• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

This is the one place the durability bothers me. Shields should last much longer when you're riding them.

Surprisingly, the shield I used somehow survived the entire trip down.

I beat it last night, and my overall experience was outstanding.

But I think the performance issues affected me more than I expected. Many of the spectacular moments that I had in the open world were diminished by either a bad framerate, poor draw distance, or blurry textures.

It's a shame because I can only imagine what it would look like on a PS4 or PC.

Disclaimer: this was on the WiiU.

I'm going through the Wii U version as well and it feels like its in this "The Last of Us" kind of place where it looks good and could potentially look amazing, but runs worse than the average big release because its pushing against the console's limits. Unfortunately the Switch version isn't much of an improvement, but I'll be glad to rip my Wii U version for a second run when its ironed out for Cemu. The interesting thing about my experience with the framerate is that I'm usually very sensitive to bad framerate (headaches, dizziness, etc) but I haven't felt any of that in my 57 hours with the game so far.

Curufinwe

I spent an hour this morning watching three grown men try and put goo in a hole, which meant I didn't have time to to watch the Snipperclips Quick Look.

ev0

I made the mistake of going into the Kinda Funny thread out of morbid curiosity.
homersimpson.jpg

This is what happens when #wheresmycontent, #wherethenewhire, #damnPAX

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I made the mistake of going into the Kinda Funny thread out of morbid curiosity.
homersimpson.jpg

This is what happens when #wheresmycontent, #wherethenewhire, #damnPAX
I was surprised how critical they were over there. Which makes it more of a mess, I guess.

ev0

I was surprised how critical they were over there. Which makes it more of a mess, I guess.

Ahhh, actually I was in the PS ILY thread on main forum..got confused lol. That one is a little more infuriating.
Just took a peak at FK in community....you are right...more critical..but still a mess

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhh, actually I was in the PS ILY thread on main forum..got confused lol. That one is a little more infuriating.
Just took a peak at FK in community....you are right...more critical..but still a mess
Nah, I meant the PS ILY thread, but they are like 25 pages deep now and I checked out a long time ago...

kingocfs

Oh hey folks where's all the content at-
Oh.
It's that time of the year again.
PAX sucks.

"Man, it would be really cool if GB could travel around the country and meet fans and record videos instead of staying holed up in SF."

*travels to Boston to meet fans and record videos*

"Where's the content?! Fuck PAX!"

Zaph

"Man, it would be really cool if GB could travel around the country and meet fans and record videos instead of staying holed up in SF."

Apart from the hilariously ill-conceived World Tour, has that ever been a thing people ask for?

Curufinwe

Apart from the hilariously ill-conceived World Tour, has that ever been a thing people ask for?

I don't even like them taking phone calls from the fans, although I must admit the recent UPF call in shows have actually been pretty decent.

kingocfs

Feels like someone brings it up in every Jar Time/Q&A/Call-in show, and Jeff has mentioned often how it's something he wants to do.

I'm sure he'd prefer to break away from the PAX circuit, though, but it's better than nothing. Ain't gonna pretend like many of their best videos are from outside of the office.

Meguro

Banned

This post would be more valid if they'd recorded more videos than their own panel at PAX.

LiK

A panel with cringe-worthy QA. Business as usual.

ev0

This post would be more valid if they'd recorded more videos than their own panel at PAX.

and 50% of the panel is unwatchable Q&A section.

so 1 hour or 2 if you watch the whole thing to make up for near zero content for 4 days, and this happens twice a year with Pax and Pax East

oti

Banned

WHO THE HELL ASKS FOR THIS

STAY IN THE STUDIO 24/7
PLAY VIDEO GAMES 24/7

PAX sucks.

daveo42

Banned
QA panels are always the worst. I'd probably kill someone if I had to answer the same three stupid questions over and over again from people who don't pay attention to those same questions being asked by the person in front of them.

Edit: Someone needs to ask if GB is going to try to compete with Waypoint on shipping/fanservice/sex content.

A PAX supercut would be pretty neat. They should get Drew on that. Oh...

ev0

QA panels are always the worst. I'd probably kill someone if I had to answer the same three stupid questions over and over again from people who don't pay attention to those same questions being asked by the person in front of them. .

I just realized that Rorie is the living embodiment of Q&A.

I kid, I kid

ev0

noclip is going to invade Giantbomb.

But then Austin will show up and everyone will chant "Waypoint! Waypoint!".

Then they will team with noclip and form the Alliance.

Jeff will defect to the Alliance and write fanfics about Sonic and Overwatch shipping

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Jeff will defect to the Alliance and write fanfics about Sonic and Overwatch shipping

Also all articles will be about the most pointless mods in existance and everything will start with "Does [HEADERSUBJECT] fuck?"

and just like the original Alliance it'll be a fucking disaster

daveo42

Banned

Jeff would be more about Sonic x Mr. Do x Trackmania fanfics. Dan of course would go with the popular Zelda x Taco Bell fanfics as well as write about what it's like to be a professional heel.

Top Bottom