• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Just got back from class and saw the post about Drew. :(

I just hope GB can handle his absence or find a replacement soon. Hes gonna be sorely missed.

Best of luck Drew. Thanks for the years of work and bringing my favorite content to life.

C5PQGwwVYAAoIuS.jpg:large

No_Style

Boy, there's a lot of stupid in the latter pages of that Drew thread.

I mean, there's a lot of stupid here too but...it's benign stupid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of love that Ni-oh and Samurai Warriors are in the same universe. Same designs and everything.

Jeff basically loves musou

As much as it sucks to lose Drew - and as someone who's only been an "active" fan for the last 3-4 years, I can't imagine what it's like for longer-time fans - it's really, really awesome seeing so many people getting out there and striking out on their own lately. Can't wait to see what he does.

Man, I don't know if I had some sort of bullshit going on in my streaming setup the last time I tried to stream to Twitch or what, but I just tried streaming to Beam for the first time and I'm kind of shocked at how quick & painless it was to set up and how decent it looks. Pleasant surprise, first issue-less streaming test I've ever had lol. All that's left is messing with audio levels and stuff.

Nerokis

Fuck. I'm going to miss Drew's presence at the site quite a bit.

My first posts as a premium member:

I agree completely. This episode was on another level of charming. Samantha was wonderful, Brad was a surprisingly good host, Dan proves once again to be a great addition to the crew, and more-expressive-Drew is a pleasure. The most I've enjoyed listening to a podcast, period, in a very long time.

In fact, it's criminal that it took me so long to do this, but I am now a premium member for the first time.

Thanks!

A treasure chest indeed. I have watched a ridiculous amount of Giant Bomb since subscribing, and I am now watching the video where Drew talks about his trip to North Korea. I've heard North Korea come up here and there on the podcast, but I had no idea he went there for real. The Drew/Danny FIFA video inspired me to pull out the one FIFA game I ever owned (2001 for the PS2), and now I seriously feel tempted to arrange a North Korea tour for next year or something. Lol.

Definitely. It was astounding. I have never even imagined the Giant Bomb crew covering something like that, but they managed to do so incredibly well. Have to give Drew credit for all the great qualities (technical ability, curiosity, a large comfort zone, etc.) he brings to the table. He's probably my favorite member at this point, when not too long ago I just knew him as the guy with a fondness for plane simulators.

Oh, naive 2014 me. You forgot to mention "I won't take my time with Drew for granted."

Are you talking about the
break dancing
or there's another one after that?
Read at your own risk

Once you complete Cabaret Club, you unlock his 4th skill set, the legendary Mad Dog of Shimano, with this style it's has the breakdancing style but you also get a dagger with unlimited hit points and you just destroy fools.

Brinbe

Just catching up on the news. Drew brought a youthful and different perspective to things and he filled a real void in a lot of ways. He'll be missed quite a lot. =(

Next three hires will be big. But GB will keep trucking along and cultivating/developing great talent as they always do.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Three hires is very exciting

Whoever they get out east has to also do video production too from the sounds of it, hasn't Vinny said he's way overworked right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom