• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

People in fields like advertising and sales making like 50k sign non-competes all the time

Because they usually have detailed knowledge of their previous employer's roadmap up to the next two years.

Giant Bomb can't even lock down a schedule for the next week

hwy_61

Banned
I knew these times would come eventually....but goddamn it does it suck. I wish drew the best, and of course I'm gonna follow him to see what he does next.

I don't ever want Giant Bomb to end, but it's inevitable. Fuck.

Ashby

Because they usually have detailed knowledge of their previous employer's roadmap up to the next two years.

Giant Bomb can't even lock down a schedule for the next week

You're right but I wish there was a way to prevent another Austin scenario. That whole thing still rubs me the wrong way if I'm being honest.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You're right but I wish there was a way to prevent another Austin scenario. That whole thing still rubs me the wrong way if I'm being honest.

Nah, as much as we like to think of giantbomb as a group of pals, people should not stifle their career choices because of that. I'm sure they wouldn't want that either.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nah, as much as we like to think of giantbomb as a group of pals, people should not stifle their career choices because of that. I'm sure they wouldn't want that either.

I think it's more about how soon he quit. I can't blame him but I do understand why people might feel it's kinda shitty. A lot of money, time and resources were used to get him and obviously other people didn't get the job.
Again though, I don't blame him.

zy0u8SV.png

3 hires confirmed.

Anybody want a Gwent closed beta code for the Xbox One? MS just sent me one and I have no interest in that game whatsoever.

Exactly, this notion or idea as if it's some sort of "betrayal" is real fucking dumb.

TraBuch

Banned
Betrayal is too strong a word, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being a bit miffed about the Austin thing. Dude spent less time at GB than it took to hire him.

I'm heartbroken over Drew.

He was my favorite bomber. Hands down. I always hated how people always complained about Drew being on a podcast before when they were alternating Jason/Drew, they would always say Drew was far too quiet.

I miss you already Drew.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's cool about For Honor is that I have to wait to level up despite finishing a game that should level me up because their infrastructure is so shitty

how bout that? I have to WAIT until THEIR shit gets sorted despite it letting me do the work to get hte level.

i know how to cheer everyone up

remember that car in crackdown that when it was fully upgraded made other cars that you hit fly off of it like a ramp? that was cool. crackdown was great.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
bluh, gaming side giant bomb threads always "bomb" out past page 5 and turn into a "jeff is jaded" conversation.

yea, screw having measured and realistic takes and expectations from the game industry yo.

i just ate dinner and drank a bunch of wine. im gassed up and drowning my drew sorrows.

Red UFO

alright I'm over it three new hires is gonna be the biggest change to giant bomb in its history I am ready for it give it to me daddy gerstmann

Tagyhag

Man, 3 new hires.

Jeff's been 3 for 3 with Dan/Jason/Austin. Could he do it again?

I've been fortunate enough to enjoy everyone's presence in GB, but it'd be a shame if there was someone who I didn't enjoy enough to the point that their presence in a video actually made it worse.

Also, hopefully this means we finally get a female duder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom