• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda looks fucking incredible, but I don't know if it's $300 incredible

What about, let's see, $200 incredible? I don't know how much a Wii U costs. Like for like, the Switch doesn't seem like it'll be a significant departure from the Wii U version.

Game looks dope. Will buy and play in just under two months.

I hope voice acting isn't a mistake for BotW.

Did it mention if the Wii U version is out the same time? Can't imagine it isn't, but you never know.

Brashnir

What a wet fart. I should have just gone to bed.

They even managed to make a Mario game that looks terrible. What is even happening in this world.

mhanna49

Neo Member
The new Mario game looked interesting. I continue to have zero interest in Zelda. I haven't bought a Nintendo system since the GBA and the Switch does not appeal to me. I'm interested to see what GB streams tomorrow and what they have to say about the various announcements.

robotrock

Banned
$300
paid online multiplayer
"2 and a half hour to 6 and a half hour multiplayer"
wii u zelda and 1-2 switch for launch...

yeah wait to cop for spla2oon or 3d mario guys

Overall, I'm fairly positive about the Switch. I'd have like to see a lot more from it, but I guess they're gonna play some stuff tomorrow. The price seems fine to me, but I'm not sure if I want to pay for online, at least not until I hear about the other things that payment gets me. Kimishima implied there as more to it.

Games, well, they seemed alright. I'm stoked for a couple of things and not so much for others, but that's usually the same with any other press conference. There are still a lot of questions about those, especially concerning the launch list. There's still some time, though. I get that this game was meant to be a showcase for the actual system, so I'm not too worried about the lack of information, still, I'd have liked to see more.

I don't care too much about graphics, so that sort of talk is whatever. The Wii U wasn't anything amazing tech wise, but some of the games looked fantastic. The rumor is that the Switch is above that, so I'm cool.

I want to hear their plans for Virtual Console and digital games. I really want to see the OS, too. We got a glimpse of it, and it seems pretty nice, especially compared to the PS4 and Xbox.

Boxes look dope

C2BIyy6VQAAT1jF.jpg:large

Yikes the Pro controller is $69.99. Extra Joy-cons are $79.99 (a single is $49.99) without the grip (extra $29.99). Extra dock is $89.99.

Silvering lining of the monthly online plan? NES and SNES games with added online play...

It wasn't announced during the stream, but apparently some of the VC games are going to be updated with online play. They're also doing the monthly free game thing that the other companies do.

The information comes from their website.

Well I guess I will continue to not own a Nintendo console. Shame, I was really on board with the design and ideas and ready to be sold on one and this sure as shit didn't sell me on it in any way.

hamchan

It really doesn't seem like Nintendo are doing anything different from what they normally do software wise. Same output as always, same third party relationships.

Pretty much a stock standard Nintendo platform. I'm ok with that and will buy it day one, but I see nothing that would turn it around for them. Totally expect it to sell more than the Wii U, less than the 3ds.

Get a refurb WiiU.

Ok I lied I owned a Wii U for like 4 months and played some of the big things on it and then sold it because I had my fill of Mario Maker and Splatoon. It was solid. If I really wanted Zelda I'd definitely just be getting a Wii U, it's got a great lineup of stuff for it.

Plus being in Canada, $400 is way too much for the Switch. I hope they eventually get a ton of great games on it though. In time, perhaps I will be sold on it.

Giganteus

Yikes the Pro controller is $69.99. Extra Joy-cons are $79.99 (a single is $49.99) without the grip (extra $29.99). Extra dock is $89.99.

Silvering lining of the monthly online plan? NES and SNES games with added online play...
Good lord, reading this gave me a heart attack.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I had low to moderate expectations, but that was pretty bad. Zelda looks cool, but I'm so over t Zelda formula.

The pricing is tragic.

justjim89

I find myself rooting for Nintendo, like a home team after I move away. I was probably never gonna get a Switch, but man it's a bummer looking at how excited the internet was for that presentation and how fucking lame it ended up being.

What a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom