• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between being profitable, and being the best use of limited resources. Again, opportunity costs.

But they fired the recousources. If they assigned them to anlther project what your arguing would hold some water.

So the limited resources you are bringing up have to be financial, which means the game was not a financial success.

Catvoca

Banned
dude, it feels like half the time you post in here it's to defend sony or a sony game

even the bad ones, like the order

also how arcade is table top racing because it looks interesting

You didn't ask me but I thought table top racing was terrible. It's the most sterile kart racer I've ever played. Slow, dull racing with bad power ups on garbage tracks.

Curufinwe

dude, it feels like half the time you post in here it's to defend sony or a sony game

Not a good sign when your feelings are so divorced from reality.

You didn't ask me but I thought table top racing was terrible. It's the most sterile kart racer I've ever played. Slow, dull racing with bad power ups on garbage tracks.

Which shows you how few new games I played last year, and how unimpressed I was with Ratchet.

I liked it better than you did, especially as a podcast game, but your criticisms are valid.

Catvoca

Banned
Which shows you how few new games I played last year, and how unimpressed I was with Ratchet.

I liked it better than you did, especially as a podcast game, but your criticisms are valid.

I didn't like it at all but for some reason played a bunch of it as a podcast game too. It looks pretty, I'll give it that.

Megasoum

Banned
Last year's Ratchet and clank was my first R&C and I really enjoyed it.

I mean, I wasn't like blown away but I was happy to play through and had a lot of fun. Also yeah... It looked fucking amazing.

Catvoca

Banned
Last year's Ratchet and clank was my first R&C and I really enjoyed it.

I mean, I wasn't like blown away but I was happy to play through and had a lot of fun. Also yeah... It looked fucking amazing.

I imagine it's a great first R&C. Seems like a lot of people jumped into the series for the first time with this one, which is cool. As my like 10th Ratchet game it was just fine.

BearPawB

Banned
I....I just ordered my first and probably only Amiibo.

A wolf link.

My wife loves Wolves and Zelda.

So having the wolf follow you around i know is going to make her get more excited than any gift I have ever given her.

Zaph

If you own a Pro, R&C is a must play. Was the only game that floored me in a i-cant-believe-this-is-running-on-a-console way.

A wolf link.

So having the wolf follow you around i know is going to make her get more excited than any gift I have ever given her.
I ordered my first Amiibo recently as well. Archer Link to use with Breath of the Wild. Figured it was worth finally getting one to try with the Switch.

Catvoca

Banned

A wolf link.

2820690-6568656603-tumbl.png

That's a nice gift! But once you buy your first Amiibo there's no going back.

PS2 Ratchets are still the best, boys.

A Crack in Time is my favourite, followed by the ps2 games.

A wolf link.

If you really love her you will play Twilight Princess HD to level up the wolf for her ;)

Nah that is a pretty cool gift idea haha

I find A Crack in Time to be overrated, but series fatigue may have contributed to that. Not a bad game, just not something I hold in very high regard.

Ratchet 2 is the king of the series. Then the original. After that, it varies from good to average over time.

Catvoca

Banned
I find A Crack in Time to be overrated, but series fatigue may have contributed to that. Not a bad game, just not something I hold in very high regard.

Ratchet 2 is the king of the series. Then the original. After that, it varies from good to average over time.

2 is amazing, definitely my second fav after ACIT. The original is one of my least favourite, I need weapon levelling in my R&C games. Gladiator/Deadlocked is low-key one of the series highlights though IMO.

danm999

OK. Just pre-ordered Horizon. Thanks Jeff.

Also, Mordor is great. Fuck that story though - the most un-LOTR thing to be set in a LOTR world.

(lets go back and play those PS2 era games of the movies. They were great)

I agree. Elves would view a man who couldn't die a tragedy. They're kind of jelly of man's mortality.

Lunar FC

If you own a Pro, R&C is a must play. Was the only game that floored me in a i-cant-believe-this-is-running-on-a-console way.

I got this game for Christmas and just couldn't get into it. I was a big fan of all the r&c future games, but maybe I'm just over the series.

Catvoca

Banned
I bought the 8-bit Mario one for Mario Maker and I haven't bought one since
Oh I don't mean that you'll buy more, I just mean that you'll forever have the stain of purchasing and owning amiibos.

The 8-bit Mario amiibo is rad though, I don't own a Wii U and I've still found myself considering getting it.

"Custer's Revenge is a better game than Jak 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4" -sammyCYBORG, 2017

I'm not gonna have this debate for the 50th time on NeoGAF, so this is my 'one and done' post on the matter.

MGS4 is the worst game ever made because it's part of one of the best franchises ever and had so much potential. It's such a bad game it retroactively makes the series a little worse.

There will always be games that are technically 'worse' but the most disappointing and terrible experiences come from games that had pedigree, potential and every opportunity to be great, but were still shite, like MGS4.

Of course there are millions of games which were made in a bedroom and are dire, but nobody cares about them. Having one of the biggest game franchises ever and royally fucking it up is something else entirely.

Thus, MGS4 is the worst game ever made, and hopefully forever will be, as I never want to be that disappointed again. What a pile of wank.

At least 5 was great though, even with all its glaring flaws.

Google

I'm not gonna have this debate for the 50th time on NeoGAF, so this is my 'one and done' post on the matter.

MGS4 is the worst game ever made because it's part of one of the best franchises ever and had so much potential. It's such a bad game it retroactively makes the series a little worse.

There will always be games that are technically 'worse' but the most disappointing and terrible experiences come from games that had pedigree, potential and every opportunity to be great, but were still shite, like MGS4.

Of course there are millions of games which were made in a bedroom and are dire, but nobody cares about them. Having one of the biggest game franchises ever and royally fucking it up is something else entirely.

Thus, MGS4 is the worst game ever made, and hopefully forever will be, as I never want to be that disappointed again. What a pile of wank.

At least 5 was great though, even with all its glaring flaws.

MGS4 was great.

The Virtua Fighter sequence at the end was amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom