• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

TYKiJR5.gif

All this needs is a satisfying "click" noise and this could rival the Switch logo animation.

TheChits

Super excited to learn more about whatever Drew's new thing is. The Iceland videos will always be some of my favorite content on the site

skynidas

Banned
I think he's traveling the world and documenting it. Focused more on the culture of those places and relating it to gaming somehow.

Excited to see whatever Drew's thing winds up being. As much as it sucks to have people leave, it's cool to see people from various outlets moving on and starting up exciting new things (and even cooler that they're able to with Patreon and everything else).

I'm also on the "oh, wait, it's PAX this weekend?" train. And as with every PAX East, I find myself wondering why I'm not going there myself. I should fix that next year.

Megasoum

Banned
The GB twitter account just tweeted about the engineer position in West and producer in East but no mention of the editorial for West... Do we already have white smoke?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if it is Pax related since the logo is pretty reminsicent. Some kind of pax travel offshoot perhaps?

I'm still down for a drew-cumentary series too though.

Catvoca

Banned
It sucks when people leave GB but having Noclip, Waypoint and whatever travel doc thing Drew does in addition to GB is rad.

Mr. F

Banned
Interested to see what Drew's up to, I wonder if it'll kind of occupy a similar space as Danny's stuff.

Sad to see him go still, but going by the complete shift of what a travel show-like thing would entail I can imagine GB was kind of hamstringing his ambition after a while.

Drew is going to document the gaming scene in other countries, isn't he? I'm totally down for that.

I've wanted a Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations style show focused around gaming for some time. That'd be awesome if that's what it turns out to be. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be great.

daveo42

Banned
Excited to see whatever Drew's thing winds up being. As much as it sucks to have people leave, it's cool to see people from various outlets moving on and starting up exciting new things (and even cooler that they're able to with Patreon and everything else).

I'm also on the "oh, wait, it's PAX this weekend?" train. And as with every PAX East, I find myself wondering why I'm not going there myself. I should fix that next year.

Ehhh...it's okay, but nothing real special either. Some of the panels are fine if that's what you're interested in. Same with the old games area. Otherwise it's lines to watch gameplay demos, clouds of funk, and shameless marketing. The indie section can be pretty rad tho. The year I went I got to mess around with Antichamber and Monaco.

My Zelda story for today:

Since Steep is doing a free weekend, I decided to climb the tallest snowy mountain and snowboard all the way down while paragliding every once in a while when a drop was too... steep. It controlled and flowed so damn well, great atmosphere, and even found some Korok seeds along the way. What a freakin game.

Curufinwe

It sucks when people leave GB but having Noclip, Waypoint and whatever travel doc thing Drew does in addition to GB is rad.

I loved Danny when he would appear on GB, but I haven't watched any Noclip stuff yet. Hopefully he'll eventually cover a topic I find interesting.

Dineren

Banned

Since Steep is doing a free weekend, I decided to climb the tallest snowy mountain and snowboard all the way down while paragliding every once in a while when a drop was too... steep. It controlled and flowed so damn well, great atmosphere, and even found some Korok seeds along the way. What a freakin game.

This is the one place the durability bothers me. Shields should last much longer when you're riding them.

I beat it last night, and my overall experience was outstanding.

But I think the performance issues affected me more than I expected. Many of the spectacular moments that I had in the open world were diminished by either a bad framerate, poor draw distance, or blurry textures.

It's a shame because I can only imagine what it would look like on a PS4 or PC.

Disclaimer: this was on the WiiU.

Mr. F

Banned
Help me out GB Gaf, was XIII a good game? I remember reading about it and being into its styyyyle at the time but wasn't allowed to play it in 6th grade. It looked rad, the comic strips when you sniped someone was a neat touch.

Xater

Help me out GB Gaf, was XIII a good game? I remember reading about it and being into its styyyyle at the time but wasn't allowed to play it in 6th grade. It looked rad, the comic strips when you sniped someone was a neat touch.

Yes, it was good.

The GB twitter account just tweeted about the engineer position in West and producer in East but no mention of the editorial for West... Do we already have white smoke?

I noticed that too. At the very least, they may be doing interviews now, so it may not be long before everything is done. Exciting times!

It was ok if not good, I thought. I mostly was into it because of how unique it looked.

I remember liking it... but that
..............cliffhanger.............
ending.

man...

Top Bottom