• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Knowing the way big companies handle stuff like this, it probably was as early as possible.

Do you know? I have worked for some very large companies that were never that slow and gamespot never seem to take longer than a month or two to get replacements.

There is a process and getting the right person takes time - but I get the feeling Jeff could move faster.

I mean he complains that they had problems hiring people without work visas. He could have found out that was a non-starter with a simple google search or asking Danny. I hope he didn't waste too long on that.

Strax

Huh. I just learned my high school English teacher had sex with a student.

A gym teacher at my old school had sex with a bunch of 16-18 year old girls for years.

But I hope Drew will still live in the SF area and pop in for the next Mario Party.

Zaph

Knowing the way big companies handle stuff like this, it probably was as early as possible.

nah, that's on Jeff. I can't find the link but he said it took him a while to find time to talk to HR. Gamespot's replacements when up almost immediately.

Now the positions to be filled are adding up and West is fucked in the meantime.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A gym teacher at my old school had sex with a bunch of 16-18 year old girls for years.

But I hope Drew will still live in the SF area and pop in for the next Mario Party.

This....sounds not right

nah, that's on Jeff. I can't find the link but he said it took him a while to find time to talk to HR. Gamespot's replacements when up almost immediately.

Now the positions to be filled are adding up and West is fucked in the meantime.

There also work way more people at Gamespot. Jeff still has to produce content

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
RRC4RhQ.png

Honestly its only a matter of weeks until we get a Drew Scanlon Blinking Meme Funko Pop VINYL

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
guys, just look at the bright side to this

someone come up with a bright side to this

Our expectations of giantbomb west will be even lower so when they finally hit a homerun we'll be even more surprised.

That's a dumb bright side, the real bright side would be that Drew will be able to do something he wants to pursue more

Zaph

There also work way more people at Gamespot. Jeff still has to produce content

hey, i'm not saying they're sitting on the thumbs over there, but West's issues are no joke, have been going for a while, and were foreseeable. Maybe prioritise it higher? We're used to content droughts anyway.

guys, just look at the bright side to this

someone come up with a bright side to this
No longer hearing about Drew's life will make us feel less inadequate?

Bright side is we likely get some super cool drew new thing later on similar to waypoint being awesome or gbeast getting awesome

But man that sucker punch of losing drew :( fucking sucks

Rainmaker

Banned
I know GBWest will come through eventually so I'm not worried on that end at all but Drew leaving has crushed my soul and it feels so dumb to care. When the people you can consider "the originals" leave it's so shitty. We got to watch him grow into a huge part of the site. He stepped up every time they were down and became more and more of a presence.

Best case scenario for what drew does next: Travelling Documentaries.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Stay positive guys. Maybe they hire PewDiePie. I hear he is available right now. There is always hope.

hey, i'm not saying they're sitting on the thumbs over there, but West's issues are no joke, have been going for a while, and were foreseeable. Maybe prioritise it higher? We're used to content droughts anyway.

I mean, West hasn't put out a lot of videos on the last couple of weeks. Look, I'm not saying Jeff is the most efficient, I'm just saying we have little to no idea what is going on. Don't you think Jeff would be the first to speed that process up if he could?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom