WAY less memorable than what we got.

lquidd2uod.gif

faridmon

MGS 1 and 3 were amazing (some of the best games ever) MGS 2 and 4 were terrible (some of the worst storylines out there)

Didn't play MGS 5.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
MGS 1 and 3 were amazing (some of the best games ever) MGS 2 and 4 were terrible (some of the worst storylines out there)

2 foretold the memes of 2016 though. It's actually kinda striking how relevant it is today.

2 is the only one I've completed.

You're right I'm wrong.

I forgot Ground Zeroes.

2 > 3 > Ground Zeroes > 5 > 1 > Twin Snakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jak 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4

GZ shows what 5 could have been if Kojima bothered with level design, rather than barren open spaces and about half a dozen buildings you sneak into over and over again.

danm999

MGSV is very, very better than MGS 4

MGSV (and Ground Zeroes and Peace Walker now I think on it) kind of taint MGS3 for me.

I mean 3's story was basically flawless. It showed me everything I needed to know about why Naked Snake became Big Boss. Why anyone felt that point needed to become laboured through several more games is a total mystery to me. (
I know $$$$
)

You're right I'm wrong.

I forgot Ground Zeroes.

2 > 3 > Ground Zeroes > 5 > 1 > Twin Snakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jak 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4

GZ shows what 5 could have been if Kojima bothered with level design, rather than barren open spaces and about half a dozen buildings you sneak into over and over again.

I really strongly feel Twin Snakes shouldn't be on the list since 1 already exists. Twin Snakes apart from the gameplay is just all kinds of fucked, especially the soundtrack.

I really strongly feel Twin Snakes shouldn't be on the list since 1 already exists. Twin Snakes apart from the gameplay is just all kinds of fucked, especially the soundtrack.

I don't like the changes, but Twin Snakes is more fun to play these days. I'd play it over the original I think. The original ranks above it just because, well, it's the original?

I'm not gonna have this debate for the 50th time on NeoGAF, so this is my 'one and done' post on the matter.

MGS4 is the worst game ever made because it's part of one of the best franchises ever and had so much potential. It's such a bad game it retroactively makes the series a little worse.

There will always be games that are technically 'worse' but the most disappointing and terrible experiences come from games that had pedigree, potential and every opportunity to be great, but were still shite, like MGS4.

Of course there are millions of games which were made in a bedroom and are dire, but nobody cares about them. Having one of the biggest game franchises ever and royally fucking it up is something else entirely.

Thus, MGS4 is the worst game ever made, and hopefully forever will be, as I never want to be that disappointed again. What a pile of wank.

At least 5 was great though, even with all its glaring flaws.

yeah, but you rape people in custer's revenge

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
yeah, but you rape people in custer's revenge

MGS4 had enough money poured into it that somebody at some point should have said "FUCKING NO, THIS IS ALL AWFUL, STOP ALL OF THIS"

Hundreds of people poured time into that garbage. One crazy person made Custer's Revenge. If we're going by net badness, MGS4 definitely wins out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
MGS4 had enough money poured into it that somebody at some point should have said "FUCKING NO, THIS IS ALL AWFUL, STOP ALL OF THIS"

Hundreds of people poured time into that garbage. One crazy person made Custer's Revenge. If we're going by net badness, MGS4 definitely wins out.

But there's a certain beauty in that mass insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom