• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Seriously though, those controllers look absolutely unplayable when snapped apart. My hands would start cramping up in two minutes.

daveo42

Banned
Looking forward to people defending Nintendo on their launch line up and the promise of more games over the next two months. I like Nintendo, but man...software drought on their systems never seems to get any better and their lack of actual 3rd party support still means next to nothing at launch or even within the first year. There are games, but not enough yet even coming down the pipe to warrant dropping $300.

At least, for me.

image stolen from the switch online thread

veQKcx0.png

Fall is when the paid online stuff rolls out

daveo42

Banned
I wonder what the cost is going to be for online. Mostly standard except the monthly download game thing is kinda bullshit. Free for a month and then it's gone.

Edit: I can't be that much either since Nintendo still has had next to no real online content outside of a few minor things.

TraBuch

Banned
I wonder what the cost is going to be for online. Mostly standard except the monthly download game thing is kinda bullshit. Free for a month and then it's gone.
Is that how they're doing it? Not even the PS+ thing where you have access indefinitely as long as you're subbed? Just one month and they switch the game?

Edit: I can't be that much either since Nintendo still has had next to no real online content outside of a few minor things.

I think they mean you get a game a month.

Jintor

Well I guess I'll do what I do with every console: sit on my hands for half a year to a year and buy in when a game I want comes out and/or massive fire sales.

Maybe I'll update my computer, I'm due for a refresh.

It's neat that the SNES games (which will sometimes be the monthly free games) will have online. SNES actually had online capabilities using a special device.

justjim89

The whole internet seemed like it was hyped for this thing and ready to pre-order the Switch. It feels like they just convinced everybody to hold off. At least til Mario comes out.

Mr. F

Banned
I doubt it but that pricepoint and the accessory prices really hurt.

I don't know who the market is for this

The more they went in on the gyro features of the Joy Cons the more of a sinking feeling I got. I really wish they'd take the opportunity to make a clean break from that stuff.

TraBuch

Banned
When I saw Mario jump out of the sewer, I was sooooooo hoping it was a new Mario Party. Jeff's reaction would've been one for the ages.

The whole internet seemed like it was hyped for this thing and ready to pre-order the Switch. It feels like they just convinced everybody to hold off. At least til Mario comes out.

They had everyone. People were optimistic. This presentation was kind of a let down. The actual system still has lots of potential, and I still think it looks rad, but the presentation cast a pretty bad light on it.

I guess something can be said for getting the shitty news out of the way first. The following months are going to be interesting. I hope they host another Direct in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom